Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

5 hours ago, treeduck said:

I saw this one a few weeks back.

I had never heard of it until I saw your post. I figured I'd give it a try. I enjoyed it quite a bit, even though it's much more serious than most of the movies I watch.

• Like 1

The Hollywood Knights (1980)

My favorite non horror Halloween movie.  Underrated coming of age comedy with many then unknown actors we all know now in the tradition of American Graffiti, Stand By Me, Diner and Dazed and Confused to name a few.  Biggest name now being Michelle Pfeiffer and SAG president Fran Drescher.

Volare!  *fart*

• Like 1

NOES 3 is the best of the sequels with Wes returning for the writing and likable characters.  Four is a small step down but had my favorite Freddy kill.

"You can check in, but you can't check out."

Nice to see how they created the effects.  The actress had a lot of fun in that scene as well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

NOES 3 is the best of the sequels with Wes returning for the writing and likable characters.  Four is a small step down but had my favorite Freddy kill.

"You can check in, but you can't check out."

Nice to see how they created the effects.  The actress had a lot of fun in that scene as well.

The cast is a lot worse too, no John Saxon, Larry Fishburne, Craig Wasson, Patricia Arquette or Priscilla Pointer and no Heather Langenkamp. And even the lesser known people from 3 are killed off in the first half an hour. The story is weaker as well.

• Like 1