treeduck

I read a review in a music magazine today and they are full of praise for this album.
  • Like 1

I read a review in a music magazine today and they are full of praise for this album.

What kinds of things did they say?

They said that the album is their best work in the last 30 years. The listener can instantly feel the fun and the relaxed atmosphere of the album. They compared the opening track with Perfect Strangers or Knocking At Your Back Door (in terms of the quality of the track). They also said that it's great to feel the joy of playing all around. Some of the songs will easily stand the test of time and they will stand exemplaric for the late stage of the band.

They're also full of praise for the production (Bob Ezrin). They call it an album with a guaranteed feelgood factor. Only low point is a cover version of Roadhouse Blues. They call it a dead loss.

Best track: The Surprising

7,5 out of 10

• Like 1

Yeah

Is it out already?

yeah...

I have it on now, I don't think it's going to be as good as Now What!? the first couple of tracks didn't really impress me but track three is good, All I Got is You.

Oh man...I bought it off Google Play just now, and my plan was to listen to at least half of it on the way to picking up my daughter in school, but got a faulty download!!!!

I fixed the download at last, and heard the first three tracks already. Sounds like a solid effort, the "logical" sequel to Now What!?, if that makes sense. And that cover is gorgeous!!! It´s too early to tell, of course I´ll need a few more listens to form a proper opinion.

I need to pick up a copy and give it a spin I think.
  • Like 3

I'm listening to this again now and it sounds a lot more impressive than my first listen. And the production is amazing, powerful and ballsy but no sign whatever of brick walling.

:haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

I'm listening to this again now and it sounds a lot more impressive than my first listen. And the production is amazing, powerful and ballsy but no sign whatever of brick walling.

I was not very impressed after the first listen, but a few songs (The Surprising, Birds Of Prey) stood out for me.

I was not very impressed after the first listen, but a few songs (The Surprising, Birds Of Prey) stood out for me.

That's how I was. This time it was better. I might go back to how I felt after the first listen next time though, who knows? :hail:

• Like 1