2005 NFL Surprise?

pedro2112

Which NFL playoff bound team is the biggest surprise this year?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFL playoff bound team is the biggest surprise this year?

• Indianapolis
    • Denver
    • Cincinnati
    • New England
    • Jacksonville
    • Pittsburgh
    • Seattle
    • Chicago
    • Tampa Bay
    • N.Y. Giants
    • Carolina
    • Washington

Def the Bungles! laugh.gif

For me, they've always been bad (I don't go back with the NFL as far as '88)

I would have voted the Bears, but they had a good-ish team about 5 yrs ago

Chicago is my biggest surprize. I knew the bengals was an up and coming team but I had no clue the bears would have a top 2 seed.

I think The Steelers are going to play Seattle in the Super bowl and the Steelers win big. The Steelers have the most momentum right now and that means a lot. Not to mention it's basically the same team that won 15 games last year. They had a hard time back when tommy maddox was at QB when Big Ben was hurt but he's back now and the Steelers are ready to roll.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 5 2006, 10:37 AM)
The only prediction that I will make is that Seattle will not be in the Super Bowl.

I hope you're right, I don't like dome teams. Dome teams should always choke in the playoffs. laugh.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 5 2006, 03:37 PM)
The only prediction that I will make is that Seattle will not be in the Super Bowl.

God I hope not. I never have even seen a Seahag fan until this year. Talking all kinds of smack too. You figured that they would at least win something before spouting off.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 5 2006, 02:39 PM)

I hope you're right, I don't like dome teams. Dome teams should always choke in the playoffs. laugh.gif

Dude.. Seattle has been playing outside for like... over three years now!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 5 2006, 03:19 PM)
So who was the biggest surprise this year? Also let us know who you think are the two teams that are going to end up in the Super Bowl.

you have to say the bears, cincy was already on the way up, the bears were a total suprise.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 5 2006, 03:42 PM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jan 5 2006, 10:42 AM)

ahahaha damn, well ok, it's cool that they make it to the bowl then. I don't see a lot of Seattle games but I did see the Giants/Hawks game so now that I think about it I guess Qwest field is only 70% covered and the roof protection is only for 70 percent of seats, so they are only 70% wussies. rofl3.gif

DA Bears are the biggest surprise to me I knew Lovey would turn the D around but I didn't see them being that good.

As for the SB whoever is the AFC team will beat the NFC team

I wold love to see Bears vs Patriots (Pats46-Bears10)

But I think it will be Seattle and the Pats and a close one

Of course it's Da Bears!! The Bangles made a vast improvement last year, as did the Seahags. The Foreskins and G-men are not big surprises (nor is the failure of my Cows fists crying.gif ) You might say the Broncos are surprisingly improved (Jake the Fake still has to prove something to me though) The bottom line is: who would you least have expected to have a first round bye?? Da Bears!!! The next question is: who is the most suspect to lose at home? Da Bears!!! Whatcha gonna do Lovie? Got any offence in that bag o'tricks? 1287.gif

The Bears are the biggest surprise for me too.

They were always going to improve defensively with Lovie Smith at the helm, but I didn't expect them to be be able to put enough points on the board offensively to win many games. confused13.gif But then again defences win championships. wink.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 6 2006, 01:27 PM)

They were always going to improve defensively with Lovie Smith at the helm, but I didn't expect them to be be able to put enough points on the board offensively to win many games. confused13.gif But then again defences win championships. wink.gif

This is true.

An interesting thing to note is that when the Ravens won the SB, nobody really noticed them creeping up on the rails. I kept saying after each playoff round, that the Ravens would go out. How wrong I was. Thing is, the Ravens are probably the least popular SB winner in recent times (among neutrals), because they weren't really an exciting team (wasn't it Trent Dilfer as QB?? rofl3.gif rofl3.gif )...but with a D to die for!

The Bears have been similar this season. Not much offence, but wicked D.

Everyone looks at the offensive teams as potential SB winners, and a typical example were the Rams and Kurt Warner.

But, are the Bears 2006's version of the Ravens? unsure.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 6 2006, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 6 2006, 01:27 PM)

They were always going to improve defensively with Lovie Smith at the helm, but I didn't expect them to be be able to put enough points on the board offensively to win many games. confused13.gif But then again defences win championships.  wink.gif

This is true.

An interesting thing to note is that when the Ravens won the SB, nobody really noticed them creeping up on the rails. I kept saying after each playoff round, that the Ravens would go out. How wrong I was. Thing is, the Ravens are probably the least popular SB winner in recent times (among neutrals), because they weren't really an exciting team (wasn't it Trent Dilfer as QB?? rofl3.gif rofl3.gif )...but with a D to die for!

The Bears have been similar this season. Not much offence, but wicked D.

Everyone looks at the offensive teams as potential SB winners, and a typical example were the Rams and Kurt Warner.

But, are the Bears 2006's version of the Ravens? unsure.gif

That's an interesting point rickyrob, that Ravens D was breathtaking...and still is when fully fit. I love watching Ray Lewis play and I for one was cheering them throughout the playoffs that season!

The Bears are very similar as you say, and with home advantage in their first playoff game they have an excellent chance; for me they are the dark horses this year. yes.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 5 2006, 12:39 PM)

I take it, you don't think Indy will make it then.

It is still sad that everyone still has to slam Seattle. Once again, it looks like the East Coast bias. No, we haven't won a Super Bowl yet. There's always a first time. Yes, we have choked in the past. That was the past and those were different teams. It would be nice if we could have our moment in the sun, especially with all this rain.

*waits for all the disparaging replies, childish name-calling, and inane chest-beating for their own teams*

As far as a surprise, I would have to say it's up in the air between Jacksonville and Tampa. Neither team looked very good last year, but this year they are both in it despite the fact there were a few times they looked to self-destruct. And Jax has a bunch of nobodies, which says something for their teamwork.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jan 6 2006, 04:07 PM)
It is still sad that everyone still has to slam Seattle. Once again, it looks like the East Coast bias. No, we haven't won a Super Bowl yet. There's always a first time. Yes, we have choked in the past. That was the past and those were different teams. It would be nice if we could have our moment in the sun, especially with all this rain.

*waits for all the disparaging replies, childish name-calling, and inane chest-beating for their own teams*

Not me no.gif I'd love to see Seattle win it. 1022.gif

As a pure neutral, who sits in the UK, but likes to watch the NFL from time to time, it'd be good for the 'Hawks to win it.

Personally, Just as long as the playoffs are exciting with high-scoring matches, I don't mind who wins it, as long as it isn't the Pat's - this is only because its about time someone else won it tongue.gif Sorry Batty tongue.gif

I won't knock the Seahawks as they have been consistent all season. Good QB, great RB and good-ish D, they have a pretty good chance.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jan 6 2006, 05:07 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 5 2006, 12:39 PM)

I take it, you don't think Indy will make it then.

There are more than one dome team in football besides Seattle. (Although I realize that they aren't in a dome anymore)

I'm not bashing Seattle, relax, I actually picked them to go to the superbowl. I just think domes are for wussies, but now that someone pointed out that they aren't in a full dome anymore then they are excluded in my list of wussy dome teams. If you look you will see where I predicted them to go to the super bowl in several threads.

I was actually sticking up for the Seahawks in the Seahawk thread. I noticed that a lot of people never give them credit although they won more games than anyone else in the NFC. You have to remember, the only way some people will say your team is any good is if they win a super bowl, they don't know how to watch football and see if a team is good unless they win it all. It's mostly football fans who don't seem to know a whole lot about football who thinks that way though so I wouldn't let anything those people say bother you. You don't get a #1 seed in football unless you are a great team, period.

As far as me thinking if Indy will go to the super bowl, if you read what I said I said I HOPE a dome team don't make it. Understand? What I think and what I HOPE are 2 different things.

Seriously though, I think the Steelers are going to the super bowl. They only lost 6 out of their last 32 games so they obviously are good enough to go to the super bowl. Plus I just have a weird feeling that this is their year. But it's just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Ok, I wasn't really directing at you. I get the sense you know good football and who are the good teams (one of the few who does). And I have noted you have stuck up for Seattle's performance this year.

Seattle vs Pittsburg. That could be a real drag out brawl. Sadly, I do have to concede that, whoever makes the Super Bowl, the AFC team will most likely win.

Archived