Question about Beyond the Lighted Stage

LeaveMyThingAlone

Every once in a while, I'll see clips that were not in the original release of BTLS. There has to be a ton of interview footage out there that was not included. Does anyone have access to that or was a different extended version ever released? Thanks for the help...

You mean the bonus footage on the DVD?

Im sure the guys at Rounder or whoever it was that shot the movie have all sorts of raw footage that never got used, but I doubt it's available anywhere unless you happen to personally know one of the filmmakers or crew members. The good stuff gets onto the outtake reel that goes on the home releases and any really juicy stuff is either buried forever, destroyed or leaked on YouTube or some other medium like "celebrities at their worst" (which I can't recommend highly enough). Happy hunting, though.
  • Like 1

Im sure the guys at Rounder or whoever it was that shot the movie have all sorts of raw footage that never got used, but I doubt it's available anywhere unless you happen to personally know one of the filmmakers or crew members. The good stuff gets onto the outtake reel that goes on the home releases and any really juicy stuff is either buried forever, destroyed or leaked on YouTube or some other medium like "celebrities at their worst" (which I can't recommend highly enough). Happy hunting, though.

When I spoke with Sam Dunn at a screening in New York after the DVD was released he seemed to indicate that there was more but wouldn't elaborate unfortunately.