Betty Lynn has died

Fordgalaxy

You probably know her better as Thelma Lou, Barney's gal on Andy Griffith. She was 95 and actually lived in Mt Airy, NC and appeared on Matlock with Andy.

Also, since there isn't a thread I can find, Colin Powell died too. He was 84.

My first thought was that song by Supertramp :musicnote: Yeah, come along too, ding Betty Louoooo... :musicnote: but that's not who you are talking about.

I do now know Colin Powell is though. :)

I didn't know her name, but she was always so pleasant on the Andy Griffith show! I think I thought she would be a good big sister or something. :). How ironic that she actually lived in North Carolina. I hope it was a happy life for her. RIP, Betty Lynn. :rose:

RIP Colin Powell as well. He had some huge accomplishments, more credit to him since a film of him on the news today had him saying "I wanted to go to West Point- I couldn't get in." He owned up to being mislead on the WMD thing as well, not everyone would do that.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. On a regular, and daily viewer of "the Andy Griffith Show", I didn't watch it, and wasn't one, but sometimes, I did see it. Colin Powell, looked familiar, who served as the 65th United States secretary of state from 2001 to 2005. Both Betty, and Colin, will be missed, and remembered. My condolences, and sympathies to their families, and friends. R.I.P., Betty, and Colin. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1