How much longer can Ged hold on?

I'm not into the solo stuff. Just haven't been exposed to it yet. Listened to all of Thunder Seven last night. Then went through Never Surrender, Rock and Roll Machine. A varied and productive career.

Dude,

His solo stuff kicks a**!! :dweez:

• Like 1

If the band were of the opinion that Geddy couldn't endure another tour (let alone two or three), then I don't think they would continue to do what they do. And whatever they do next, they ought to be able to do without a chorus of people wondering if they can still hack it.

It's amazing...they make new music and tour consistently, almost without stopping, for 10-11 years, and then they take a break for one year, and all this starts up. It's inevitable with some people, I suppose. "What if Geddy can't do it anymore?", "What if Neil crashes his bike?"...Neil is a big boy, and he can take care of himself. And in 2013, I went to my first Rush show since the Counterparts tour, and Geddy sounded flippin' great.

So there.

Thank you! I too think Geddy sounds just fine. I don't understand really. Did you all think he would be twenty-five forever?

• Like 2

Keep going on till dawn

How many times must another line be drawn

We could be down and gone

But we hold on

Neil should go back to pedaling instead of throttling. He was in such good shape back then. Routinely did 100 mile bicycle rides. That's about 8 hours or more on the bicycle for those of you keeping score:)

Sorry to be blasphemous yet again, but he was a cocaine user at the time. So was Jane Fonda when she did her workout videos.

I'm amazed at how much personal knowledge some of you seem to have about people you have never known personally. It defies logic, really.

There are plenty of bands I would like to see open up for RUSH mainly:

Triumph & Zebra both three piece bands and semi-progressive. Other than that maybe Fates Warning or Saga but honestly, I'd prefer an Evening with RUSH every time. They just have way to many songs and if Geddy isn't comfortable singing some stuff, they could always supplement their setlists with instrumentals or Instrumedleys of older stuff. The R30 Instrumedley was great. This could be great as well:

Just curious, but why would you want any band to open for Rush, rather than seeing both bands on their own?

I would love to but when was the last time you saw Triumph or Zebra.....On their own?

Triumph would be great. They have some magic power

Triumph Set:

Allied Forces

Magic Power

Never Surrender

Mid Summer's Day Dream/

A World of Fantasy

Tears in the Rain

Embrujo/ All The Kings Horses

Carry on The Flame

Moving On

Lay it on the Line

Hold On

Follow Your Heart

Fight the Good Fight

Never Say Goodbye

Then :rush: for 2-1/2 hours!

All I'd wanna hear from Triumph:

Lay It On The Line

Magic Power

I Live For The Weekend

Never Surrender

When The Lights Go Down

Fight The Good Fight

Nothing else please...

Seriously?

They have a sh** load of tunes that are just as good as those.

Hold On is a glorious tune. As is Just A Game.

What about "Rocky Mountain Way?"...... :|

They do it much justice but lets face it, that's a Joe Walsh song. Always has been, always will!

• Like 4

Should be "Sir" Rik. Dude is off the hook. He could shred all day if he wanted, but he's a talented songwriter with great feel.

I'm trying to go through the catalog and find songs that are awful. Getting hard to find any. I find the optimism of their lyrics appeals to me.

I could listen to Rik play guitar all day long. If he's gonna sing he should keep it down a couple notches...

I did find a nice little acoustic album "Then Again" where he plays and sings acoustic versions of Triumph stuff. Does a fine job.

Do you guy's have any of his solo stuff?

It's amazing!! :haz: :7up:

Speaking of Which: This is all the solo stuff you need to know to discover Rik's genius!

"Stand and Deliver"

• Like 2

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Neil should go back to pedaling instead of throttling. He was in such good shape back then. Routinely did 100 mile bicycle rides. That's about 8 hours or more on the bicycle for those of you keeping score:)

Sorry to be blasphemous yet again, but he was a cocaine user at the time. So was Jane Fonda when she did her workout videos.

I'm amazed at how much personal knowledge some of you seem to have about people you have never known personally. It defies logic, really.

What would defy logic more is if Neil were lying about it in his writing and Jane Fonda were lying about it in interviews. Also, I didn't say they were bad people because of it. I'm just sorry that you're too naive to accept that human perfection is a myth.

• Like 3

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

What would defy logic more is if Neil were lying about it in his writing and Jane Fonda were lying about it in interviews. Also, I didn't say they were bad people because of it. I'm just sorry that you're too naive to accept that human perfection is a myth.

Booyah!..... :)

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Where has Neil written about using cocaine to aid in his cycling?(or using cocaine at all?) It might help with short fast cycling, but it would probably be a hindrance to endurance cycling. What years do you claim he was on cocaine. If anything probably the 70's and he didn't start cycling seriously til the mid 80's.

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Where has Neil written about using cocaine to aid in his cycling?(or using cocaine at all?) It might help with short fast cycling, but it would probably be a hindrance to endurance cycling. What years do you claim he was on cocaine. If anything probably the 70's and he didn't start cycling seriously til the mid 80's.

I didn't say that he used it exclusively to aid his cycling. And I as for his words, here they are:

"Certainly this is a dangerous time for me, and if I were to fall into a dark bitterness, a bottle of whiskey, or a bag of white powder, who would blame me?" —Ghost Rider

Now, try and tell me that Neil's so-called superpowers were due to a purely innate awesomeness. Sorry to be capable of critical thinking, but maybe the fact that Neil himself thinks that the people who regard him as God are ridiculous really does have some merit. It's not that I hate Neil, because I don't. I respect him as an artist, but that's it. What bugs me is the fact that a group of people claiming to be too intelligent for religion is clearly showing the same irrational level of worship for a f***ing rock band.

• Like 2

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

I didn't say that he used it exclusively to aid his cycling. And I as for his words, here they are:

"Certainly this is a dangerous time for me, and if I were to fall into a dark bitterness, a bottle of whiskey, or a bag of white powder, who would blame me?" —Ghost Rider

Now, try and tell me that Neil's so-called superpowers were due to a purely innate awesomeness. Sorry to be capable of critical thinking, but maybe the fact that Neil himself thinks that the people who regard him as God are ridiculous really does have some merit. It's not that I hate Neil, because I don't. I respect him as an artist, but that's it. What bugs me is the fact that a group of people claiming to be too intelligent for religion is clearly showing the same irrational level of worship for a f***ing rock band.

He's not admitting that he was using cocaine. He was stating it as an example because of the way he was feeling emotionally at the time.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 4

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

He's not admitting that he was using cocaine. He was stating it as an example because of the way he was feeling emotionally at the time.

So of all of the examples to go along with whiskey, which we know he has consumed for a long time, you're saying that he just picked the other example at random? Okay then, I guess we won't need to consider the symptoms of cocaine use either:

What's so great about being high on coke? Cocaine users often describe the euphoric feeling as:

• an increasing sense of energy and alertness
  • an extremely elevated mood
  • a feeling of supremacy

On the other hand, some people describe other feelings tagging along with the high:

• irritability
  • paranoia
  • restlessness
  • anxiety

Signs of using cocaine include:

• dilated pupils
  • high levels of energy and activity
  • excited, exuberant speech

SOURCE: http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/cocaine-use-and-its-effects

So yeah, if a local law enforcement officer in this town sees these symptoms from a low-income black guy, he could be put away for crack use if he tests positive. But then I guess I've seen too much in life, which makes me crazier than the morons who camp outside the band members' houses. Go figure.

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Exactly. He's just saying that IF he were to do that, who would blame him.

• Like 3

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

So of all of the examples to go along with whiskey, which we know he has consumed for a long time, you're saying that he just picked the other example at random? Okay then, I guess we won't need to consider the symptoms of cocaine use either:

What's so great about being high on coke? Cocaine users often describe the euphoric feeling as:

• a feeling of supremacy

On the other hand, some people describe other feelings tagging along with the high:

• irritability
  • paranoia
  • restlessness
  • anxiety

• dilated pupils

SOURCE: http://www.webmd.com...and-its-effects

So yeah, if a local law enforcement officer in this town sees these symptoms from a low-income black guy, he could be put away for crack use if he tests positive. But then I guess I've seen too much in life, which makes me crazier than the morons who camp outside the band members' houses. Go figure.

Dude,

Your desperate. BTW, who cares if he had used it in the past. Let's say he did. Obviously he knew his limitations and moved on. As far as the whiskey goes. Who gives rat's a**!!

• Like 1

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

• a feeling of supremacy

• irritability
  • paranoia
  • restlessness
  • anxiety

• dilated pupils

Dude,

Your desperate. BTW, who cares if he had used it in the past. Let's say he did. Obviously he knew his limitations and moved on. As far as the whiskey goes. Who gives rat's a**!!

I don't, actually. This silly argument started over how he managed to ride a bicycle for eight hours straight and was exacerbated from there. If you want to know what really gets to me, however, it's the idea of human superiority and the pursuit of it. And for what? What does a person whose tireless effort does little more than polish his or her image really accomplish in the long run? If you want to know what "desperate" truly is, you can start with those whose narcissism drive them to think that it's "worth it" to destroy themselves.

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

• a feeling of supremacy

• irritability
  • paranoia
  • restlessness
  • anxiety

• dilated pupils

Dude,

I don't, actually. This silly argument started over how he managed to ride a bicycle for eight hours straight and was exacerbated from there. If you want to know what really gets to me, however, it's the idea of human superiority and the pursuit of it. And for what? What does a person whose tireless effort does little more than polish his or her image really accomplish in the long run? If you want to know what "desperate" truly is, you can start with those whose narcissism drive them to think that it's "worth it" to destroy themselves.

What ever,

It should have never been brought up in the first place. It's nobody's business. Especially if you have never met them. Personally, I have used cocaine and harder sh** than that. It was never an addiction thing. Just at times. But quit back in the 80's. I never really liked it but it was just some thing that was available being around certain friends. Love my beer though! :hail:

• Like 1

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

• a feeling of supremacy

• irritability
  • paranoia
  • restlessness
  • anxiety

• dilated pupils

Dude,

What ever,

It should have never been brought up in the first place. It's nobody's business. Especially if you have never met them. Personally, I have used cocaine and harder sh** than that. It was never an addiction thing. Just at times. But quit back in the 80's. I never really liked it but it was just some thing that was available being around certain friends. Love my beer though! :hail:

Well shit, why didn't you just tell me that instead of using the "wacko" icon? This whole fight could have been avoided. :P

• Like 1

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

• a feeling of supremacy

• irritability
  • paranoia
  • restlessness
  • anxiety

• dilated pupils

Dude,

What ever,

Well shit, why didn't you just tell me that instead of using the "wacko" icon? This whole fight could have been avoided. :P

Well,

You did bring up the drug issue. Carry on. :hail:

• Like 1

I might have read it on the forums that were discussing the Sammy Hagar bio that never made it into circulation. Chapters from it were released, especially the one about Ray Danniels and his management of Van Halen in the late nineties. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Almost forgot my Rush dream from the other night. I will put it here.

I had a dream I was at what was supposed to be a Rush concert. Many of you were there with me also. Anyway, we were anxiously awaiting them to appear on stage when all of a sudden word began to go around that the dates had gotten confused, and this wasn't a Rush concert. Sure enough. All of a sudden a band came on stage. And guess who it was? (Some of you are going to heartily dislike this!) The Police!!!! :rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

• Like 3

I had a dream I was at what was supposed to be a Rush concert. Many of you were there with me also. Anyway, we were anxiously awaiting them to appear on stage when all of a sudden word began to go around that the dates had gotten confused, and this wasn't a Rush concert. Sure enough. All of a sudden a band came on stage. And guess who it was? (Some of you are going to heartily dislike this!) The Police!!!! :rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

I would have loved that. :)

I would have loved that. :)

Me too! I can remember thinking in the dream that all was not lost. But, some here do not like The Police; that's why I thought the dream was funny.

• Like 1

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

Keep going on till dawn

But we hold on

• a feeling of supremacy

• irritability
  • paranoia
  • restlessness
  • anxiety

• dilated pupils

Dude,

You're hitting all time lows now with your posts. Now you want to criticize somebody for working extremely hard to be the best they can be at whatever passion they have in life. It's not a sin to want to be great. It's only through extreme hard work and "will" that Neil was able to elevate himself to elite status in the drumming world.(I would say it was worth it) Natural talent or not, ask any elite drummer what it took to get to that level and all I ever hear is about 5-6 hours a day for years and years and years. I admire Neil for being willing to put in the hard work.

As far as Neil and cocaine, you are basing your opinion off of some lyric where he says no one could blame him "if" he decided to go down that dark path? Give me a break. I personally don't care whether he has used or not, but in your original post you stated it as if Neil wouldn't have been able to do those monster rides without the aid of cocaine. It's not cocaine, it's Neil's intense desire and I applaud him for it. Those that can do, those that can't or won't criticize.

• Like 4