That One Meal...and THAT One Meal.

pjbear05

You know you've had it. The meal so uttterly perfect it will live in your mind-and stomach and taste buds-forever.

Yeah, you KNOW, you've had it. A dining experience so foul you can still taste it!

Discuss your singular meal memories, good-and bad. I'll kick it off:

Good: Baked quail w/wild rice and veggies for Karen, Bison sirloin and accompaniments for me, in the magnificent scenery of the Grand Tetons, in the dining room of the Jenny Lake Lodge, Grand Teton NP.

Bad: My 50th Birthday. Making the mistake of trying, at Karen's suggestion, one of the then new Longhorn Steakhouses. The steak tasted like it was tenderized in a witches brew of salt, pepper, and dilute chlorine bleach. After swallowing the first bite, I told Karen, "this don't taste right." After swallowing the second bite, I bolted for the men's room. Nothing explosive there, but didn't feel right for a day afterrwards. The restaurant offered to no charge us, but I refused, paid for our drinks, and left. Never back to a Longhorn since, some 20+ years ago.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

BEST: Fresh Halibut in Girdwood, AK. I spent 5 days helicopter snowboarding in AK and had Halibut the first night. I had the same meal the next four nights.

WORST: Too many to mention.

• Like 1