Tag Team Matchup part Deux: A Farewell to Kings & The Trees vs Tom Sawyer & Subdivisions

JohnnyBlaze

Classics Tag Team Matchup  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tag Team do you prefer?

• 70s: A Farewell to Kings & The Trees
    • 80s: Tom Sawyer & Subdivisions
  2. 2. Which is your most favorite of the four?

• A Farewell to Kings
    • The Trees
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Subdivisions

Hart Foundation and British Bulldogs would both be 80's.

80's for me. Subdivisions.

We need a 90's tag. My favorite...Harlem Heat!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/assets/uploads/2009/10/file_187759_1_harlem-heat.jpg

What about a 70's one?

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew.

9381750d2bfe92e41d0462733e01792a.jpg

They look like a couple of hostile, truck driving Ahmish :LOL:

(I only know the name.)

Wait a minute, weren't the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Ole & Arn Anderson?

(Edited to add: sheesh, I just noticed "Ole" on his chest. He looks a lot bigger from when i first saw him as one of the original 4 Horsemen)

The original Minnesota Wrecking Crew was Ole & Gene Anderson. And they were actually related to each other if I recall correctly. After Gene retired Ole continued to wrestle. If I remember correctly he teamed with Stan Hanson for while. Eventually Arn Anderson came on the scene. Only he was not really Arn Anderson and was not related to Ole & Gene. But he looked so much like Ole that it made a great story line for him to be called Arn Anderson and for them to say that they were related. So they started to team up and were also called The Minnesota Wrecking Crew to use the fame of the original tag team .

Then they teamed with Tully Blanchard & Rick Flair and the 4 Horsemen cam into existence. The rest is history.

The original Minnesota Wrecking Crew were one of the all time great tag teams. I remember a PWI article from the early 90's (around the time I stopped watching pro wrestling) that ranked them as the third best tag team of all time. Only The Crusher & The Bruiser (ranked at #2) and The Road Warriors ranked above them.

Anyway, back to the original question. My vote goes to Tom Sawyer & Subdivisions. Subdivisions is my 2nd favorite Rush song and Tome Sawyer is a top 10 Rush song for me. AFTK's & The Tree's are very good songs but they are no match for the 80's team.

Sort of like The Road Warriors vs. The Midnight Express. In a cage & Jim Cornette is band from ring side. Fun & entertaining but you know who will win. At least IMO.

• Like 1

Hart Foundation and British Bulldogs would both be 80's.

80's for me. Subdivisions.

We need a 90's tag. My favorite...Harlem Heat!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/assets/uploads/2009/10/file_187759_1_harlem-heat.jpg

What about a 70's one?

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew.

9381750d2bfe92e41d0462733e01792a.jpg

They look like a couple of hostile, truck driving Ahmish :LOL:

(I only know the name.)

Wait a minute, weren't the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Ole & Arn Anderson?

(Edited to add: sheesh, I just noticed "Ole" on his chest. He looks a lot bigger from when i first saw him as one of the original 4 Horsemen)

The original Minnesota Wrecking Crew was Ole & Gene Anderson. And they were actually related to each other if I recall correctly. After Gene retired Ole continued to wrestle. If I remember correctly he teamed with Stan Hanson for while. Eventually Arn Anderson came on the scene. Only he was not really Arn Anderson and was not related to Ole & Gene. But he looked so much like Ole that it made a great story line for him to be called Arn Anderson and for them to say that they were related. So they started to team up and were also called The Minnesota Wrecking Crew to use the fame of the original tag team .

Then they teamed with Tully Blanchard & Rick Flair and the 4 Horsemen cam into existence. The rest is history.

The original Minnesota Wrecking Crew were one of the all time great tag teams. I remember a PWI article from the early 90's (around the time I stopped watching pro wrestling) that ranked them as the third best tag team of all time. Only The Crusher & The Bruiser (ranked at #2) and The Road Warriors ranked above them.

Anyway, back to the original question. My vote goes to Tom Sawyer & Subdivisions. Subdivisions is my 2nd favorite Rush song and Tome Sawyer is a top 10 Rush song for me. AFTK's & The Tree's are very good songs but they are no match for the 80's team.

Sort of like The Road Warriors vs. The Midnight Express. In a cage & Jim Cornette is band from ring side. Fun & entertaining but you know who will win. At least IMO.

Superb post!

I came on to wrestling right before Ole & Arn (as the Minnesota Wrecking Crew) helped to form the Four Horseman. But I didn't know the other earlier stuff.

Road Warriors vs Midnight Express analogy is a good one :yes: