NEW Mastodon. A couple tracks.

I don't really like the production on the new album, sounds messy and buzzy and hissy.

It took me some getting used to, but I find it suits the album's themes a lot better than something crystal clear would.

It's mostly the first two tracks, sometimes the guitars are a bit fuzzy but the drums seem to always be clear.

I kinda hear it throughout the album. Everything is a little, well, hushed and grim.

After listening the DT album just before it, it sounded a bit rough in comparison.

I notice Andy "Priest is a 5 Piece" Sneap mixed the DT album.

• Like 1

I don't really like the production on the new album, sounds messy and buzzy and hissy.

It took me some getting used to, but I find it suits the album's themes a lot better than something crystal clear would.

It's mostly the first two tracks, sometimes the guitars are a bit fuzzy but the drums seem to always be clear.

I kinda hear it throughout the album. Everything is a little, well, hushed and grim.

After listening the DT album just before it, it sounded a bit rough in comparison.

I notice Andy "Priest is a 5 Piece" Sneap mixed the DT album.

Andy Sneap is a 1000% guarantee your album will sound transcendent. Almost anything will sound rough played after a record he produced. And that is also the best sounding DT album in many years. Even DoT still seemed to pull a couple punches, especially on the vocal front.

• Like 1