Tell Me What It Takes: Roll The Bones Versus...

Entre_Perpetuo

Go ahead...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. I DARE you

• Roll The Bones
    • Close To The Edge

The results of this poll sicken me

I agree!

Roll the Bones should be killing some crappy 70s YES album on a RUSH fanboard, but sadly this board tends to be an ALL THINGS 70s over almost anything else. I was a baby in the 70s so something released in that decade doesn't mean anything more to me than some 50s or 60s stuff would to many of you. This to me is like having some Buddy Holly album beating A Farewell to Kings and having everyone lose their minds because the Buddy Holly album isn't trouncing the RUSH album. There is a ton of great music in other decades and ALL of the BEST RUSH albums and songs come from later decades, including Roll The Bones, which is in my TOP 5 RUSH albums.

Actually, the results of the poll sickened tx_rush back when RTB was in the lead, so you actually disagree
  • Like 1

I agree!

Roll the Bones should be killing some crappy 70s YES album on a RUSH fanboard, but sadly this board tends to be an ALL THINGS 70s over almost anything else. I was a baby in the 70s so something released in that decade doesn't mean anything more to me than some 50s or 60s stuff would to many of you. This to me is like having some Buddy Holly album beating A Farewell to Kings and having everyone lose their minds because the Buddy Holly album isn't trouncing the RUSH album. There is a ton of great music in other decades and ALL of the BEST RUSH albums and songs come from later decades, including Roll The Bones, which is in my TOP 5 RUSH albums.

Actually, the results of the poll sickened tx_rush back when RTB was in the lead, so you actually disagree

I know. I'm not stupid. I was doing so for effect. To make my point even more strongly. People on THIS board should be more upset by RUSH losing a poll to some other band's album. The fact that they are upset for the oposite reason is what is truly sickening. Hence the cheekiness of my "I agree!" Nice to know the awesome RUSH album was in the lead before all the 70s gatekeepers crashed the party, though. I guess the RUSH fans voted early.

You know, it is one thing to have another band's album beat out a RUSH album on a poll on a RUSH fanboard, but it is utterly stupid to make RUSH fans feel like they are ridiculous people for liking a RUSH album more than some other band's random album. I'm okay with this Yes album winning the poll (although I strongly disagree and am seriously disappointed), but to be made fun of and called ridiculous for liking the RUSH album more on this board is absurd.

Edited by diatribein
  • Like 1

So apparently CTTE is no better than RTB than Pearl Jam's Ten...I wonder what would happen if I put an average Rush album up against this. Say, p/g?

So apparently CTTE is no better than RTB than Pearl Jam's Ten...I wonder what would happen if I put an average Rush album up against this. Say, p/g?

I'm guessing Grace Under Pressure would win 60%-70% to Yes' 30-40%.

Probably so.

I agree!

I know. I'm not stupid. I was doing so for effect. To make my point even more strongly. People on THIS board should be more upset by RUSH losing a poll to some other band's album. The fact that they are upset for the oposite reason is what is truly sickening. Hence the cheekiness of my "I agree!" Nice to know the awesome RUSH album was in the lead before all the 70s gatekeepers crashed the party, though. I guess the RUSH fans voted early.

You know, it is one thing to have another band's album beat out a RUSH album on a poll on a RUSH fanboard, but it is utterly stupid to make RUSH fans feel like they are ridiculous people for liking a RUSH album more than some other band's random album. I'm okay with this Yes album winning the poll (although I strongly disagree and am seriously disappointed), but to be made fun of and called ridiculous for liking the RUSH album more on this board is absurd.

The premise of this thread is that most Rush fans aren't big fans of RTB compared to the vast majority of Rush's catalogue, and that CTTE is one of the most beloved non-Rush albums by many, if not most, of the members of this board. So there we have an album most people here look down on in one regard, versus an album most people here look up on in another regard. It seemed logical to me to come off as if RTB just didn't stand a chance.

It appears as though I wasn't quite right there.

• Like 2

ok my ears tell me I voted correctly .. just finished listening to both .. Yes wins by a whale of a bunch IMO .. although RTB was nice music to vacuum to :)
  • Like 4