2015 - 05/28 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Yeah, no shit on the lack of a good meetup site... Who builds a Coliseum in the middle of an industrial park? I've been looking around Google Maps and I dont see anywhere. Maybe near the hotels and a cab in is the way to go. Whats the surrounding neighborhood like? Can you walk back to the hotel areas after the show?

I also saw the area on Google Earth and it looked very desolate. But if you search nearby hotels using the colliseum as the base, you get several hotels within one mile.

Our hotel is 1.3 miles from the venue. I am going to check and see if they offer a shuttle service to the colliseum.

If not we are taking a cab most likley.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay folks. Concert not to far off. Looks like we might have a sellout. Supposed to be 90% sold out.

If anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

I will buy you a beer.

We will be easy to spot. A balding/bald man with a woman thats way out of his league, both wearing cheap ass R-40 tee shirts!......lol

We will be there. Sec 108, Row A. Stop by and say hi!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Coliseum.

Is the Show within walking distance?

Please be extra careful on I-85 in SC. THERE have been some really bad wrecks, lately, some involving fatalities. It's a VERY congested stretch of highway that hasn't been widened.

We are row 20, seats 3&4. Geddy side, near center isle.

We are staying at the Sheraton. 1.3 miles away. My wife asked about walking, but it seems taking a cab might be a better idea. Unless they have shuttle service for the collisium. We shall see once we arrive.

Hotel has 3 restaurant bars on site.

Less than two weeks to go. Row 14 Geddy side ..... Excitement so thick .....

Sure does not seem like there is much within walking distance of the Venue, I typically like to arrive early, park and then walk to a bar-grill restaurant. There is a BBQ joint across the street but no bar.

With the lack of meet up spots its look like most of us will be tailgating ?

I just purchased my two tickets. 5th row, Geddy's side. These are platinum tickets. The deal is this, I had to buy two, not just one, so if someone wants a good seat next to me, I can sell the second ticket to you. Give it some thought! The price for each is $275.00. One is mine, yours is the other.

I just purchased my two tickets. 5th row, Geddy's side. These are platinum tickets. The deal is this, I had to buy two, not just one, so if someone wants a good seat next to me, I can sell the second ticket to you. Give it some thought! The price for each is $275.00. One is mine, yours is the other.

Don't I wish... :lol: Going to Atlanta and can barely do that. Enjoy my friend... :cheers:

Awesome!

Sure does not seem like there is much within walking distance of the Venue, I typically like to arrive early, park and then walk to a bar-grill restaurant. There is a BBQ joint across the street but no bar.

chasesigi, Theres plenty of places to meet up. There are restaurants and bars all over the area. How will we know who is from here and who is not? No tatoo for me please.

BTW we will be 6 rows right behind you! Sure hope my wife can see the show!

C-Tree, How were you able to score such good seats for $275? We bought ours at the beginning and we are on 20th row Geddy side for about the same amount of money. Did these seats just show up?

Is the place full yet? I might consider an upgrade if this is a sellout.

chasesigi, Theres plenty of places to meet up. There are restaurants and bars all over the area. How will we know who is from here and who is not? No tatoo for me please.

BTW we will be 6 rows right behind you! Sure hope my wife can see the show!

C-Tree, How were you able to score such good seats for $275? We bought ours at the beginning and we are on 20th row Geddy side for about the same amount of money. Did these seats just show up?

Is the place full yet? I might consider an upgrade if this is a sellout.

Make sure you read that carefully. One ticket is $275.00. I just went on ticketmaster via Rush.com and saw an option for platinum seats. There were 6 available at the time. In order for me to get those I had to get two tickets instead of one. I don't know why they do that.

Not sure how long those seats were available at that price. But if you are interested let me know. The first person who wants that ticket is going to get it.

As far as meetups with Rush fans, a bunch of us are meeting at Natty Greene's. Apparently there are two of these. One is a bar/restaurant and the other is a brew house. The bar restaurant on Elm Street is the one people are meeting up at. Unfortunately, it's not within a short walking distance, so plan accordingly.

Looks like the ticket prices don't include parking, even at the VIP level.

That's why you build a coliseum in an Industrial AREA.

Typically what will parking prices be?

Website said $5 to $20. I'm guessing $20.

Thanks. Are you doing anything before the show?

I'm not sure. With my luck, I'll be lucky to make it. On a side note: I've never stayed at a B&B before, so we booked one in High Point.

Why are you going to eat and/or have a few drinks somewhere b4 the show?

I'm not sure. With my luck, I'll be lucky to make it. On a side note: I've never stayed at a B&B before, so we booked one in High Point.

Why are you going to eat and/or have a few drinks somewhere b4 the show?

I really want to. I'd like to meet fellow TRF peeps and just hang in general.

Maybe we can all meet at a close hotel and carpool over to the stadium? Everyone can give a few dollars to park. I have an suv. I can get 6 people in it. I have 3 already, myself, hubby and a friend from work. But I can take 3 more people. Haven't been to greensboro in a while but if someone is staying at a hotel we can all meet there then carpool over. We will be in greensboro about 4-4:30 pm. Driving from charlotte.

As far as meetups with Rush fans, a bunch of us are meeting at Natty Greene's. Apparently there are two of these. One is a bar/restaurant and the other is a brew house. The bar restaurant on Elm Street is the one people are meeting up at. Unfortunately, it's not within a short walking distance, so plan accordingly.

So, lets make this the "official" meet up?

I am discussing this with another member and we hade no idea anything had been planned?

Very glad to hear this is where the meet up will be.

Are we meeting before or after the show? Or both?

Got our tickets ordered, should be here soon, cannot wait! I think Natty Greene's might be the place to be from what I have heard. But guys, there is a nightclub or bar just up the street called "Limelight"! I am wondering if Cabs would be reliable or cheaper than trying to park for $20 bucks. What do you all think?

Archived