What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Non-Rush) V.19

custom55

The KIllers - When You Were Young

Edited by Krystal
  • Like 2

Nick Carter - Help Me.......   I went to one of his gigs a while back. 

His family has really gone through a lot in the past few years. 

Nick's sister Leslie died at 25 and now his brother Aaron died at 34.

300.Carters.tg.020112.jpg?fit=around%7C3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krystal said:

This is where Trent Reznor got most of his inspiration.

Apparently, Bowie wasn't fond of him.  He dissed him in Teenage Wildlife from his Scary Monsters album.

"Same old thing in brand, new drag
Comes sweeping into view, whoa, hoe, hoe, hoe, hoe, hoe
As ugly as a teenage millionaire
Pretending it's a whizz-kid world
You'll take me aside, and say"

Michael Jackson - Get on the Floor

16 hours ago, treeduck said:

Pardon me for not paying better attention but dang, is that Scott Travis & Les Binks on the drums?  Plus Glen, KK & Ritchie Faulkner?  Along with Ian & Rob?  Wow!!!  Glad KK was willing to bury the hatchet for one night & play with them.  That is Ritchie  - I assume.  Glad Ritchie was allowed in.  I assumed the RRHOF would screw it up and not allow him in because he has not been with the band long enough.  When in doubt, assume they will screw things up.  Glad Glen was able to at least get up on stage and play a bit.  Letting both drummers in is impressive and well deserved.

Thanks for posting this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Pardon me for not paying better attention but dang, is that Scott Travis & Les Binks on the drums?  Plus Glen, KK & Ritchie Faulkner?  Along with Ian & Rob?  Wow!!!  Glad KK was willing to bury the hatchet for one night & play with them.  That is Ritchie  - I assume.  Glad Ritchie was allowed in.  I assumed the RRHOF would screw it up and not allow him in because he has not been with the band long enough.  When in doubt, assume they will screw things up.  Glad Glen was able to at least get up on stage and play a bit.  Letting both drummers in is impressive and well deserved.

Thanks for posting this.

That is Richie but he wasn't actually inducted, he was just performing. Everyone else is in though.

48 minutes ago, treeduck said:

That is Richie but he wasn't actually inducted, he was just performing. Everyone else is in though.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So my assumption was correct.  The Rock & Roll Hall of Shame screwed it up - slightly.  Glad all the others are in - well deserved.  But I think they should have also let Ritchie in.  I was not really aware of him till I watched Battle Cry (the DVD they released of their show at Wacken in 2015).  He blew me away on that and I felt like having him in the band was like putting new tires on an old car.  The album Battle Cry was supporting was a very good album and then they released Firepower which (IMO) was likely their best work since Screaming for Vengeance.  I thought that late career creativity was what made it difficult for the Hall of Fame to keep ignoring them.  Basically, his presence in the band pushed the band in (although they should have been in long ago).  Glad he was at least allowed to perform with them.

Thrilled KK was with them.  I can't see him ever rejoining the group but the idea of him and Ritchie together is interesting to say the least.  The dynamics between them seemed ok - for at least 3 songs.  I don't know if he has toured in support of his Priest album that he did with Ripper.  I liked that album and would hope for another one (if he would never rejoin JP).  If he did tour to support his own album that would be a show I would like to see.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

So my assumption was correct.  The Rock & Roll Hall of Shame screwed it up - slightly.  Glad all the others are in - well deserved.  But I think they should have also let Ritchie in.  I was not really aware of him till I watched Battle Cry (the DVD they released of their show at Wacken in 2015).  He blew me away on that and I felt like having him in the band was like putting new tires on an old car.  The album Battle Cry was supporting was a very good album and then they released Firepower which (IMO) was likely their best work since Screaming for Vengeance.  I thought that late career creativity was what made it difficult for the Hall of Fame to keep ignoring them.  Basically, his presence in the band pushed the band in (although they should have been in long ago).  Glad he was at least allowed to perform with them.

Thrilled KK was with them.  I can't see him ever rejoining the group but the idea of him and Ritchie together is interesting to say the least.  The dynamics between them seemed ok - for at least 3 songs.  I don't know if he has toured in support of his Priest album that he did with Ripper.  I liked that album and would hope for another one (if he would never rejoin JP).  If he did tour to support his own album that would be a show I would like to see.

Richie was great right away, check out the Epitaph video, that's great. Check this out:

• Like 1