R40 DVD VERSION REVIEW.

Virtualbob64

I couldn't find another thread so here it goes.I purchased the DVD version so I would have the option of watching them on my pc with headphones(which I prefer)Also,I got mine from the official website so I could get the R40 Completist Disc.

I must say the package is stellar.There's an essay by Martin Popoff followed by a collection of excellent photos from each tour.I won't waste time on the obvious content.The bonus disc is nearly worth the entire purchase.I really enjoyed the footage from 74.Even then the guys were great players showing genius in the making.I was also surprised at what a solid drummer John was RIP.The Molson footage from 97 is excellent as well video,and audio wise.I loved the songs from TFE.But,then again I like TFE,I could give a shit what other fans think.For those who wish to know the completist disc for the DVD version contains the rest of R30 not included on the previous DVD,Anthem 75,and three more songs from Molson 97 including; Animate,Resist,and Natural Science.I am really satisfied with the purchase as I have been watching it every free moment I've had since I got it.I'm officially in total Rush mode again.Forgive me.

• Like 1

Dammit I want my box set now!!! Why does it take so long to get stuff from Rush website just because you live in europe!?

I live in the US and they haven't even processed my order yet.

Edited by LedRush

There are at least some advantages to being middle class poor I see..... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 1

I live in Canada, where the band is frickin' from, and the completist thing isn't even available at BestBuys here. I had to order it from the States. I haven't got mine yet, either, Zumbi. I share your pain.

Well, it's not really pain exactly. I really need to keep things in perspective.

And with that door left wide open, I return to work . . .

• Like 1

Dammit I want my box set now!!! Why does it take so long to get stuff from Rush website just because you live in europe!?

I live in the US and they haven't even processed my order yet.

I got mine 3 days after the release.I live in Georgia.

Other than 2112 complete I also forgit to mention Mr Pearts solo on the Molson footage.Probably the best I've ever heard!Awesome!Before that I think the solo from Live From The Palace was my favorite for those of you who have sen it.Check em out if possible.

I've bought the regular DVD version - it was absolutely brilliant. Moreover, I was very pleasantly surprised that it contained a leaflet with a link to download a digital copy of Completist. It's r40bonus.com. Unfortunately not everything works properly, but still you can download almost all of the songs - excluding Anthem, because clicking it just downloads the Molson songs. It's not a big deal, because I believe it's the same performance that was included in Rush in Rio easter egg. Also the link to La Villa Strangiato/By-tor and the Snow Dog was pasted twice for some reason. You can still download it though. Just click R30_07-08_Villa-Bytor_HD.mov.