Under Appreciated Rock Star Of The Week!

Entre_Perpetuo

Here's a random video of how insane he is. One second you think you know where he's going, then he throws like 6 different ideas at you and you don't register that everything's changed for another couple seconds...by which time he's on to something else.

He is truly one of the greatest on the planet. I can't believe I didn't put him on my long list of guitar players on Lorraine's thread. HE RULES!

"VIVID" is also one of the greatest albums on the Earth.

• Like 1

Here's a random video of how insane he is. One second you think you know where he's going, then he throws like 6 different ideas at you and you don't register that everything's changed for another couple seconds...by which time he's on to something else.

He is truly one of the greatest on the planet. I can't believe I didn't put him on my long list of guitar players on Lorraine's thread. HE RULES!

I still need to listen to it. I did listen to (and love) Shade when it came out a couple years ago.

Bump. Earl, certainly you of all people have something to say about underrated guitarist Vernon Reid?

Hahahaha! Oh my son! I love you dude. I seriously just wrote my post before seeing this one! LOL!

Meant to be.

REID RULES!!!! I have one of his custom made guitars! Only 1986 made. EPIC!

• Like 1

I still need to listen to it. I did listen to (and love) Shade when it came out a couple years ago.

You have never heard "Vivid?" I grew up with that record. I still crank it every month. It's a masterpiece.

• Like 1

There are sooo many great albums to listen to, Earl! Sometimes I'm amazed at everything I don't know. I will check out Vivid tomorrow and post what I think! :)
  • Like 1

There are sooo many great albums to listen to, Earl! Sometimes I'm amazed at everything I don't know. I will check out Vivid tomorrow and post what I think! :)

You are a young me. Been chasing albums since I was in the 7th grade. Now I'm 51 and still discovering amazing music. My goal at a very young age was to own ever Japanese cd pressing of everything on the planet.

It's a nice dream yet I love my reality.

YES!

I can't wait to read your review.

I saw Living Colour on that tour. They blew my mind!!

Hey! "What's Your Favorite Colour baby?"

LIVING COLOUR! LOL!

• Like 1

You are a young me. Been chasing albums since I was in the 7th grade. Now I'm 51 and still discovering amazing music. My goal at a very young age was to own ever Japanese cd pressing of everything on the planet.

YES!

LIVING COLOUR! LOL!

I finally got around to it today, Earl! It was sick!!

It was pretty much what I expected sound wise, with tons of shredding, funky, dirty guitar and those sweet soulful vocals. The drummer certainly had a big impact on Chad Smith, and the bass was just going off the further it went on! It had that kind of twang I associate with PoW and HYF actually, but it was way funkier and heavier! People who try to say Prince belongs in the discussion for greatest guitarist of all time I don't think have ever listened to Living Colour. Prince is great, but Vernon Reid does everything Prince can do and more and a bit better (or at least faster, lol). Good lyrics, great songs. Thank you for making me listen to it!

YES!

LIVING COLOUR! LOL!

I finally got around to it today, Earl! It was sick!!

It was pretty much what I expected sound wise, with tons of shredding, funky, dirty guitar and those sweet soulful vocals. The drummer certainly had a big impact on Chad Smith, and the bass was just going off the further it went on! It had that kind of twang I associate with PoW and HYF actually, but it was way funkier and heavier! People who try to say Prince belongs in the discussion for greatest guitarist of all time I don't think have ever listened to Living Colour. Prince is great, but Vernon Reid does everything Prince can do and more and a bit better (or at least faster, lol). Good lyrics, great songs. Thank you for making me listen to it!

Holy funny vibe

Vernon is awesome

But prince despite being a glamour boy is superior imo.

Listen to more buckethead!!!

• Like 1