Does the music of band The Cure have appeal on you?

Texas King

Does the music of band The Cure have appeal on you?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Does the music of band The Cure have appeal on you?

In some weird way, I have to say "yes." Not one of my favorites, but I like a number of their songs.

When I started at College, I had been totally immersed in what is now referred to as "Classic Rock" "Metal: and or "Prog Rock"; Zeppelin, Yes, Rush, Krimson, Genesis, Boston, Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, et al. I soon befriended some people that were all about The Cure, New Order, Joy Division, The Smiths, REM - bands that were not even on my radar. They were not quite the pop-crap that my sister listened to, but some of the qualities were there - and I resisted it mightily! However, it was constantly being played and inevitable that some of this would seep into my subconscious and I found that I liked some of these tunes. Thus, I suppose they have some nostalgic appeal to me for my college years, even if they weren't "my thing" So, yeah, there is some appeal, but I wouldn't place them in my favorite, maybe even top 100 bands (I do listen to a lot of different things.)

I could stand to listen to more of The Cure. I have only heard several individual songs, and no complete albums

and I have enjoyed those several songs

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1