Before Spinal Tap there was Bad News.

condemned2bfree

Yeah I saw it back in the day. It's basically the same people who did The Young Ones, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson and Nigel Planer. They actually played Donington in 1986 with Ozzy, Def Leppard, Scorpions, Motorhead and Warlock. They got hit with a LOT of bottles.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Yeah I saw it back in the day. It's basically the same people who did The Young Ones, Rik Mayall, Ade Edmondson and Nigel Planer. They actually played Donington in 1986 with Ozzy, Def Leppard, Scorpions, Motorhead and Warlock. They got hit with a LOT of bottles.

Yeah this clip is from Donnington. You can see the many bottles being hurled at them. The bands you mention give their opinion here too.

I'm wondering if the famous bands actually got that Bad News were a mock band. They seem so serious in dismissing them. Animal from Motorhead and Ozzy in particular. The bit at the end is hilarious with Neil ( will always think of him out of the Young Ones ) in hospital. '' the drummer blew himself up'' :laugh:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, condemned2bfree said:

Yeah this clip is from Donnington. You can see the many bottles being hurled at them. The bands you mention give their opinion here too.

I'm wondering if the famous bands actually got that Bad News were a mock band. They seem so serious in dismissing them. Animal from Motorhead and Ozzy in particular. The bit at the end is hilarious with Neil ( will always think of him out of the Young Ones ) in hospital. '' the drummer blew himself up'' :laugh:

I think that was the idea to make as many people think it was a real band as possible, especially real bands. :laugh:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, treeduck said:

I think that was the idea to make as many people think it was a real band as possible, especially real bands. :laugh:

Seems like that, they took it that far not letting the bands in on it . Guess there's a fine line between.......rockumentary and reality.:laugh:. Brutal gig for them. Those bottles were sometimes full of something. :blink:

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

Actually I've watched that clip now and the bands are in on the joke and are just acting. It's all part of the joke.

Yeah I thought so with some of them, others not too sure. Too dead pan for it's own good. : ) Lemmy's his old cantankerous lovable self :laugh:

1 minute ago, condemned2bfree said:

Yeah I thought so with some of them, others not too sure. Too dead pan for it's own good. : ) Lemmy's his old cantankerous lovable self :laugh:

Having said that they probably do think they're shit as a band, but as a comedy team they like them. Lemmy probably hated them as a comedy team as well. 

I love just about anything this crew put together. Never seen this, though. I want to know more. I have the Young Ones and Bottom on DVD, had Dangerous Brothers on tape, and have seen a couple of episodes of Filthy Rich and Catflap. What else is there?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 7:38 AM, ozzy85 said:

I love just about anything this crew put together. Never seen this, though. I want to know more. I have the Young Ones and Bottom on DVD, had Dangerous Brothers on tape, and have seen a couple of episodes of Filthy Rich and Catflap. What else is there?

Check out The Comedy Club episodes as some has mentioned. Tho the Bad News episode seems the best. imo.

• Like 1