Live Music - Some return to normality?

zepphead

Missed King Crimson, no thanks to morons at AXS and their effed up online ticket disordering system.

Looking at Joe Bonamassa at Hard Rock Live Hollywood in December, and Eric Johnson in March of 2022.

Ordered my ticket for Joe B today via TicketBastard. $185 with fees and other added bullshit, but I'm there.

I went to Radio City Saturday night to see Trey Anastasio Band.

5,000 people, you had to be vaccinated and I'd say 50% were wearing masks ( including me ).

I got tested today and it came back negative.

For now, as long as there are vaccine requirements for concerts, I'm in !

Seeing Dylan, Phish and Tool over the new few months. Roger Waters next summer.

I"M BACK

Edited by custom55

I'm back too. A nearly 2 year break between shows and it killed me.

Darius Rucker a couple of weeks ago (I'm not a big country guy but I like him and the wife begged me to go), America last Saturday night (in Reno) and The Doobie Bros at the nearby amphitheater 2 nights ago. Both America and The Doobs were celebrating their 50th anniversaries a year late due to Covid (been holding on to the tix for a year and a half). Doobies had Michael McDonald with them so we got both incarnations of the band which was pretty cool. His incarnation has definitely not my favorite but I do love Takin' It To The Streets.

Have tix for Drive-By Truckers in February, Steely Dan in May and Roger Waters in September.

Also waiting to see if I can swoop in and grab 2 tix to see Eagles in Seattle in early November if they drop prices at the last minute. No doubt other shows will happen as well.

As for "normality", I've never had to show proof of vaccination and wear a mask to get into a concert so not normal, no. However, it was and will remain totally worth it for live music.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1