2015 - 05/28 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Got our tickets ordered, should be here soon, cannot wait! I think Natty Greene's might be the place to be from what I have heard. But guys, there is a nightclub or bar just up the street called "Limelight"! I am wondering if Cabs would be reliable or cheaper than trying to park for $20 bucks. What do you all think?

That sounds like the right place "Limelight"!

But C-Tree said they already have several people already going to Natty's.

Our hotel is 1.3 miles away. So its a cab or shuttle from the hotel. No parking fees for us. When Rush was here in Greenville a few years ago, the parking was free. Its always free at that venue.

Not much time left. Gotta pick something.

I'm writing down everything including your seating so I can look up some of you in case this "meet up" turns into shit.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the ticket prices don't include parking, even at the VIP level.

That's why you build a coliseum in an Industrial AREA.

Typically what will parking prices be?

Website said $5 to $20. I'm guessing $20.

Thanks. Are you doing anything before the show?

I'm not sure. With my luck, I'll be lucky to make it. On a side note: I've never stayed at a B&B before, so we booked one in High Point.

Why are you going to eat and/or have a few drinks somewhere b4 the show?

I'm in somewhat agreement about eating and drinking first. Seems it would be much more fun after the show.

Besides, who eats that early?.......lol. I do, just kidding.

Getting excited...carpooling to concert is a great idea. I'm all about the meet up. I'm also all about being having a plan. Close is good. What's considered a good time to meet?

Has it always been before the show in the past? We are traveling in. So there will be limited time to get there, get checked in, then get to the meet up before the show?

Thats a lot to do before 7:30 pm.

Tombstone, bring plenty of pictures of Goatnut to share with the crowd.

Anybody interested in Goatnut, TN just go to the Morel Master thread in RS...Video is way cooler than pics.

Thanks Lorraine.

As far as meetups with Rush fans, a bunch of us are meeting at Natty Greene's. Apparently there are two of these. One is a bar/restaurant and the other is a brew house. The bar restaurant on Elm Street is the one people are meeting up at. Unfortunately, it's not within a short walking distance, so plan accordingly.

So, lets make this the "official" meet up?

I am discussing this with another member and we hade no idea anything had been planned?

Very glad to hear this is where the meet up will be.

Are we meeting before or after the show? Or both?

We're meeting up before the show. When the show is over, I'm headed home and back to work the next day. :(

Getting excited...carpooling to concert is a great idea. I'm all about the meet up. I'm also all about being having a plan. Close is good. What's considered a good time to meet?

Has it always been before the show in the past? We are traveling in. So there will be limited time to get there, get checked in, then get to the meet up before the show?

Thats a lot to do before 7:30 pm.

I'm debating on staying after the show. I don't have a room yet, and I hate spending up to $150 for just me for a couple hours of rest.

However, I do have a minivan! I'm not too proud!

Truth is though, I want to get to know you all, and meet you guys and gals in person. I'm really excited

I want to meet y'all, too, but I can't commit to meeting up in a bar without solid assurances that my wife won't drink. I got removed from a show in Myrtle Beach, a few years ago due to my wife blacking out and getting kicked out. I'm still kissed off about it, because I did nothing wrong and it cost me a lot of $.

I want to meet y'all, too, but I can't commit to meeting up in a bar without solid assurances that my wife won't drink. I got removed from a show in Myrtle Beach, a few years ago due to my wife blacking out and getting kicked out. I'm still kissed off about it, because I did nothing wrong and it cost me a lot of $.

That is no reflection on you. Let's do it brotha!

Anyone going to Greensboro from Atlanta that could handle an additional passenger?

The address for Natty Greene's is

345 S. Elm Street, Greensboro, NC 27401

What time?

What time?

I'm hoping to arrive sometime around 3:00 or 4:00. I know that a lot of fans are meeting there but there is no official time that I'm aware of. If you are on Facebook, there is a Greensboro page. Try this link: https://www.facebook...37158496535732/

edit: From Facebook Melissa Williamson:

Ok Rats, Rushians and Rushanistas...Natty Greene's is on HIGH ALERT for the invasion on May 28th! I will be arriving there at about 3:30p Please head up stairs, as that is where we will be gathering. The staff will know to direct folks up that way an I am going to head to the 2nd floor to claim that space for us, as the downstairs is fairly narrow and does not have a lot of group seating. I will have a sign posted for anyone else that may not see this note, to head up to the party... So again - Natty Greenes, 345 South Elm Street Greensboro, NC 27401, phn - (336) 274-1373.

This is an all ages establishment, with BETTER beer and great food! so some join us to get geared up for eating, drinking and being very merry, for the evening's festivities: good friends and the best band in the Galaxy!!! If you need to reach me for any reason - 516.236.5132. i will have that phone with me while up in Greensboro! Cheers , thanks for all your interest and see yall in SEVEN days!!! RushON/RushOUT ...Cheers

What time?

I'm hoping to arrive sometime around 3:00 or 4:00. I know that a lot of fans are meeting there but there is no official time that I'm aware of. If you are on Facebook, there is a Greensboro page. Try this link: https://www.facebook...37158496535732/

Ok Rats, Rushians and Rushanistas...Natty Greene's is on HIGH ALERT for the invasion on May 28th! I will be arriving there at about 3:30p Please head up stairs, as that is where we will be gathering. The staff will know to direct folks up that way an I am going to head to the 2nd floor to claim that space for us, as the downstairs is fairly narrow and does not have a lot of group seating. I will have a sign posted for anyone else that may not see this note, to head up to the party... So again - Natty Greenes, 345 South Elm Street Greensboro, NC 27401, phn - (336) 274-1373.

This is an all ages establishment, with BETTER beer and great food! so some join us to get geared up for eating, drinking and being very merry, for the evening's festivities: good friends and the best band in the Galaxy!!! If you need to reach me for any reason - 516.236.5132. i will have that phone with me while up in Greensboro! Cheers , thanks for all your interest and see yall in SEVEN days!!! RushON/RushOUT ...Cheers

Do they serve Liquor?

Will they play Rush upstairs for us?

Do they mind if we park and take a cab to the venue then come back? If so how late are they open?

Excitement so thick .......

What time?

Sweet. Glad we've got this etched in stone. Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Progress. I'm there!

I've never been here, but she said they had a pre Rush concert gathering before and the place was very accommodating and nice to everybody.

Sounds like this is coming together. Since we are all going to Natty's, I see no reason why we could not share cabs or rides with other members to keep safe!

I look forward to meeting all of you. Cheers!

Yeah, the one thing I don't like is that it's not closer to the coliseum. Ultimately, I'll have to drive my car to the parking area for the show which could take time finding a decent spot.

I went to college in Greensboro - and my parents grew up there (live Cary/Apex now). Greensboro is no different than any other city - there are bad areas just like other places. Coliseum is nice area. Several restaurants clse by - my personal favorite is Stamey's BBQ - right across the street. It is fantastic (they used to let us get wood for our own pig pickin's back in college). Their homeade cobler is THE BEST! I'm going there for dinner beforehand. Leaving my office in Raleigh about 3;30.

One of my favorite hangouts back in the day was JP Looney's - which was at corner of Spring Garden and Holden Rd (about 1-2 miles from the Coliseum) - but I haven't ben there in years, or if it's still called that. Hamms is also good - can' remember where that is though.

Coliseum is near the mall - so plenty of places (mostly chain restaurants if I remember correctly). Any G'boro locals here?

Last show in Raleigh a local Bar and Grill roped off an area outside for us Rush Fans and they even had RUSH playing in the sound system.

Nattys is not close but not much is close .......

I know there is a Natty's in downtown G'boro (also one in downtown Raleilgh for those in the Triangle area). The place in Raleigh you were talking about was probably Backyard Bistro - across from the PNC Arena.

G'boro coliseium has been there for as long as I can remember. That areas was built up around it, and it was to conicide with the home office of the ACC (this is the hotbed for college hoops). Which is why the ACC BasketballTournament is most often held here.

And now it's pretty easy access to and from highway.

If coming from East (140/1-85) - cops like to hang out around Mebane - Burlington (milemarker 152 - about 141) on I-85. Stay within 10 miles over and you should be fine.

Archived