Summer of 2017 - Queen / Adam Lambert tours

custom55

I saw the show in Nashville also. Unreal good! I saw Queen with Freddie 4 times back in the day and I enjoyed this show just as much as those. Definitely will see them again if the opportunity comes up. I would love for Queen and Lambert to record some new music.
  • Like 3

I saw the show in Nashville also. Unreal good! I saw Queen with Freddie 4 times back in the day and I enjoyed this show just as much as those. Definitely will see them again if the opportunity comes up. I would love for Queen and Lambert to record some new music.

YES

The setlist is good (what else would it be), but the lack of any real deep cuts sucks. At least bust out one song that takes everyone by surprise instead of playing pretty much the same songs they play every time they tour.

Get Down, Make Love + Who Wants To Live Forever

Nope. Both are on live albums. So i can hear them live anytime I want to. How about Ogre Battle, Liar, Jesus, Need Your Lovin, White Man, and especially Prophets Song, etc.. Edited by Mithrandir

The setlist is good (what else would it be), but the lack of any real deep cuts sucks. At least bust out one song that takes everyone by surprise instead of playing pretty much the same songs they play every time they tour.

Nope. Both are on live albums. So i can hear them live anytime I want to. How about Ogre Battle, Liar, Jesus, Need Your Lovin, White Man, and especially Prophets Song, etc..

Ogre Battle and Liar are both on live albums that were recently released from the early seventies, if that's your definition of a deep cut. The other three would be wonderful (though I'm really not sure how feasible The Prophet's Song is live), but you have to remember Queen basically HAVE to play all of their hits, which takes up a giant potion of the set. It's like, "yeah we could play Liar pretty easily if we cut out Somebody To Love, but then a bunch of people would walk out upset they didn't hear Somebody To Love while a small few would walk out thrilled to hear Liar." I think it's not a big deal, especially with the two songs I mentioned in the set at all.

Nope. Both are on live albums. So i can hear them live anytime I want to. How about Ogre Battle, Liar, Jesus, Need Your Lovin, White Man, and especially Prophets Song, etc..

Ogre Battle and Liar are both on live albums that were recently released from the early seventies, if that's your definition of a deep cut. The other three would be wonderful (though I'm really not sure how feasible The Prophet's Song is live), but you have to remember Queen basically HAVE to play all of their hits, which takes up a giant potion of the set. It's like, "yeah we could play Liar pretty easily if we cut out Somebody To Love, but then a bunch of people would walk out upset they didn't hear Somebody To Love while a small few would walk out thrilled to hear Liar." I think it's not a big deal, especially with the two songs I mentioned in the set at all.

Agreed. Especially since Somebody To Love is one of Lambert's best songs. If they play something from the first album, I would rather hear Keep Yourself Alive. I think Lambert would kill that song. Prophet's Song would be awesome to hear. Another song suited for Lambert.

I say they should record an album of all new music then tour supporting that new music. Do a 2 set, 30 song "An Evening With Queen" show similar to Rush shows. Now that would be awesome.

• Like 1

So looking forward to Dublin, but I hope they bring back the 2 NOTW cuts they dropped earlier.

• Like 1

So looking forward to Dublin, but I hope they bring back the 2 NOTW cuts they dropped earlier.

I hope they do too, but even if they don't, do not underestimate the power of what's still there!

See this show.

JUST SEE THIS SHOW.

I died.

I've read thousands of reviews, but I think this might be my favourite.

:blush: :D

Agreed. Especially since Somebody To Love is one of Lambert's best songs. If they play something from the first album, I would rather hear Keep Yourself Alive. I think Lambert would kill that song. Prophet's Song would be awesome to hear. Another song suited for Lambert.

I say they should record an album of all new music then tour supporting that new music. Do a 2 set, 30 song "An Evening With Queen" show similar to Rush shows. Now that would be awesome.

Agreed on all counts. Thou art totally guilty of being spot on!