The Garden, my achilles heel

feliciasnh

The final blow was Time Stand Still. Such perfect placement and use of that song as the credits are rolling. Bonafide ugly cry. 10 tissues, at least, swollen eyes, the whole nine yards. Oyyyy I was glad that I was at least home alone at the time.

I couldn't agree more. I've only seen Time Stand Still twice: once in theaters and a second time at home on DVD. I haven't whipped it out again because I know my reaction will be the same as the first two.

• Like 1

feliciasnh, there's a Canadian progressive-rock band from the 70's and 80's called 'FM'. They opened for RUSH as well.

The band released a comeback album titled Transformation in 2015.

There's a song called 'Reboot Re-awaken' from the album that gets to the core of humanity as well that I'm sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=202&v=4i_OXJyL60o

Edited by RushFanForever

For me, it's "Bravado"... The lyrics are fantastic and carry such depth of meaning and emotion. However, I am even more grabbed by the music than I am by the lyrics. To me at least, the music is so poignant and expressive. I have teared up many times listening it. The Garden is my second favorite touching song by the band. And, yes, you are right it is a fitting and masterful closing to such a stellar career... :rush:
  • Like 3

When I first listened to the "Clockwork Angels" c.d., I have always thought "the Garden" is the best song from it, and the "Clockwork Angels" c.d. is really good. I like the "Clockwork Angels" c.d. a lot. At the time, I wasn't thinking it would've been Rush's last c.d., and "the Garden" their last song. They probably got to me a little bit because of that. I went to Rush's "Clockwork Angels Tour" concert in Vancouver, and I was fortunate to get "Middletown Dreams", and "the Pass" along with "the Garden", too. From "Power Windows", "Middletown Dreams", is one of my favorite songs, and from "Presto", "the Pass", is one of my favorite songs, too. For combinations, I like "the Pass", and from "Roll the Bones", "Bravado". I think another really good combination is from "Counterparts", "Nobody's Hero", and from "Test For Echo", "Half the World".
  • Like 1