Geddy Lee: Rush Undecided on 2015 Tour

antiquark

I know this is very selfish of me to say, but this really gets me mad. My whole damn life I've come in at the tail end of everything. Apparently this will include Rush too. For all of you who have sat through three hour Rush concerts in the past, count your blessings. I think those days are over.

I don't begrudge Rush their retirement. They have worked very, very hard for many decades. But. Still...... :(

I'm jealous of those who got to see them before the first time I saw them on the GUP tour. Luckily I've seen them on every tour except Counterparts some 49 times now. Hmmmm something special would be nice for my 50th, such as seeing them outside this country. A foreign speaking country like France, say have they ever toured in France?

I know this is very selfish of me to say, but this really gets me mad. My whole damn life I've come in at the tail end of everything. Apparently this will include Rush too. For all of you who have sat through three hour Rush concerts in the past, count your blessings. I think those days are over.

I don't begrudge Rush their retirement. They have worked very, very hard for many decades. But. Still...... :(

I'm jealous of those who got to see them before the first time I saw them on the GUP tour. Luckily I've seen them on every tour except Counterparts some 49 times now. Hmmmm something special would be nice for my 50th, such as seeing them outside this country. A foreign speaking country like France, say have they ever toured in France?

I think they played in Paris on the Roll The Bones Tour.

• Like 1

Rumor has it….. that Alex told a fan at a very recent charity event, that there WILL be a tour in 2015. I can only confirm this in terms of hearsay, but as of right now I'm officially saving up my money for a VIP ticket (or two).

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy: :haz: :7up:

Rumor has it….. that Alex told a fan at a very recent charity event, that there WILL be a tour in 2015. I can only confirm this in terms of hearsay, but as of right now I'm officially saving up my money for a VIP ticket (or two).

It's not really a rumor, Alex did say something about them meeting with their manager..etc and discussing it, but it didn't sound like it was definite. I agree he's not the best source of reliable info. :D

• Like 1

It's not really a rumor, Alex did say something about them meeting with their manager..etc and discussing it, but it didn't sound like it was definite. I agree he's not the best source of reliable info. :D

No…. this is something different. I am hearing from an acquaintance who was at the event, that a friend of hers who also was at the event, claims that Alex told him directly that they are touring in 2015 (not "maybe" or "we're talking"). I'm still of the mindset that I need to see it on Rush.com before I can be sure, but I'm much more optimistic now than i have been up to this point.

No…. this is something different. I am hearing from an acquaintance who was at the event, that a friend of hers who also was at the event, claims that Alex told him directly that they are touring in 2015 (not "maybe" or "we're talking"). I'm still of the mindset that I need to see it on Rush.com before I can be sure, but I'm much more optimistic now than i have been up to this point.

So it's still not a rumor then, if your friend heard it directly. Of course him saying it and it being true are two different things. :LOL:

• Like 1

This seems to be a confirmation that there will, in fact, be a tour in the (near?) future. From RIAB:

According to reports, one of the auction items [at the TJ Martell World Tour of Wine Dinner & Auction that Alex attended] donated by Rush was a pair of VIP tickets and a meet-n-greet to a future Rush concert. So this would seem to indicate that - despite the lack of any official announcement - the band does plan to tour at some point in the near future.

• Like 2

This seems to be a confirmation that there will, in fact, be a tour in the (near?) future. From RIAB:

According to reports, one of the auction items [at the TJ Martell World Tour of Wine Dinner & Auction that Alex attended] donated by Rush was a pair of VIP tickets and a meet-n-greet to a future Rush concert. So this would seem to indicate that - despite the lack of any official announcement - the band does plan to tour at some point in the near future.

I can't find that on RIAB, but I just saw a Facebook post saying the same thing! Apparently it went for $14,000. I'm getting more and more excited by the minute!!!

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd499/FLY_IGGLES_FLY/goldenchild.jpg

THERE'S A TOUR, MONTY!!!

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

I can't find that on RIAB, but I just saw a Facebook post saying the same thing! Apparently it went for $14,000. I'm getting more and more excited by the minute!!!

Click on the link I posted, and it's about halfway down, the the paragraph that begins "The 11th annual TJ Martell World Tour of Wine Dinner & Auction ..."

• Like 1

Click on the link I posted, and it's about halfway down, the the paragraph that begins "The 11th annual TJ Martell World Tour of Wine Dinner & Auction..."

Ah yes… I didn't scroll down far enough. I didn't expect it to be down that far. I'm also surprised RIAB didn't make a bigger deal out of this, as it pretty much guarantees that Rush will be touring.

This 40th annirversary tour can't wait any longer. I am confident that it will materialize in spring 2015.

You tell 'em, RUDT!

He doesn't make sense to celebrate a 40th anniversary 2 years later, it's pure logic... But we can run a petition and send it to the Mr. Daniels to put pressure on our boys...

This 40th annirversary tour can't wait any longer. I am confident that it will materialize in spring 2015.

You tell 'em, RUDT!

He doesn't make sense to celebrate a 40th anniversary 2 years later, it's pure logic... But we can run a petition and send it to the Mr. Daniels to put pressure on our boys...

No need. There is no doubt that Ray is already putting pressure on them to tour. After all, Rush makes him big money when they tour. :)

I'm of the belief it's already been decided. I can't imagine they would let Alex sell a meet and greet for a future show for $14,000 (to charity of course) if it wasn't.

I think it's been decided too and they're probably waiting to actually get some dates scheduled before they say anything.

• Like 1

I'm of the belief it's already been decided. I can't imagine they would let Alex sell a meet and greet for a future show for $14,000 (to charity of course) if it wasn't.

Never trust Alex. Haha

• Like 1