26 members have voted

1. 1. Choose ze album!

• And Then There Were Three
    • Duke
    • Abacab
    • Genesis (1983)
    • Invisible Touch
    • We Can't Dance

Man, all those great albums. But, I went with ABACAB.

Every song on it is aewsome.

"Keep it Dark", "Man on the Corner", "Me and Sarah Jane" - some powerful beautiful music there.

I'd have to Duke is up there with ABACAB and also Invisible Touch.

• Like 3

Ah Genesis,the band that launched a thousand arguments!Gabriel or Collins?Which era do you prefer?etc.Me,i don't care!Have always been up there as my favourite band (Followed by Rush ,then Camel)ever since I saw them live in 82 on the Abacab tour here in U.K.when they performed they're signature tune,SUPPER'S READY,on its tenth anniversary.Still my favourite concert!

Duke is my favourite Banks-Collins-Rutherford album.Favourite tracks:Duchess,Cul-de-sac,Heathaze(my favourite trio song of all time),Dukes Travels/End.

• Like 2

Duke. Love that record. But Abacab is no slouch.

Actually while i'm at it

And Then There Were Three does nothing for me no matter how hard i try.

I like the first side of Genesis

Good tunes on IT.......But the Production is shit.......the only tune where the production works for me is on Domino

WCD.....................yea the band is dead to me. lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Was Hackett still in the band during Three Sides Live? If not, then that would be my favorite.

I believe if Steve Hackett had remained in G then there preceding albums wouldn't have become so pop orientated!Steve left during the mixing of Seconds Out,and has made some terrific solo albums since.

• Like 2

Calling All Stations certainly won't be here!

Ironically enough, my only Genesis live experience was with the Siltskin dude, whatshisname. I know, I know, but it was that or nothing. At least I've seen Genesis live!

You didn't say if the concert was any good?

• Like 1

Self-Titled "Shapes" album for me.

Unlike a lot of people...I'm a huge fan of the Collins-era personally.

'Mama' and my personal favourite Genesis song 'Home By The Sea/Second Home' are two of my all-time favourite songs, and then you couple them in with the extremely underrated 'Just a Job To Do'...this album is simply solid throughout, and one I go back to often.

There is a lot to like in this era, if you ask me, but 'Shapes' takes the cake as far as strongest overall album.

• Like 2

Calling All Stations certainly won't be here!

Ironically enough, my only Genesis live experience was with the Siltskin dude, whatshisname. I know, I know, but it was that or nothing. At least I've seen Genesis live!

You didn't say if the concert was any good?

Average at best. I don't remember much of it so it did not struck me, I remember the excitement before the show, and that they played only the intro to "Dancing with the Moonlight night", not the whole song. Bummer. At that time I was ok with Calling All Stations, and my musician friends who were with me would buy everything Rutherford would record, even his bathroom flush. So it was a good night, but the concert... not many memories!

• Like 2

Self-Titled "Shapes" album for me.

Unlike a lot of people...I'm a huge fan of the Collins-era personally.

'Mama' and my personal favourite Genesis song 'Home By The Sea/Second Home' are two of my all-time favourite songs, and then you couple them in with the extremely underrated 'Just a Job To Do'...this album is simply solid throughout, and one I go back to often.

There is a lot to like in this era, if you ask me, but 'Shapes' takes the cake as far as strongest overall album.

Me too.......could never really get behind gabriel fronted Genesis.......some good tunes. But overly heavy handed. Gabriel solo rocks though. My fave Genesis album is A Trick of the tail......the first Collins fronted album. Brilliant. and the guy was a beast on drums.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Abacab should've beaten Duke ;)

I just think Abacab lacked that killer track,which Duke has.Abacab,the song ,is brilliant,as is Dodo/Lurker.Another Record isn't!Apparently when they were recording the album,Gwanted to make this a double album and make a suite of the following tracks:Dodo/Lurker-Naminanu-Submarine. Now if that would have happened,and they added b-side single You Might Recall,then what an album it would have been!!!

• Like 1

For me, Hackett is really the main factor. I like all the albums from Trespass (I know, no Hackett) until his departure, while afterwards I really only like Duke. ATTW3 had potential... but came out horribly. And Abacab onwards is just too pop for me (Yes, Duke is primarily pop but it has just a sliver of the old spark.). And of course there was the Ray Wilson disaster ;)
  • Like 2

Just so you know......even though it will probably never happen. I'd love to see a Genesis Reunion. Gabriel, Hackett, Collins, Banks and Rutherford. I may not have been the biggest Gabriel era fan.......but i still would love to see him back. Of course Collins really can't play. so......poo

Mick

• Like 2

I realized something with me. For me Gabriel was so-so in the band......Brilliant solo. Collins was amazing in the band......but dire solo. It's like they went opposite ways for me, lol

Mick

Actually Mick you so right!Face Value is PC only good album.Whereas PG solo has produced some brilliant records.PG1(car),PG2(scratch)and PG3(melt),as well as So are all superb albums.

• Like 4

Actually Gabriel fourth solo album is great too. I enjoy pop but Collins just went overboard.......the sugar mountain is too much, lol

He started out so promising with Face Value........what da hell happened?!!!! lol

Mick

• Like 1