RUSH vs Triumph

treeduck

I imagine there are people out there who like Triumph's brand of straight-ahead hard rock rather than Rush's cerebral and complex progressive rock.

EDIT: ST3V beat me to it and said it better. :cheers:

After thinking about it a bit, my best friend from high school fits this category. I know he likes Rush quite well, but I'm pretty sure he has every Triumph album made, not to mention being a big fan of his solo career. He is the one who introduced me to Triumph anyway.

I imagine there are people out there who like Triumph's brand of straight-ahead hard rock rather than Rush's cerebral and complex progressive rock.

After thinking about it a bit, my best friend from high school fits this category. I know he likes Rush quite well, but I'm pretty sure he has every Triumph album made, not to mention being a big fan of his solo career. He is the one who introduced me to Triumph anyway.

Maybe he wanted to stand out as the "Triumph Guy" among Rush fanatics?

• Like 1

Triumph will always be RUSH JR to me. But! I LOVE THIS BAND!!!

Agree. They showed up a bit later and didn't last quite as long. Just A Game, Allied Forces, and Thunder Seven are excellent albums.

Yes amigo! I love every record through "Thunder Seven."

I still had my Thunder Seven concert shirt until recently. It was so thin it was like gauze. Got torn, like my old Motorhead shirt.

I want one!

I haven't known the percentage of people, and any other of my friends, who prefer Triumph over, and to Rush. I've liked both bands, and groups, but Rush has always been my favorite, and number one band, and group.

I find myself listening to Triumph

more & more recently.

same....in fact it may be getting older. but these days i prefer straight ahead rock/metal over prog in general.....if i'm gonna listen to rock/metal

fukk your time signature's give me a riff and a vocal hook, lol

Mick

So, I just talked to my buddy yesterday and threw him the question. After a pause, he said that as a band, he liked Rush better. But then he started talking about what he liked about Triumph. Seems to me he also thinks Rush had a more talented rhythm section, but pointed out that Triumph had two vocalists in the band. He also stood up for albums like Never Surrender as far as lyrical content and concept. He also like Rik Emmet better as a guitarist. It ended up being a good conversation on the two bands. We still talk alot about music.

• Like 2

So, I just talked to my buddy yesterday and threw him the question. After a pause, he said that as a band, he liked Rush better. But then he started talking about what he liked about Triumph. Seems to me he also thinks Rush had a more talented rhythm section, but pointed out that Triumph had two vocalists in the band. He also stood up for albums like Never Surrender as far as lyrical content and concept. He also like Rik Emmet better as a guitarist. It ended up being a good conversation on the two bands. We still talk alot about music.

Nice story, that's cool.