Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

19 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Trivium-The Sin and the Sentence (10/10)

I'll say it again.  Trivium is one of the few bands that could make albums in one style....in this case they're melodic metal.....over and over and i swear to you.  I will Never get bored.

Terrific band.

Mick

There lesser albums are still killer 

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

There lesser albums are still killer 

i agree.  but they don'tt have near the infectious effortless confidence of the last 3.

but i am a newer fan and don't have the attchment to the early albums. so take that into account.

Mick

32 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i agree.  but they don'tt have near the infectious effortless confidence of the last 3.

but i am a newer fan and don't have the attchment to the early albums. so take that into account.

Mick

I see new fans still gravitating towards Ascendancy. Its just a masterpiece. I'm glad it was not a one off though

• Like 1

Trivium- Ascendancy 

In Flames- Come Clarity

Trivium are the reason I got into In Flames. And it's easy to hear the influence.

Come Clarity was my first In Flames album and its probably still my absolute fave

• Like 1

Taylor Swift - Red

I’m honestly surprised how much I like I Knew You Were Trouble. 22 and Never Getting Back Together are okay, maybe at another moment in my life I could get into them, but IKYWT really works for me. Other highlights… you know I was about to make a list and I realized it would be shorter to list the songs that didn’t do as much for me. Starlight is fine. Stay Stay Stay is maybe a little too cute. Red I like but the lyrical concept wears out a little midway through the song. Honestly everything else is great. Can I do especiallies? Hm… All Too Well and Begin Again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Taylor Swift - Red

I’m honestly surprised how much I like I Knew You Were Trouble. 22 and Never Getting Back Together are okay, maybe at another moment in my life I could get into them, but IKYWT really works for me. Other highlights… you know I was about to make a list and I realized it would be shorter to list the songs that didn’t do as much for me. Starlight is fine. Stay Stay Stay is maybe a little too cute. Red I like but the lyrical concept wears out a little midway through the song. Honestly everything else is great. Can I do especiallies? Hm… All Too Well and Begin Again. 

this is my fav Taylor album.  but i can see how the variety of it could make it less so for others.

it is truly all over the place in style.  but you have to understand this album was her starting to dip her toes in the pop arena and this was the start of her journey to superstar status. but that's why you get the  Country all too well.  mixed with Cute-sy pop like Stay Stay Stay and the jimmy eat world Tinged State of Grace.  It's her flexing a bit more.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Taylor Swift - Red

Begin Again and All Too Well are my favourites. I recently listened again to the ten minute version of ATW and it knocked me off my feet.

Begin Again is exquisite and the music video is my absolute favourite of hers.

Starlight and Stay, Stay, Stay are filler, but I oddly enjoy them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

this is my fav Taylor album.  but i can see how the variety of it could make it less so for others.

it is truly all over the place in style.  but you have to understand this album was her starting to dip her toes in the pop arena and this was the start of her journey to superstar status. but that's why you get the  Country all too well.  mixed with Cute-sy pop like Stay Stay Stay and the jimmy eat world Tinged State of Grace.  It's her flexing a bit more.

Mick

State Of Grace reminds me less of Jimmy and more of Joshua Tree era-U2, Killers and Kings Of Leon.

But now you mention it, I could imagine it on Futures or Invented!

• Like 3