Is anyone else completely sick of hearing about Johnny Manziel?

laughedatbytime

NFL coverage  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you completely sick of hearing about Johnny Manziel?

• yes
    • No

Update on an athlete many people, including me, slagged in the past.  Probably a cautionary tale to assume too much when you don't know the full story.

Legendary Texas A&M quarterback and former Cleveland #Browns first round selection Johnny Manziel says he attempted suicide in the months after the Cleveland #Browns cut him in 2016 but THANKFULLY the gun malfunctioned when he pulled the trigger. Manziel says that he was later given a bipolar disorder diagnosis. “The wires in my head seemed to be very twisted” The former Heisman award winner said that after declining to enter rehab twice, that he started to self-destruct, going on a “$5 million bender” before attempting suicide. “I had planned to do everything I wanted to do at that point in my life, spend as much money as I possibly could, and then my plan was to take my life,” he said. “Things seemed like an excuse and an out for me since I wanted things to make sense as badly as humanly possible.”

I don't feel bad about slagging the media's obsession with him, though.

Edited by laughedatbytime

27 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

I don't feel bad about slagging the media's obsession with him, though.

The sports media should always be slammed for its obsessive coverage of certain pro/college athletes.  

The Len Bias story comes to mind.  The media had promoted and celebrated him so much that when he was dying from heart failure (thanks to cocaine), his friend called 911 and repeatedly announced that LEN BIAS needed help.  The 911 operator didn't care about the name, of course.  The operator wanted relevant information.   

• Like 1