Am I the only one?

teliriumdrigger

I have been listening to RUSH for about 5 or 6 years now and there is something that has kinda bothered me ever since then. I have noticed that almost no teenagers or young adults listen to RUSH. I don't know why that is and it kinda of feels like I'm the only teen who does (exaggeration). I'm 19 and love RUSH. I would also like to find other musicians my own age who like RUSH just as much as I do (if they exsist). I guess i should have been born in 1974 huh?

QUOTE (teliriumdrigger @ Dec 19 2005, 12:52 AM)
I have been listening to RUSH for about 5 or 6 years now and there is something that has kinda bothered me ever since then. I have noticed that almost no teenagers or young adults listen to RUSH. I don't know why that is and it kinda of feels like I'm the only teen who does (exaggeration). I'm 19 and love RUSH. I would also like to find other musicians my own age who like RUSH just as much as I do (if they exsist). I guess i should have been born in 1974 huh?

bekloppt.gif

19, drummer, and I love 2.gif

There's actually a bunch of teenagers on this board. If you're interested, defrushfan and I are two of the members of Xantherian Nemisis; a melodic hard rock/progressive metal band.

QUOTE (teliriumdrigger @ Dec 19 2005, 01:14 AM)
wow man thats badass. I really like the cover of driven you did. I only wish there were people my age where i lived who played rush.

Thanks.

Wait till you hear the new version of our Tribute to Rush we're working on.

Animate - Driven - One Little Victory - Working Man - Limelight - The Grand Finale

I want to try to find a way to incorporate the guitar solo from Between the Wheels into it somewhere (if I can convince def to learn it that is...)

Don't worry about finding people around you who like Rush. With patience and time, it'll happen. If all else fails, post adds online (if you haven't already)

Edited by kazzman

sounds sick. i love those songs. especially limelight. cant play it all the way through yet but it stills kicks ass. i dont know i can ever find anyone. maybe someday. but right now i still need to work on my guitar skills before i even think of playing with other people. Edited by teliriumdrigger

im 17 and im huge fan of Rush. Ive been playing guitar for 3 years now, i think. I also like yes and king Crimson and all that good stuff.

I'm 24 and I've been a fan of them since I was 16. They've been a huge influence on my guitar and bass playing. I've only recently actually been able to play more than a dozen or so of their songs, but it's fun stuff. One of the guitarists in my band is 20 and he likes them too. I guess we are a rare breed but not as rare as you think.

Wow. I've been listening to Rush since before all of you were born!

It's good to see younger people getting into their music.

smile.gif

Same here!!

I am far from a teenager (although you can't tell by the way I act) but it may comfort you to know I listened to Rush and LOVED them in my pre teen years. yes.gif

When ATWS came out I would put the album on and play air guitar in the mirror through the WHOLE album. Then in somewhere around 1980 when I saw Randy Rhoads in concert I then thought "I have to learn guitar now"

It is nice to see that young fans enjoy rush music still. trink39.gif

Edited by Indica

biggrin.gif All've the teenaged chick fans are hot on this board. tongue.gif

16 yr old Analog kid, here, and I agree. There aren't enough young Rush fans in the world.

15 here, and Rush is really what made me pick up... well, everything! I never really wanted to experiment before, so before Rush, I was only playing electric bass. Now, under my belt is...

-Elec. Bass

-Upright Bass

-Elec Guitar (6/12 string)

-Acoustic Guitar (6/12 String)

-Drums

-Assorted Percusssion

-All sorts of keys (just got a new synth this week)

-Chapman Stick (not Rush related, but still, it's insane!)

When I was 13-years-old, Rush, The Police, The Clash, The Pretenders were all breaking out, among other great bands. I feel so sorry for you youngin's. There is too much crap music to deal with these days. The only hope I can see comes from bands that rarely, if ever, get the kind of exposure to reach the new generation of musicians. I guess that's why I think of you Analog Kids as not being a run-of-the-mill representation of your generation. How unfortunate that such a small portion of your peers can find inspiration in bands like Rush. Good for you guys to recognize real musicians when you hear them. 1022.gif

Ummm... old.gif

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 23 2005, 11:46 PM)
When I was 13-years-old, Rush, The Police, The Clash, The Pretenders were all breaking out, among other great bands. I feel so sorry for you youngin's. There is too much crap music to deal with these days. The only hope I can see comes from bands that rarely, if ever, get the kind of exposure to reach the new generation of musicians. I guess that's why I think of you Analog Kids as not being a run-of-the-mill representation of your generation. How unfortunate that such a small portion of your peers can find inspiration in bands like Rush. Good for you guys to recognize real musicians when you hear them. 1022.gif

Ummm... old.gif

ph34r.gif

yes.gif Agreed.

Believe me youngster, as late as '77 you would have been very lucky to have heard much RUSH unless you were deep into heavy R&R. It wasn't till '80 that they gained heavy exposure here in Tejas and even then lots of folks didn't and still don't "get em". I can't tell you how many people have complained to me about Geds' voice. These are the same people who think David Lee Roth is the best ever! sarcasm.gif b_sigh.gif Just be happy that you've been turned on to such great artists and that you've got at least one more album and tour to look forward to!! 653.gif (You might want to start working your parents now) The road less traveled is always worth the extra steps.