Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

I could see that. I'd take those four over FSU (if they all win out). I'm not sure FSU could finish in the top 4 of the SEC West.

Weird season. Very weird. Topsy turvy. The elite teams will always pan out, though.

How long have you been watching CFB?

You don't seem to have watched it long enough to understand that topsy turvy craziness is an inherent element of it, and always has been.

Which is one reason why it is ABSURD to start screaming about firing a head coach halfway through a down year after that same coach just guided your schools program through its best 4 year span in history.

You're just a troll. You're not really interested in conversation, neither here nor in SOCN. I'll stop now before I say something hurtful that I can't take back.

You should have stopped earlier.

Spoiled brat SC "fans" freaking out and talking about firing Spurrier in astounding bouts of cry baby stupidity, and it is "Trolling" to berate it for the infantile level stupidity that it is?

So much so, that it makes me a Troll in SOCN too. Wow.

That's right, all those so called "fans" you have been talking back and forth with on other boards about firing Spurrier are cry baby idiots. That is all they are on this subject, nothing more whatsoever. They disgrace the name of Gamecock fan.

I called you a troll because you wouldn't answer my simple questions and you keep berating me on my opinion.

I put my opinion out there and you can refute it and disagree with it and we can talk about it, and that's great. You don't have keep beatin someone up because you disagree with him.

And, to say I'm a spoiled fan is a kick in the nuts.

Oh well, Gamecocks made a good try to make my "gut feeling" a reality.

Game literally came down to the last play.

Grats to Auburn for the win in a wildly entertaining game.

I think we played well, based on Todd Ellis' and Tommy Suggs' call of the game. The coaches even seemed to have shown more intensity. It was a valiant effort.

Still, Spurrier quit running the ball, on first down, when losing. You can't do that, especially when you've had moderate success at it.

I think we played well, based on Todd Ellis' and Tommy Suggs' call of the game. The coaches even seemed to have shown more intensity. It was a valiant effort.

Still, Spurrier quit running the ball, on first down, when losing. You can't do that, especially when you've had moderate success at it.

Did you see the the last play of the game?

It was later discovered that Auburn had two players on the field with the same number. Should have been a fifteen yard penalty.

Edited by troutman

Did you see the the last play of the game?

It was later discovered that Auburn had two players on the field with the same number. Should have been a fifteen yard penalty.

No, I had to listen to radio broadcast, via TuneIn App.

Anyone out there still think Clowney was overrated or wasn't giving 100% effort? Lol.

BTW, I refuse to criticize our players, who are staying out of trouble, practicing hard, and giving full effort.

I believe they are being shortchanged by the coaches and you can call me names all day, but I stand by my assessment.

Michigan State, Kansas State, Mississippi State, and Baylor, barely have had recruiting classes in the top 25, the last 3 years, and they are having great success the past several years. It's all about the coaches developing players. End of story.

Edited by Aikenrooster

BTW, I refuse to criticize our players, who are staying out of trouble, practicing hard, and giving full effort.

I believe they are being shortchanged by the coaches and you can call me names all day, but I stand by my assessment.

Michigan State, Kansas State, Mississippi State, and Baylor, barely have had recruiting classes in the top 25, the last 3 years, and they are having great success the past several years. It's all about the coaches developing players. End of story.

Well, it's not like the recruiting gurus have a perfect record of accuracy.

Well, it's not like the recruiting gurus have a perfect record of accuracy.

Those programs that I mentioned aren't fluke, one year, feel good stories. Those programs have been building for years now. You think Duke is getting top talent in football? No, but they're winning, although it's doubtful they'll win the ACC.

The Criminoles pull it out against Petrino (who was probably looking for a way out of the Chick A Fil Bowl)....

TUSCALOOSA, AL—Drawing widespread condemnation from fans and pundits alike, boosters from the University of Alabama Crimson Tide Foundation are facing heavy criticism after it was revealed Friday that the organization fully funded head football coach Nick Saban’s sex reassignment surgery. “We’re willing to do whatever it takes to keep Coach Saban at Alabama, including covering costs for orchiectomy and penectomy procedures, breast augmentation, and monthly doctor visits throughout the transition process,” said Crimson Tide Foundation spokesperson Keith Stokes, responding to public outcry regarding reports that the group bankrolled more than $50,000 in expenses for the four-time national champion’s ongoing hormonal replacement therapy throughout the past 18 months. “We haven’t broken any NCAA rules, and we have every right to pay for Coach Saban’s facial hair removal through electrolysis, as well as cover aesthetic follow-up procedures to make facial features more feminine. Nicole brought us three national titles and has done so much for our school, so we just want to make sure she’s happy. Roll tide.” The boosters group was reportedly adamant, however, that it had nothing to do with Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin’s recent vaginoplasty, explaining that the procedure was included as part of the 39-year-old’s severance deal from USC.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/alabama-boosters-under-fire-after-paying-for-nick,37335/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

• Like 1

Roll Tide... :wacko:

If you're reading this blog, you almost certainly know the name Harvey Updyke. He's the Alabama fan who poisoned the iconic trees in Toomer's Corner at rival Auburn in 2010.

He served 76 days in jail and was ordered by a judge to pay restitution to Auburn University totaling $796,731, of which he's only paid $99 as of mid-September.

When Updyke was released from jail in June 2013, his attorney Andrew Stanley said of his client: "He's very sincere. He wants to go back to Louisiana and never wants to be heard from ever again."

Well, that hasn't gone quite as planned. Updyke still pops up in the news every once in a while and is certainly not a shy man on social media, continually trolling Auburn fans and various SEC schools.

On Friday afternoon, he was at it again on Facebook.

Unfortunately there is no photo confirmation of this claim as of the time this article was published. But if he does indeed dress up as a dead tree, you can be sure he's going to post a pic of it.

Because remember kids, he "never wants to be heard from ever again."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/92415/harvey-updyke-a-dead-tree-for-halloween?ex_cid=espnFB

The Criminoles pull it out against Petrino (who was probably looking for a way out of the Chick A Fil Bowl)....

Yeah, they continue to spot the other team 3 touchdowns before they start to play ball.

So, are the Gamecocks going to have to dodge snowflakes tonight when they face the Vols?

Can a Gamecock "defender" manage to stop a snowflake, or would the snowflake run all over him?

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

So, are the Gamecocks going to have to dodge snowflakes tonight when they face the Vols?

Can a Gamecock "defender" manage to stop a snowflake, or would the snowflake run all over him?

Only recommendations from a blue ribbon IPCC committee can stop the tide of the AGW caused snowflakes in SC on November 1st.

Only recommendations from a blue ribbon IPCC committee can stop the tide of the AGW caused snowflakes in SC on November 1st.

Didn't get any where I live. Just cold ass temps with strong winds.

I checked the weather map early this morning when I woke up, and saw that it was snowing in Columbia, 100+ miles SSE of me, but not here, and was a bit annoyed by that. ;)

• Like 1