The drum throne thread

Jack Aubrey

For three years I have owned a bottom-of-the-line 30 dollar Tama throne. It's been a good one and I haven't had any problems with it, but recently I became interested in getting something a little more comfortable. I have been having some back problems (nothing serious, thank God) and the Tama has about as much padding as a kitchen sponge. So I went to the music store to see what they had. I tried a DW that I liked a lot and went back today intending to buy one. While I was looking around and told the salesman what I was doing, he suggested a Pork Pie throne. I tried it and fell in love with it. This may sound corny, but compared to what I had, it's like sitting on a cloud. The one I bought has a black velvet top with a sparkly silver side. It cost a bit more than the Tama, but it's worth it. So, what do you guys have?

I can sleep on my throne it's so comfortable!

http://www.mikekreidel.com/temp/images/5100.jpg

http://www.rocnsoc.com/o-rl.jpg

Roc-n-Soc in black with the backrest. Super comfy!

QUOTE (D-13 @ Oct 3 2005, 07:26 PM)
I have a sh*tty Network seat....and it leans to one side..and it wont stay up...the clamp just doesn't do the trick... sad.gif

I reckon if we have a whip round we could raise some money to buy you a new stool as your story has touched me as i too was in the same boat till Premier came to the rescue with stool i have pictured earlier.

My first stool was a Premier one with the solid tube and the 2 metal leg type bits at the back did my back now good at all.

Edited by Stickman

I remove the backrest when playing in the studio and put it on for longer gigs. I feel a bit restrained when it is on, but for long gigs of a couple hours or more it definitely helps the old man's back!

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Oct 10 2005, 05:16 PM)
I remove the backrest when playing in the studio and put it on for longer gigs. I feel a bit restrained when it is on, but for long gigs of a couple hours or more it definitely helps the old man's back!

I see. Well, what would you say for a 16 year old? laugh.gif

The backrest is only $40, so it is worth it in the long run to have it. It has definitely come in handy.