Smallville

Riv

Who likes this show? I just saw the second season on DVD and had to order the third to continue my fix. I have ordered a lot of shows on DVD lately - 'Lost' because I never saw it and heard it's great and 'Entourage' just because Pags always raves about it. I am addicted to telivision series' on DVD.

Anyways, his parents get kind of annoying with the constant wholesomeness. And what's with Lana throwing it in his face that he has secrets every freaking episode? That girl has amazing eyes, but my money's on Chloe for being better in the sack. laugh.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. It took awhile, but it's finally coming along well. I am a huge comic book nut and i write comics also. I was very skeptical at first, but i love how they are going along with the comic legend of Superman and yet creating an entirely new mythos. I don't think they can change too much. He will never stay with or probably even be with Lana. She was his first love, but it was never consumated. Lex must go evil. And not just a little bit evil, but a TON evil. The parents are the way they are because that is what shaped Superman. It's their upbringing that keeps the world safe. If he had a different set of parents, just think of how he might have turned out. He's the ultimate boyscout and they are the reason why. I'm looking forward to see if the catchline for this season pans out. Everything you waited for... WILL HAPPEN. So he should finally wear the suit and he and Lex will finally get into it. James Marsters will also appear this season as Brainiac, so that should be quite cool. And from what i'm guessing from the season finale... Kryptonian villians. I can only wonder WHO that could be??? Hmmmm... a certain General maybe??? Anyway... can't wait for Thursday night.

My favorite show and i'm glad to see that it's coming back after the crapiness of the fourth season. But the discovery of the Fortress of Solitude, the connection to the villians in the second movie, this season's gonna rock.

I watched it for two seasons, but it kind of lost me in the third season and now I feel a little out of it. ALso seems like it just about ready to jump the shark. Edited by Cyclops

Well, i was wrong about Clark and Lana doing it i guess. ohmy.gif

You have to take this show as on it's own merit and they proved that with this. I still love it though. I just hope that Aquaman isn't another lame kryptonite created mutant. They kinda did justice to Impulse (Flash in SMALLVILLE i guess), so they better do the same for Arthur.

Very NOT dissapointed. They did much justice to Aquaman. I was a bit scared, but they pulled it off fine. I loved the JLA remark. It was straight out of the comics when Arthur tries to convince Supes to join on a full time basis. LOVED IT. I can't wait till next week's Vampire episode. Just seeing the preview clip with Marsters telling Clark that there's no such thing as vampires made me almost piss my pants. The show is about the best on tv right now. Loving it lots. Hope he runs into a young Bruce Wayne eventually. THAT would be awesome.

I thought it was done really well.

At first I was a little bit leary with the whole surfer lingo but ended up liking the whole show.

What about Lois in that Bikini WOW!!

And judging by Batgirls drools Aquateen wasn't bad either LOL

Loved the JLA line

Who do you guys think will be Killed off this season it has to be either Chloe or Lana. They seem to be staying true to the basic story of Superman just updated

alittle so the Lana thing won't work out we know that.

I know it was a rumor during the first season that Bruce would stop by but that never came to anything it would be cool too.

Vampires I wonder if thats considered magic or not???

QUOTE (Batman @ Oct 21 2005, 05:25 AM)
I thought it was done really well.
At first I was a little bit leary with the whole surfer lingo but ended up liking the whole show.
What about Lois in that Bikini WOW!!
And judging by Batgirls drools Aquateen wasn't bad either LOL
Loved the JLA line

Who do you guys think will be Killed off this season it has to be either Chloe or Lana. They seem to be staying true to the basic story of Superman just updated
alittle so the Lana thing won't work out we know that.

I know it was a rumor during the first season that Bruce would stop by but that never came to anything it would be cool too.

Vampires I wonder if thats considered magic or not???

Yeah, i think Supes aversion to magic includes vampires. There was a JLA storyline about two years back that involved vampires and supes got turned, so i think the magic weakness includes vampirism in the DC universe. Also, the rumors about Bruce were killed when Warner Bros. supposedly couldn't decide on what avenue to go next with Batman. The character was tied up in creative limbo and they decided to go with the Birds of Prey thing to satisfy the Bat craving in some small way. Had Birds been done like Smallville, i think it may have succeeded much better than it did. As for LOIS... YESH!!! The bikini was quite nice. Now, let's see... who will die? Hmmm. The show has been a constant blend of Silver Age with Modern and a dash of all together new mythos added in. It's a neat mix and I think the reason for the success of the show. You just never know what they're going to go with. The catch line all year has been that EVERYTHING we've wanted to see, finally happens, so I'm bettting that means it will be Chloe. She doesn't exist in any Superman Mythos, so she's the most expendable. Also, they dropped her to after Lois in the credits, so that also kind of tells you her importance to the show, even though she's been featured prominantly lately. Golden or Silver Age, it would be one of his parents, but they're not going to do that IMO. It won't be Lana. I think that the death of Chloe may be what brings Clark and Lois together somewhat. We'll see.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 21 2005, 11:30 AM)
Very NOT dissapointed. They did much justice to Aquaman. I was a bit scared, but they pulled it off fine. I loved the JLA remark. It was straight out of the comics when Arthur tries to convince Supes to join on a full time basis. LOVED IT. I can't wait till next week's Vampire episode. Just seeing the preview clip with Marsters telling Clark that there's no such thing as vampires made me almost piss my pants. The show is about the best on tv right now. Loving it lots. Hope he runs into a young Bruce Wayne eventually. THAT would be awesome.

What was said? And how was Aquaman portrayed?

Just got done watching Smallville's vampire episode. Quite good i must say. I thought the explanation for vampires in was pretty cool, but i'm getting sick of the freakish occurances that the meteor rocks bring about. Though this one was done well. I thought all the Buffy references were hysterical. But the best parts of the episode were the non vampire storyline involving Brainiac and Luthor. I'm really curious to see where this will all flush out. I think Brainiac is from the future (ala Brainiac 5 of the Legion) and he's trying to get Superman into action before he had done it in the past to avert something horrible brought about by Lex that renders the future a wasteland. Yeah, it's very Terminatorish, but did you see the way Brainiac killed Luthor's henchman? That too was very Terminatorish. So we'll have to see on that i guess. I just know that Marsters is a great addition to the cast and i hope he sticks around for awhile.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 22 2005, 10:13 AM)
Very NOT dissapointed.  They did much justice to Aquaman.  I was a bit scared, but they pulled it off fine.  I loved the JLA remark.  It was straight out of the comics when Arthur tries to convince Supes to join on a full time basis.  LOVED IT.  I can't wait till next week's Vampire episode.  Just seeing the preview clip with Marsters telling Clark that there's no such thing as vampires made me almost piss my pants.  The show is about the best on tv right now.  Loving it lots.  Hope he runs into a young Bruce Wayne eventually.  THAT would be awesome.

At first Aquaman is portrayed as a college student from Miami that just happens to be able to swim very fast. We don't know in the beginning if he's a "meteor freak" or not. Then we find that he is also an eco-terrorist type that is trying to destroy LuthorCorp's new weapon that is killing fish everywhere. He finally alludes to Clark that the Ocean is his HOME and he says to him that Clark should join the Junior Lifeguard Association with him and help him out. Clark says "i don't think i'm ready for the JLA just yet", and that is right out of the JLA year one comics. Supes and Bats are not original members. Sorry it took so long to get back on this one. I forgot about it till tonight.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 28 2005, 10:55 AM)
Very NOT dissapointed.  They did much justice to Aquaman.  I was a bit scared, but they pulled it off fine.  I loved the JLA remark.  It was straight out of the comics when Arthur tries to convince Supes to join on a full time basis.  LOVED IT.  I can't wait till next week's Vampire episode.  Just seeing the preview clip with Marsters telling Clark that there's no such thing as vampires made me almost piss my pants.  The show is about the best on tv right now.  Loving it lots.  Hope he runs into a young Bruce Wayne eventually.  THAT would be awesome.

At first Aquaman is portrayed as a college student from Miami that just happens to be able to swim very fast. We don't know in the beginning if he's a "meteor freak" or not. Then we find that he is also an eco-terrorist type that is trying to destroy LuthorCorp's new weapon that is killing fish everywhere. He finally alludes to Clark that the Ocean is his HOME and he says to him that Clark should join the Junior Lifeguard Association with him and help him out. Clark says "i don't think i'm ready for the JLA just yet", and that is right out of the JLA year one comics. Supes and Bats are not original members. Sorry it took so long to get back on this one. I forgot about it till tonight.

Nice. I heard that The Flash was in an episode. How about any of the other original JLAers like Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern? Any other heroes make appearances?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 28 2005, 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 28 2005, 10:55 AM)

Nice. I heard that The Flash was in an episode. How about any of the other original JLAers like Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern? Any other heroes make appearances?

Not as of yet. And really it wasn't FLASH, it was Impulse. He had a few ID cards that had fake names on them and when Clark read them out loud they were Barry Allen, Wally West and Jay Garrick, but he was BART ALLEN, who is Impulse. Actually now i believe he's taken on the KID FLASH mantle. I believe Bart is Barry's grandchild from the future. He did make a remark about being from the future to Chloe in the episode of Smallville. But there's been no cosmic superheroes or martian detectives yet.

I do not watch much TV -- this I try never to miss Smallville

This is very entertaining show -- well written -- love the music they put to it -- always a nice arrangement of music smile.gif

Loved the Duke of Hazzard spin they did this past week -- John looks so much younger than Tom W -- the car was a nice touch

The DUKES spin was almost as good as LOIS in that skimpy bikini costume. I laughed my ass off when they did the classic shot of the car from underneath as it went sailing through the air. And when Wopat got in through the window... i was in tears. It was definitely a nice touch to an already excellent show. And you're right, John looks much better than Tom. But both of them look good enough to do their own remake of the Dukes of Hazzard methinks.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Oct 28 2005, 01:35 PM)
All I can say about Superman is Mighty Mouse could kick his ass anyday!

bumper.gif

But both of them look good enough to do their own remake of the Dukes of Hazzard methinks.

You never know -- it maybe in the works

I missed the one episode -- my friend told me someone has to die now when Clark got his powers back or something -- so whose it goning to be -- Lana or his Father? I vote Lana

Edited by freewill71

QUOTE (freewill71 @ Nov 8 2005, 03:55 AM)
But both of them look good enough to do their own remake of the Dukes of Hazzard methinks.

I missed the one episode -- my friend told me someone has to die now when Clark got his powers back or something -- so whose it goning to be -- Lana or his Father? I vote Lana

Lana should die. that's what she gets for not putting out.

QUOTE (Riv @ Nov 7 2005, 08:03 PM)
QUOTE (freewill71 @ Nov 8 2005, 03:55 AM)

Lana should die. that's what she gets for not putting out.

laugh.gif

She is just to whinny -- love the direction and banter with Lois they got going

Edited by freewill71