Songs from the 70's he could still sing now!

Pars123

I think he could pull off Panacea. No one'se mentioned that one.

He could do Rivendell too.

That was metioned in the first post.

Mea maxima culpa.

By the way, if you are on the prowl for a Rush chick, you better start practicing being charming. Ask Narpski for pointers. ;)

• Like 1

Mea maxima culpa.

By the way, if you are on the prowl for a Rush chick, you better start practicing being charming. Ask Narpski for pointers. ;)

Narpski. Give me pointers.

Mea maxima culpa.

You don't want pointers from me. I am that dude that the ladies all want to be friends with. It works for me and always has but being nice and charming shouldn't be all that difficult. Physical attraction is a whole other ball game.... :)

"nice guys finish last"..... Leo Durocher

Mea maxima culpa.

I am that dude that the ladies all want to be friends with.

Hmm. I sometimes have had the opposite problem. Not sure if that's a problem though...

In the Mood

Anthem in a lower key

Working Man, obviously

A a Passage to Bangkok

2112, but barely

Xanadu

Closer to the Heart, again just barely

The Trees

Circumstances

This one is on the border line of 70's/80's but Jacob's Ladder is an easy vocal in comparison and would be a real crowd pleaser.

By-Tor isn't too bad, he could pull that off for sure.

I didn't include Permanent Waves but if you really want to count that one, then the whole album could be sung by him, no problem. And I support the performance of the whole album! :D

That would be Immense!!

With Xanadu in full also obv ;)

• Like 1

This one is on the border line of 70's/80's but Jacob's Ladder is an easy vocal in comparison and would be a real crowd pleaser.

I didn't include Permanent Waves but if you really want to count that one, then the whole album could be sung by him, no problem. And I support the performance of the whole album! :D

That would be Immense!!

Uh, Xanadu is off of AFTK, not Permanent Waves... but I agree it should be done in full! Actually I want an extended intro. Let Lerxst go off for a little bit.

• Like 1

I think he could pull of the part after it. It starts off with low vocals and gets higher. But he could still sing that. So Panacea and Bacchus Plateau

In the Mood also.

Edited by Pars123
  • Like 1

I think he could pull of the part after it. It starts off with low vocals and gets higher. But he could still sing that. So Panacea and Bacchus Plateau

Love Bacchus Plateau and he could definitely sing that. :wub:

• Like 3

That would be Immense!!

Uh, Xanadu is off of AFTK, not Permanent Waves... but I agree it should be done in full! Actually I want an extended intro. Let Lerxst go off for a little bit.

Sorry I should have said with Xanadu in addition to PeW just to clear up any confusion that I didn't know what album Xanadu was on ;)

Perish the thought!!

:rush:

But I think we are in agreement of what needs to be played

• Like 1

That would be Immense!!

Sorry I should have said with Xanadu in addition to PeW just to clear up any confusion that I didn't know what album Xanadu was on ;)

Perish the thought!!

:yes:

• Like 3

That would be Immense!!

Perish the thought!!

Yes! :D

In the Mood

Panacea and Bacchus Plateau!

Tears?

Closer to the Heart

Full Xanadu

Full Permanent Waves album! :)

Everyone agree?

Edited by Pars123

That would be Immense!!

Perish the thought!!

In the Mood

Tears?

Closer to the Heart

Full Xanadu

Everyone agree?

That would do me fine :)

• Like 1

That would be Immense!!

Perish the thought!!

In the Mood

Tears?

Closer to the Heart

Full Xanadu

Everyone agree?

That would do me fine :)

Time to email the band! ;)

That would be Immense!!

Oh, Kenny, I would absolutely love an extended Alex intro. He makes that song what it is. A masterpiece! And one that I am proud to be the Queen of!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 2

That would be Immense!!

Perish the thought!!

In the Mood

Tears?

Closer to the Heart

Full Xanadu

Everyone agree?

No. i intensely dislike Closer To The Heart.

Not many...They need to just tune down to D and rock out some old-school gems. This one band did it a few years ago, and 1,000,000 people tried to get tickets to see the one show they played. I think they were called Led-Zeppelin or something like that? All the people who complain about them tuning down on things like Circumstances from SA tour need to build a bridge and get over it. Do you wanna hear old-school Rush or Dreamline again for the 400th time?
  • Like 3

That would be Immense!!

Perish the thought!!

In the Mood

Tears?

Closer to the Heart

Full Xanadu

Everyone agree?

No. i intensely dislike Closer To The Heart.

Why is that? It's such a delightful little song with some great lyrics, great guitar, and great bass. I think it fits within the context of the album perfectly, and while it's my second least favorite from the album, AFTK just wouldn't be AFTK without it
  • Like 3

I dislike Closer To The Heart because that is the song that the djs in NYC chose to highlight on the FM stations when AFTK came out. Now, I ask you, would you have chosen that song off of an album like that? And why did they? Because it is one of those catchy tunes except it didn't catch me and it is on account of this that I never bought the album and missed out on going to see them in concert at that time. I thought that the other songs on the album were probably along the same lines as CTTH, so why bother? When the reality is that CTTH was the oddball song on an otherwise glorious album. When I think about it, I really get mad. :rage:

My music taste hasn't changed since I was young, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would have been in ecstasy over Xanadu back then which would have forever sealed me with Rush. Instead, it wasn't until Tom Sawyer that I even gave Rush any serious consideration. By that time, I was already tired of going to concerts and didn't go to very many in the eighties.

That's why I don't like Closer To The Heart.

:rantoff:

Edited by Lorraine

I dislike Closer To The Heart because that is the song that the djs in NYC chose to highlight on the FM stations when AFTK came out. Now, I ask you, would you have chosen that song off of an album like that? And why did they? Because it is one of those catchy tunes except it didn't catch me and it is on account of this that I never bought the album and missed out on going to see them in concert at that time. I thought that the other songs on the album were probably along the same lines as CTTH, so why bother? When the reality is that CTTH was the oddball song on an otherwise glorious album. When I think about it, I really get mad. :rage:

My music taste hasn't changed since I was young, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would have been in ecstasy over Xanadu back then which would have forever sealed me with Rush. Instead, it wasn't until Tom Sawyer that I even gave Rush any serious consideration. By that time, I was already tired of going to concerts and didn't go to very many in the eighties.

I dislike Closer to the Heart because it's pretty much an average song that has been played to death. My explanation is much simpler. :P

(Narpski, that tongue face doesn't imply that my comment is tongue in cheek or sarcasm. You can't really rely on emoticon thingies to tell if someone is "kidding" or not. I highly suggest you invest in one of those sarcasm detectors. Actually, I might be able to instruct you how to build your own.)

I dislike Closer to the Heart because it's pretty much an average song that has been played to death. My explanation is much simpler. :P

(Narpski, that tongue face doesn't imply that my comment is tongue in cheek or sarcasm. You can't really rely on emoticon thingies to tell if someone is "kidding" or not. I highly suggest you invest in one of those sarcasm detectors. Actually, I might be able to instruct you how to build your own.)

Its worked pretty well for me so far..... :codger:
  • Like 1