Is there an easy way to record a SiriusXM show?

blueschica

The Spectrum channel is running a live Brandi Carlile concert this week, several times. My daughter and husband are huge fans and I would love to be able to record it somehow if there is a way. It looks like there are some online programs that may do what I want but since they are sketchy looking downloads I don't really want to use them unless I know that someone has had a good experience with them first. Thanks!

(I no longer have a little cassette recorder with the condenser mike. :lol: :lol: It was exciting to get those horrible recordings back in the day, though.)

ETA: Some postings are recommending Audio Hijack. Anyone have experience with that?

Edited by blueschica

The Spectrum channel is running a live Brandi Carlile concert this week, several times. My daughter and husband are huge fans and I would love to be able to record it somehow if there is a way. It looks like there are some online programs that may do what I want but since they are sketchy looking downloads I don't really want to use them unless I know that someone has had a good experience with them first. Thanks!

(I no longer have a little cassette recorder with the condenser mike. :lol: :lol: It was exciting to get those horrible recordings back in the day, though.)

ETA: Some postings are recommending Audio Hijack. Anyone have experience with that?

OK, I downloaded a free version of Audio Hijack and it is working! Success! It's putting the music right in iTunes. I just have to figure out if the free version will record the whole thing or if I have to buy it to record a one hour show.

Is it on demand or not? I listen to talk radio and some, if not all, are on demand like Fugelsang and can be downloaded for offline. Stephanie Miller in the morning isn't, though. Just noticed Brandi's an added DJ for the Guest DJ segment for Pearl Jam celebrating the 30th anniversary of Ten. Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Is it on demand or not? I listen to talk radio and some, if not all, are on demand like Fugelsang and can be downloaded for offline. Stephanie Miller in the morning isn't, though. Just noticed Brandi's an added DJ for the Guest DJ segment for Pearl Jam celebrating the 30th anniversary of Ten.

Ooh, thank you! I will look into whether it's on demand. The DJ did say listen anytime so maybe it is.

Is it on demand or not? I listen to talk radio and some, if not all, are on demand like Fugelsang and can be downloaded for offline. Stephanie Miller in the morning isn't, though. Just noticed Brandi's an added DJ for the Guest DJ segment for Pearl Jam celebrating the 30th anniversary of Ten.

Ooh, thank you! I will look into whether it's on demand. The DJ did say listen anytime so maybe it is.

Nancy Wilson did a segment as well for her fellow Seattle musicians.

• Like 1

Do you have a music editing program called Audacity? You can use it to record directly from the sound card on your PC -- or is it not on your computer but a radio? Anyway, I use Audacity for things like this. The downside is it records every sound your machine makes, so if you have an email chime or something, that'll be on there, too.
  • Like 1

Do you have a music editing program called Audacity? You can use it to record directly from the sound card on your PC -- or is it not on your computer but a radio? Anyway, I use Audacity for things like this. The downside is it records every sound your machine makes, so if you have an email chime or something, that'll be on there, too.

Thank you- great minds think alike! :lol: I love Audacity! I actually was able to use the free trial of Audio hijack to capture each song and then put them into iTunes but I used Audacity for some editing. Sirius has a way to play directly on the computer so I was just getting it from that. I actually didn't think of using Audacity to get the songs; I should have thought of that!

More work than I usually do but 2 other people in the house are nuts for Brandi Carlile and I like her some, so this way we all have a performance we are enjoying.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1