Songs which were played more/less than you would expect

Eel Yddeg

Surprised New World Man wasn't as much a staple as Subdivisions.

Surprised Driven wasn't part of every tour from T4E onward.

Yes, Driven should of been a signature song for sure.

Red Sector A. How many tours?

7 tours I believe. While I do like that song, I think a few tours could have done without in in favor of another GUP song that wasn't played much (Afterimage, Kid Gloves, Red Lenses, etc.)

• Like 1

I'm surprised Roll the Bones, Red Sector A, Far Cry, Force Ten, and maybe Bravado were played so frequently. I understand they are feature tracks from their respective albums, but still. Especially Far Cry. I am watching the Time Machine DVD as we speak, and Far Cry just came on. And, while I don't mind it, I can't believe how hard Rush has tried to make Far Cry happen. And as much I love Between the Wheels, I'm surprised it became a virtual staple.

Songs I'm surprised they didn't play more often: Fly By Night, Farewell to Kings, Cinderella Man, New World Man, Jacob's Ladder, Show Don't Tell. I'm also surprised that in all their tours since Vapor Trails--including three retrospective tours (R30, Time Machine, R40)--they didn't play the Fear Trilogy. I'm surprised Limelight was only an occasional rotation on Clockwork Angels and then not played on R40.

Overall, I would say Rush kept things very interesting for fans. A big part of why I love them.

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

Red Sector A. How many tours?

7 tours I believe. While I do like that song, I think a few tours could have done without in in favor of another GUP song that wasn't played much (Afterimage, Kid Gloves, Red Lenses, etc.)

If it's around 7, then I would say it's a bit overdone.

• Like 1

I'm surprised Roll the Bones, Red Sector A, Far Cry, Force Ten, and maybe Bravado were played so frequently. I understand they are feature tracks from their respective albums, but still. Especially Far Cry. I am watching the Time Machine DVD as we speak, and Far Cry just came on. And, while I don't mind it, I can't believe how hard Rush has tried to make Far Cry happen. And as much I love Between the Wheels, I'm surprised it became a virtual staple.

Songs I'm surprised they didn't play more often: Fly By Night, Farewell to Kings, Cinderella Man, New World Man, Jacob's Ladder, Show Don't Tell. I'm also surprised that in all their tours since Vapor Trails--including three retrospective tours (R30, Time Machine, R40)--they didn't play the Fear Trilogy. I'm surprised Limelight was only an occasional rotation on Clockwork Angels and then not played on R40.

Overall, I would say Rush kept things very interesting for fans. A big part of why I love them.

I think Far Cry is (was) looked at as a modern day concert staple...almost like Dreamline. For me it was a concert highlight. I'm biased toward it as I love the song.

Between The Wheels was a cult status deep cut that they just kept including. Surprised me also.

• Like 1

I think Far Cry is (was) looked at as a modern day concert staple...almost like Dreamline. For me it was a concert highlight. I'm biased toward it as I love the song.

Between The Wheels was a cult status deep cut that they just kept including. Surprised me also.

Agreed. I too like Far Cry. I really do. But at the very least, with the R40 tour, knowing it was probably going to be their last tour, come on, switch that out for something else. Same goes for Between the Wheels, which I not only like, but love--a top 20 Rush song for me. It was a real headscratcher at the R40 show I attended. Regardless of Neil's mixed signals, I went into that show believing it would be the last time I would ever see them live. So when they went into Between the Wheels I was very surprised.

• Like 1

I think some of the setlist choices are to please the audience, and some of the choices are to include songs they enjoy playing.

Don't forget, it's only partly about us!

• Like 1