The Worst - Round Eleven

Lorraine

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is(are) the worst song(s) on Hold Your Fire?

I just walked outside, looked up and down the road, and do not see any last minute voters.

So without further ado, I declare Tai Shan an official Rush loser of a song and make a motion to move on to an album that seems to generate a lot of controversy for some reason. :|

• Like 1

I just walked outside, looked up and down the road, and do not see any last minute voters.

So without further ado, I declare Tai Shan an official Rush loser of a song and make a motion to move on to an album that seems to generate a lot of controversy for some reason. :|

I did the same and only saw a few horses so unless we're in Chicago I think we can move on. Second your motion... :cheers:
  • Like 1

CNN has projected Tai Shan the Winner..er Loser

As long as wasn't MSNBC I guess we can go with it... ;) Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 1

As long as wasn't MSNBC I guess we can go with it... ;)

MSNBC is discussing Ferguson...What a shocker!!! :beathorse:

• Like 1

I can see Lorraine now busily preparing the next round. Gotta love her threads... :cheers: and thanks my friend for the endless entertainment
  • Like 2

As long as wasn't MSNBC I guess we can go with it... ;)

MSNBC is discussing Ferguson...What a shocker!!! :beathorse:

Good grief... :eyeroll: :|

HYF is a flawless, flawless, FLAWLESS album.

As great as Master Of Puppets, My Arms Your Hearse, Moving Pictures, In The Court Of The Crimson King or Powerslave.

I seriously regard this album, not as a rock album, not as a pop album, but as music...just pure bliss from start to finish.

Not a single blemish. Cannot vote.

Hold Your Fire in the same class as Court of the Crimson King??? Never in a zillion years.

Segue, go have a glass of wine and a cupcake.

Buddy...Hold Your Fire is one of my favourite albums in the world. My top prog Rush album is a tie between AFTK and CoS, my favourite rock is MP, but my favourite "pop" Rush is HYF, and I think its a high for the genre. A huge high for Rush, and the bands masterpiece as far as I am concerned.

Hold Your Fire in the same class as Court of the Crimson King??? Never in a zillion years.

Buddy...Hold Your Fire is one of my favourite albums in the world. My top prog Rush album is a tie between AFTK and CoS, my favourite rock is MP, but my favourite "pop" Rush is HYF, and I think its a high for the genre. A huge high for Rush, and the bands masterpiece as far as I am concerned.

:o Buddy?!! I'm a woman.

Have a glass of wine and a cupcake just the same. Also, get prepared for next Saturday. Mick and I will have a thread to help Narps along during his recovery and we need some good controversy to fill it. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

As great as Master Of Puppets, My Arms Your Hearse, Moving Pictures, In The Court Of The Crimson King or Powerslave.

I seriously regard this album, not as a rock album, not as a pop album, but as music...just pure bliss from start to finish.

Never thought I'd see HYF in the same breath as vintage Metallica or vintage Crimson. You know what you like, Mr Myles!

:o Buddy?!! I'm a woman.

Have a glass of wine and a cupcake just the same. Also, get prepared for next Saturday. Mick and I will have a thread to help Narps along during his recovery and we need some good controversy to fill it. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Oooh...you know I like to stir...woohoo!

I shall drink the wine and think of you haha.

Not the cupcake (pulled my jeans on today and I have the biggest butt..they almost burst).

Never thought I'd see HYF in the same breath as vintage Metallica or vintage Crimson. You know what you like, Mr Myles!

Its funny...I just don't seem to share the same taste in Rush as most massive fans.

Typical fan: I hope they play all of Hems and rip into some old school prog!

Me: I hope they do Tai Shan *squealsies*

I might be sick... :)

Have one of my home baked triple chocolate fudge brownie cheesecake muffins.

Absolutely sickening.

• Like 1

Its funny...I just don't seem to share the same taste in Rush as most massive fans.

Typical fan: I hope they play all of Hems and rip into some old school prog!

Me: I hope they do Tai Shan *squealsies*

If they play equally from 70s 80s and 90s this tour, I would enjoy that. I tend to write a little strongly about wanting more 70s tunes live, because that decade was largely ignored the last tour. And it's my fave!

And when they do play 70s songs lately, it always seems to be the same darn tune (if we get a LVS repeat this tour :))

Anyone thinking that they're monitoring these posts and just to piss us off, will play whatever we vote for that we HATE! :eh:

wat?

Anyone thinking that they're monitoring these posts and just to piss us off, will play whatever we vote for that we HATE! :eh:

I can just see them all huddled around an iPad and laughing evilly at all of the polls.

Edited by EagleMoon

I can just see them all huddled around an iPad and laughing evilly at all of the polls.

"Ok...just so we can annoy the old die hard fans....we're going to start with Tai Shan....then play the whole Presto Album....I think I'm Going Bald to close the first set... THEN I think we should play more from Hold Your Fire, and the stuff we never played from Roll the Bones because We didn't even like it enough to play live on it's tour! "

Last two tracks are horrible. What were they thinking? Other that I think this album is superb - the middle 6 tracks are awesome, I think Peart is at his lyrical zenith on this album.