Miami DOLPHINS official thread 2015-16 - Marino expects!

treeduck

Dolphins land Jordan Cameron

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 12, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdlndc4zdg0ntg4mzcwmwmzyzkzzwm5mwzhmduwmmm0-e1416592673521.jpeg?w=212

Jordan Cameron is joining the Dolphins.

Cameron has reached a deal with Miami, PFT’s Mike Florio confirmed Thursday night. Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports first reported the Dolphins had signed Cameron, who was one of the better free agents left on the market.

Earlier Thursday, multiple reports indicated Cameron had an agreement to go back to the Browns, with whom he had spent his first four NFL seasons.

In the end, though, the Dolphins closed the deal for Cameron, who caught 80 passes two seasons ago but was hampered by injuries in 2014, and he has suffered three concussions since December 2012.

The Dolphins’ deal with Cameron throws Charles Clay’s future in Miami into some doubt. The Dolphins used the transition tag on Clay, but it’s unlikely they would pay two tight ends major money.

UPDATE 9:23 p.m. ET: The Dolphins have announced the signing of Cameron. Furthermore, a source tells Florio that the Dolphins will keep the transition tag on Clay.

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdlndc4zdg0ntg4mzcwmwmzyzkzzwm5mwzhmduwmmm0-e1416592673521.jpeg?w=212

Cameron has reached a deal with Miami, PFT’s Mike Florio confirmed Thursday night. Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports first reported the Dolphins had signed Cameron, who was one of the better free agents left on the market.

Earlier Thursday, multiple reports indicated Cameron had an agreement to go back to the Browns, with whom he had spent his first four NFL seasons.

In the end, though, the Dolphins closed the deal for Cameron, who caught 80 passes two seasons ago but was hampered by injuries in 2014, and he has suffered three concussions since December 2012.

The Dolphins’ deal with Cameron throws Charles Clay’s future in Miami into some doubt. The Dolphins used the transition tag on Clay, but it’s unlikely they would pay two tight ends major money.

UPDATE 9:23 p.m. ET: The Dolphins have announced the signing of Cameron. Furthermore, a source tells Florio that the Dolphins will keep the transition tag on Clay.

Wow...I just saw that he had signed with Cleveland. The guy is a very good player but the history of concussions is a major concern.

Wow...I just saw that he had signed with Cleveland. The guy is a very good player but the history of concussions is a major concern.

Yeah one more big hit and it might be early retirement.

Yeah one more big hit and it might be early retirement.

Next up: Austin Collie.

Saints trade Kenny Stills to Miami for Dannell Ellerbe and a third

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptkxn2e4mtiwoddiytdiztq3yjcyyjawmzjhmti5yjhl-e1420560837504.jpeg?w=213

The Saints are apparently willing to trade everyone.

But in the strangest turn, they’re sending one of the young and cheap ones in exchange for a guy many thought was already cut.

A league source tells PFT that the Saints are dealing wide receiver Kenny Stills to the Dolphins, in exchange for linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick.

Ellerbe was reported to be cut by the Dolphins, but they never turned in the paperwork, so they could do such a deal.

The Saints have traded or cut high-earners, but Stills is interesting because he’s still working on a rookie deal which pays him just $585,000 this year and $675,000 next year.

Stills won’t turn 23 until next month, and gives the Dolphins a legitimate deep threat for their offense (16.5 yards per catch).

Ellerbe, on the other hand is 29 and expensive. He’s due $8.425 million, $6.45 million, and $6 million the next three seasons. It’s probably safe to assume there’s a restructuring in his future.

• Like 1

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptkxn2e4mtiwoddiytdiztq3yjcyyjawmzjhmti5yjhl-e1420560837504.jpeg?w=213

But in the strangest turn, they’re sending one of the young and cheap ones in exchange for a guy many thought was already cut.

A league source tells PFT that the Saints are dealing wide receiver Kenny Stills to the Dolphins, in exchange for linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick.

Ellerbe was reported to be cut by the Dolphins, but they never turned in the paperwork, so they could do such a deal.

The Saints have traded or cut high-earners, but Stills is interesting because he’s still working on a rookie deal which pays him just $585,000 this year and $675,000 next year.

Stills won’t turn 23 until next month, and gives the Dolphins a legitimate deep threat for their offense (16.5 yards per catch).

Ellerbe, on the other hand is 29 and expensive. He’s due $8.425 million, $6.45 million, and $6 million the next three seasons. It’s probably safe to assume there’s a restructuring in his future.

Probably better than Mike Wallace at 6% of the cost.

Great deal...really like this one.

Probably better than Mike Wallace at 6% of the cost.

Great deal...really like this one.

I like him he makes big plays but for the SAINTS we turned a 5th round draft choice into a 3rd and got a extra player for depth at linebacker as well.

Mike Wallace traded to Vikings

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq4ntljm2iynmzmodgxngm1zdu1odrknwiwytk1nji3-e1408039497467.jpeg?w=216

It didn’t take long for the Dolphins to go from likely to trade wide receiver Mike Wallace to the Vikings to trading Wallace to the Vikings.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Miami has shipped the wideout to Minnesota along with a seventh-round pick. The Vikings will send a fifth-round pick back to the Dolphins.

The move ends months of speculation about whether Wallace would return to the team for the 2015 season after two years in Miami that saw Wallace’s production fail to live up to the big contract that the Dolphins gave him in 2013. There were also frequent talk about Wallace being unhappy with his role, culminating in an argument with the team’s coaches that landed Wallace on the bench for much of the team’s final game in 2014.

Now he’ll get a chance to play in Norv Turner’s offense, which has been friendly toward deep passing throughout his long career in the NFL. Wallace will line up with Greg Jennings, Charles Johnson and tight end Kyle Rudolph to give Teddy Bridgewater a deeper group of targets than he had as a rookie. Should Adrian Peterson remain with the team, the Vikings Offense will look even better heading into next season.

Wallace has a base salary of $9.85 million in 2015 and is signed for two more years with salaries of $11.45 million each year. The Dolphins could use the savings toward a new deal for tight end Charles Clay or for other moves in what’s already been a very busy offseason in Miami.

Mike Wallace traded to Vikings

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq4ntljm2iynmzmodgxngm1zdu1odrknwiwytk1nji3-e1408039497467.jpeg?w=216

It didn’t take long for the Dolphins to go from likely to trade wide receiver Mike Wallace to the Vikings to trading Wallace to the Vikings.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Miami has shipped the wideout to Minnesota along with a seventh-round pick. The Vikings will send a fifth-round pick back to the Dolphins.

The move ends months of speculation about whether Wallace would return to the team for the 2015 season after two years in Miami that saw Wallace’s production fail to live up to the big contract that the Dolphins gave him in 2013. There were also frequent talk about Wallace being unhappy with his role, culminating in an argument with the team’s coaches that landed Wallace on the bench for much of the team’s final game in 2014.

Now he’ll get a chance to play in Norv Turner’s offense, which has been friendly toward deep passing throughout his long career in the NFL. Wallace will line up with Greg Jennings, Charles Johnson and tight end Kyle Rudolph to give Teddy Bridgewater a deeper group of targets than he had as a rookie. Should Adrian Peterson remain with the team, the Vikings Offense will look even better heading into next season.

Wallace has a base salary of $9.85 million in 2015 and is signed for two more years with salaries of $11.45 million each year. The Dolphins could use the savings toward a new deal for tight end Charles Clay or for other moves in what’s already been a very busy offseason in Miami.

I'm more upset about the 7th round pick being gone then Wallace. Another Ireland f***up.

• Like 1

Kenny Stills: I don’t think I was brought to Miami to replace Mike Wallace

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwqzymu3mda2ywi0nde4nmiyn2yxnzc4njq0mge0ntk1-e1426447476877.jpeg?w=234

The Dolphins made two moves at wide receiver on Friday when they traded Mike Wallace to the Vikings for a fifth-round pick and acquired Kenny Stills in a deal with the Saints that cost them linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick.

It doesn’t take much to connect the dots and say that Miami is looking for Stills to replace the production that Wallace brought to the lineup, which included 10 touchdowns last season, as well as provide the deep threat that the Dolphins thought they were getting when they signed Wallace before the 2013 season. Stills doesn’t think of the reasons for his arrival in Miami that way, however.

“I don’t think I was brought in to replace anybody,” Stills said, via the Miami Herald. “I’m just here to do whatever I can to help the team win. Mike’s a great player. I’ve looked up to the things he’s done. I’m just here to help the team win any way that I can.”

Stills has been an effective deep threat in two NFL seasons and there’s plenty of room to be more than that with his 23rd birthday still a month away. The Dolphins are betting that he will while playing a leading role in a revamped receiving corps that will be crucial to their hopes in 2015.

Kenny Stills: I don’t think I was brought to Miami to replace Mike Wallace

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwqzymu3mda2ywi0nde4nmiyn2yxnzc4njq0mge0ntk1-e1426447476877.jpeg?w=234

The Dolphins made two moves at wide receiver on Friday when they traded Mike Wallace to the Vikings for a fifth-round pick and acquired Kenny Stills in a deal with the Saints that cost them linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and a third-round pick.

It doesn’t take much to connect the dots and say that Miami is looking for Stills to replace the production that Wallace brought to the lineup, which included 10 touchdowns last season, as well as provide the deep threat that the Dolphins thought they were getting when they signed Wallace before the 2013 season. Stills doesn’t think of the reasons for his arrival in Miami that way, however.

“I don’t think I was brought in to replace anybody,” Stills said, via the Miami Herald. “I’m just here to do whatever I can to help the team win. Mike’s a great player. I’ve looked up to the things he’s done. I’m just here to help the team win any way that I can.”

Stills has been an effective deep threat in two NFL seasons and there’s plenty of room to be more than that with his 23rd birthday still a month away. The Dolphins are betting that he will while playing a leading role in a revamped receiving corps that will be crucial to their hopes in 2015.

Stills is going to be disappointed when he finds out how poor a deep ball Tannehill throws. Hope he's more than just a deep threat.

J.D. Walton spent last season working his way back after his once-promising career was put on hold for almost two years. Now, the offensive lineman is ready to take his next step with the Miami Dolphins.

Walton signed a one-year contract with the Dolphins on Thursday, joining his new team after spending one season with the New York Giants.

Walton started all 16 games for the Giants, quite an accomplishment considering it was his first NFL action since September 2012 when he sustained an ankle injury.

“Last year, I knocked off rust at the beginning of the season and really felt like I started to get myself back to where I had left off,” Walton said. “The whole goal is to keep on progressing as a player and really just help and push these guys wherever they need to be pushed. And hopefully I can contribute a lot.”

One thing is clear, Walton brings to the Dolphins a pretty solid resume.

As a senior at Baylor University, Walton was one of the finalists for the Rimington Trophy, given to the best center in college football. The winner, it should be mentioned, was Florida’s Maurkice Pouncey.

In the 2010 draft, Walton was the second center selected when the Denver Broncos took him in the third round (80th overall). The first center taken that draft? Maurkice Pouncey.

Now, Walton is set to join the other Pouncey twin, Mike.

Mike Pouncey played guard for the Dolphins last season, but the expectation is that he’ll return to center in 2015, which would mean that Walton either will serve as the backup center or he’ll be given a chance to compete for a starting job at guard, a position he has never played.

“I’m coming to compete,” Walton said. “Wherever they want to try me at, put me in, it doesn’t really matter. I’m coming to push and try to make this offense better. I come with the mind-set of being ready to play guard, being ready to play center, just being ready to help out this team any way I can.

“The only thing I’ve ever played is center, but I’m not a one-position guy in my mind, I guess. I mean, I’ll be ready to play wherever they want to try me at.”

Walton started all 16 gams his first two seasons with Denver before the ankle injury in the fourth game of the 2012 season. Walton began the 2013 season on the physically unable to perform list before being activated in November and waived a month later.

The Washington Redskins claimed him off waivers, but he never played for them, signing with the Giants as an unrestricted free agent the following March.

That ultimately led him to Miami.

“Hopefully, I’m back ready to go again and help compete, and help this Dolphins team out,” Walton said. “We’re going to do some good things this year.

“I’m just going to line up, bust my butt, work out. I’m going to help contribute wherever I can along that offensive line. That’s what I’m here to do. I’m here to play football and get in where I fit in.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Walton-Ready-To-Take-Next-Step-With-Dolphins/9cedbf89-92ad-4c66-a067-8496e658bb8d?campaign=social_20150322_42489366&adbid=10152838529939611&adbpl=fb&adbpr=87132269610

Report: Dolphins were runner-up for Jimmy Graham

Posted by Nick Mensio on March 24, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT

zz0wodyxzdy5njg5mjhlzgiznti2mdkxztfjnjkymmy3za.jpeg?w=250

The Jimmy Graham trade from the Saints to the Seahawks shook the NFL world on opening day of the new league year. Apparently, the Seahawks weren’t the only team the Saints talked to about Graham.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Dolphins “finished second” to Seattle as the runner-up in the Graham derby and were “aggressive” in trying to upgrade the tight end spot.

Being that the Saints were looking for line help, there’s a chance talks with the Dolphins revolved around contract-year center Mike Pouncey and Miami’s No. 14 overall pick in the upcoming draft. It would have been a steep price to pay, but both Graham and the Dolphins likely would have really enjoyed each other. Graham played football and basketball at the University of Miami, and new football czar Mike Tannenbaum was dead-set on overhauling Ryan Tannehill’s weaponry. Graham would have provided that needed intermediate and red-zone presence for Tannehill.

In the end, the Saints took the Seahawks’ deal of center Max Unger and the No. 31 overall pick in April’s draft. The Dolphins then replaced Charles Clay, whom Miami never really seemed too inclined to retain after slapping him with the transition tag, with former basketball-playing tight end Jordan Cameron on a two-year, $15 million contract.

Edited by treeduck

I think it was a waste of money to give Philbon a one year contract extension. The Dolphins don't win he will get fired.

The Jimmy Graham trade from the Saints to the Seahawks shook the NFL world on opening day of the new league year. Apparently, the Seahawks weren’t the only team the Saints talked to about Graham.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Dolphins “finished second” to Seattle as the runner-up in the Graham derby and were “aggressive” in trying to upgrade the tight end spot.

Being that the Saints were looking for line help, there’s a chance talks with the Dolphins revolved around contract-year center Mike Pouncey and Miami’s No. 14 overall pick in the upcoming draft. It would have been a steep price to pay, but both Graham and the Dolphins likely would have really enjoyed each other. Graham played football and basketball at the University of Miami, and new football czar Mike Tannenbaum was dead-set on overhauling Ryan Tannehill’s weaponry. Graham would have provided that needed intermediate and red-zone presence for Tannehill.

In the end, the Saints took the Seahawks’ deal of center Max Unger and the No. 31 overall pick in April’s draft. The Dolphins then replaced Charles Clay, whom Miami never really seemed too inclined to retain after slapping him with the transition tag, with former basketball-playing tight end Jordan Cameron on a two-year, $15 million contract.

Thank God you guys turned us down. I know Pouncey's a jerk and you never know when he's going to get suspended, and I don't how the contract stuff is right now, but Pouncey and the 14 is much better than Unger and the 31, at least IMO.

Thank God you guys turned us down. I know Pouncey's a jerk and you never know when he's going to get suspended, and I don't how the contract stuff is right now, but Pouncey and the 14 is much better than Unger and the 31, at least IMO.

And the 14th pick is a lot better than the 31st!

If you have the right GM it is!

I wouldn't know what that's like though.

Well we have your guy Ireland in New Orleans now so think yourself lucky!

He, like both of us, is a Double Agent.

He's the one I'm gonna blame if the Jimmy Graham trade goes wrong! And all the other trades and cuts!

He's the one I'm gonna blame if the Jimmy Graham trade goes wrong! And all the other trades and cuts!

Blame the one that hired him. It's not like he didn't have a track record...

I think Ireland is pals with Loomis and Payton.

Ireland is the diseased branch of the Parcells tree. What Ray Handley is to the Parcells coaching tree, Ireland is to the Parcells front office tree.

Ireland is the diseased branch of the Parcells tree. What Ray Handley is to the Parcells coaching tree, Ireland is to the Parcells front office tree.

Do you think Philbin will still be there this time next year? Do you want him there?