2018-2019 College Slavery, err, Football Thread

pjbear05

The O/U is 58pts for tonight's game. The under seems like a good bet. Thoughts?

I think Alabama is going to stomp the living hell out of Clemson. I think Tugovailoa is the best qb I've ever seen.

Ergo, you should probably take the under and Clemson will probably play great defense and win! Lol

I was googling Alabama-Georgia, to look up their head to head stats, and this result came up:

"Is Alabama a part of Georgia?"

:facepalm:

From about partway up in North Carolina around to Louisiana or Arkansas, it's all pretty much the same.

Except for the Appalachian mountains, which are very beautiful, and the beaches, the south is nasty. There are some exceptions to that, but as a general rule, the lack of zoning, the litter, and, above all, raping our beautiful pine forests and turning them into ugly wastelands.

Generally speaking in all of the southern states, the area between the oceans and the foothills are the ugliest. The foothills and mountains are the prettiest.

Tyler Trent, the Purdue fan who inspired many in his battle with cancer, has passed away.

:rose:

This sucks. He was only 20. Counting my blessings right now. That kid is a perfect example why I love college football.

My prediction -- Bama 40, Clemson 24

Worst nightmare...a blowout with junk td's at the end to screw up the betting lines.

You're just not buying into Clemson's defense? I'll say the 1st half under is safe.

You're just not buying into Clemson's defense?

Nope.

South Carolina -- a rather mediocre team with a mediocre offense, put up 600 yards on that defense.

A lot of those yards came when the game was pretty much decided, but I do think the number of deep plays they allowed in that game is a concern.

You're just not buying into Clemson's defense?

Nope.

South Carolina -- a rather mediocre team with a mediocre offense, put up 600 yards on that defense.

A lot of those yards came when the game was pretty much decided, but I do think the number of deep plays they allowed in that game is a concern.

SC's quarterback already had over 300 yards passing at halftime. He threw for only 200 or so in the second half. ;)

Anyway, that game revealed some serious issues in the Clemson defense that Saban will be sure to exploit, and with a much better quarterback than SC's.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see Saban get yet another championship.

I kind of hope that Clemson surprises me and wins, and that is saying a lot from a Gamecock fan.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

Other than the pick 6 on the bad pass, Clemson's D showing no signs of being able to stop Bama's offense at all. 14-13 on the missed pat.

Clemson's offense went 3 and out on its first possession, TD on the second. Let's see what they do on their 3rd.

Am I the only one commenting on the game tonight?

Clemson went 3 and out again, Bama cruised down the field again but is experiencing difficulty in making those last few yards to the end zone. End of 1rst quarter. Clemson 14 Bama 13. Big 3rd and goal coming up for Bama to start the 2nd quarter. If Clemson can hold Bama to a field goal here, it will give hope to Clemson fans that their defense won't be just run out of the stadium.

But seriously, are both offenses so good they can just score at will?

It is looking that way. Clemson's offense looking damned good against Bama's D for the most part. They did have those two 3 and outs, but it happens.

The big difference in the game so far has been those two interceptions thrown by Tua.

It is looking that way. Clemson's offense looking damned good against Bama's D for the most part. They did have those two 3 and outs, but it happens.

The big difference in the game so far has been those two interceptions thrown by Tua.

Per the commentator, aka Captain Obvious, "14 points off two interceptions has a lot to do with the Clemson lead."

There's some D. Bama going to have to punt on 4th and 17. Clemson to get the ball back with over 2 minutes left in the half.

Can they make it a 3 score lead at halftime?

Yes, I think they can it would be a hell of a halftime shocker for Bama fans

Per the commentator, aka Captain Obvious, "14 points off two interceptions has a lot to do with the Clemson lead."

yeah, yeah, f**k you ;)

yeah, yeah, f**k you ;)

:LOL: