What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Non-Rush) V.19

custom55

Iron Maiden/Paschendale

... just thinking about an uncle that I never met. Every week, in just another insignificant canadian town ... that I currently reside in, I trod past a plaque with names of those who gave their lives.

This day always brings a heavy heart for me.

... Sending well wishes to all that have experienced or are experiencing the horrific, traumatic results that war brings.

There is a lake in northern Saskatchewan named after my lost Uncle (courtesy of the government and the fact that we have a plethora of lakes), and  for all  of those who had to, WHY?  ... give their lives.

to fellow TRFers ...Peace and Love be with yous and yours on THIS DAY and forever more! 

REMEMBERANCE DAY

• Like 5

Dark and dreary day in NJ.

Heavy Heavy band.  I saw Fear Factory a few times during my metal years.   Ha

52492487082_dc20fd7bcb_z.jpg

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tinwoodsman said:

Iron Maiden/Paschendale

... just thinking about an uncle that I never met. Every week, in just another insignificant canadian town ... that I currently reside in, I trod past a plaque with names of those who gave their lives.

This day always brings a heavy heart for me.

... Sending well wishes to all that have experienced or are experiencing the horrific, traumatic results that war brings.

There is a lake in northern Saskatchewan named after my lost Uncle (courtesy of the government and the fact that we have a plethora of lakes), and  for all  of those who had to, WHY?  ... give their lives.

to fellow TRFers ...Peace and Love be with yous and yours on THIS DAY and forever more! 

REMEMBERANCE DAY

Well put.  Pashchdale is my favorite Iron Maiden song.  I remember the first time I heard it.  I was in the car and was just blown away by it.  Had to pull over to the side of the road because it so emotionally impacted me.  Just an awesome song.

• Like 2

Just finished listing to a collection of folksongs from Bavaria.  Makes me want to go out to a German restaurant that I used to enjoy.  Sadly its closed and out of business.

Now I am listening to a collection of songs from the Montpellier Codex as performed by Anonymous 4 (a group that specializes in the performance of medieval chant).

• Like 1

I have just (re)discovered Ram Jam.  Listening to the best of package, which is really the 2 albums concatenated.

'Southern Rock' from New York City. Love it. 

• Like 3

Now I am listening to an album titled "Sinners & Saints".  No, not "Saints & Sinners" - thats the White Snake album.  This album is subtitled "The Ultimate Medieval and Renaissance Music Collection".  That subtitle says exactly what is it.  Its very good actually.  Seems to be a night of music from the Middle Ages and Renaissance for me.

14 minutes ago, grep said:

I have just (re)discovered Ram Jam.  Listening to the best of package, which is really the 2 albums concatenated.

'Southern Rock' from New York City. Love it. 

Love it! My daughter went through a Black Betty phase,  such a cool song 

• Like 2