Official 2014-2015 NCAA Football thread

OK, these picks are just for funsies, as an experiment I'm doing with LAB**T:

Odds are the Consensus VI, @ around 9:30pm, EDT, on August 24, 2014

Picks are against the spread.

Texas A&M @ South Carolina(-10.5) Very easy pick.

Ole Miss(-10) (NS) Boise State Easy pick.

Temple @ Vanderbilt(-10) Tough pick.

UNLV @ Arizona(-23.5) Easy pick.

Penn State (NS) Central Florida(-1) Very easy pick.

Miami, FL @ Leweyville(-3.5) Hard pick.

Utah State @ Tennessee(-6.5) Easy pick.

SMU @ Baylor(-33) Very easy pick.

LSU(-4.5) (NS) Wisconsin Very easy pick.

Florida State(-17.5) (NS) Oklahoma State Very easy pick.

Southern Miss @ Mississippi State(-28.5) Very easy pick.

Washington(-15.5) @ Hawaii' Very easy pick.

Fresno State @ Southern COW(-21.5) Very easy pick.

Iderho @ Flawrida(-35) Easy pick.

clem5on @ Jawja(-7.5) Hard pick.

Arkansas @ AllBarn(-21) Tough pick.

Alabamer (-26) (NS) West Virginia Tough pick.

Appalachian State @ Michigan(-34) Easy pick.

UCLA(-21.5) @ Virginia Easy pick.

Ohio State(-14) (N) Navy Tough pick.

Colorado State @ Colorado(-3) Easy pick.

Rutgers (NS) Washington State(-8) Hard pick.

Yeah, I look like an idiot picking Navy to cover the spread, but the game is in Baltimore, Navy runs that triple option and consumes a lot of clock, they almost beat Ohio State, last time, and Braxton Miller is hurt.

I'm HOPING West Virginia's defense is good enough to keep from getting embarrassed by more than 26.

I have no idea why Central Florida is favored.

I have no idea why Florida State and UCLA are favored by that much.

***Georgia wins the game by 2 points***

Am I supposed to be picking these? I'm the first to admit I'm not the most knowledgable about CFB. But I'll play along if you want.

No, just want to see what % I get, to compare to your NFL thread. It's likely that I won't see a single game this weekend, since I don't get home regularly anymore.

I have close to zero interest in following the Buckeyes this year, college wise might just stick with reliable local winner Division III Mt.Union Purple Raiders.

The Browns will probably have most of my attention, anger, frustration what I'd normally would have reserved for OSU... :P

I will assume that the loss of the starting quarterback for the entire year in a pre-season injury has not increased your enthusiasm for the current state of Buckeye football.

Anybody catch my alma mater Eastern Washington this weekend? Great small college football! 56-35 over Sam Houston!

The red turf!

The Inferno!

http://www.campusgrotto.com/images/stories/roos/roos1.jpg

BTW...in the background is my dorm, Dressler Hall. My room overlooked the field from the 9th floor. The grassy bank in the foreground? That's here my friends pushed me off a jump on a tobogan causing me to severely compress my L1 & L2 vertabrae. That got me eight days in the hospital and six months in a back brace.

Ever tried to do a keg stand in a back brace? Not easy.

Edited by goose

Less than 36 hours until the Roosters take the field!

I am really looking forward to the game tomorrow night.

I hope that for once the Gamecocks play an impressive opening game of the season (instead of their usual full of mistakes opening game) and rout the Aggies.

I am very hopeful for this Gamecock season.

Spurrier has a long established tendency to act more cocky and mouthy the better his teams are, going all the way back to his Florida days, and he seems very cocky and mouthy this year.

If anybody should know the team's chances of having a really incredible season (by that I mean better than the 11-2 finishes in each of the last 3 seasons) it is him.

He seems almost serenely confident at times about the team this year . Maybe that means we Gamecock fans are in for a season of success unprecedented in school history, or maybe it just means he is going senile or something. I am hopeful it is the former.

But, as always, we shall see what actually happens on the field one game at a time.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

I dreamed we beat Georgia 41-0 and they immediately turned off all the lights in the stadium and mad everyone walk out in the dark.

LOL.

That almost happened two years ago. Carolina beat Georgia 35 - 7, with Georgia's lone score coming late in the game in garbage time, iirc. Carolina took the Bulldogs to the woodshed and spanked them in every phase of the game. I could scarcely believe my eyes at the total domination displayed by Carolina over Georgia. That was a glorious night in Carolina football history.

However, the Gamecocks stumbled in the conference twice after that, while Georgia didn't, and it was the Bulldogs that went on from that game to win the SEC East.

That still bites.

• Like 1

I predict a 41-6 Gamecock victory.

I think we run the ball and run it some more and then run it some more.

The defense plays lights out. Atm certainly wasn't the same, last year, without JM. Also, Evans is gone.

Well, at halftime, one team has looked clearly superior to the other.

Unfortunately, it is the Aggies who have looked clearly superior to the Gamecocks.

More specifically, the Aggies are carving up the Gamecocks' so-called "Defense" at will.

Aggies up 31-14 at halftime.

I believe this game is over.

The Gamecocks have shown little to no ability to even slow down the Aggie offense, let alone stop it.

Oh well, so much for this being a magical season for the Gamecocks.

More like an embarrassing, crushing opening game, being blown out of their own stadium by a 10.5 point underdog.

Well, at halftime, one team has looked clearly superior to the other.

Unfortunately, it is the Aggies who have looked clearly superior to the Gamecocks.

More specifically, the Aggies are carving up the Gamecocks' so-called "Defense" at will.

Aggies up 31-14 at halftime.

I believe this game is over.

The Gamecocks have shown little to no ability to even slow down the Aggie offense, let alone stop it.

Oh well, so much for this being a magical season for the Gamecocks.

More like an embarrassing, crushing opening game, being blown out of their own stadium by a 10.5 point underdog.

Are you going to return Indiana's defensive players back to them for their first game?

• Like 1

Our state is being absolutely f***ing embarrassed by this comedy of errors.

At least they ripped our hearts out at the beginning of the season instead of waiting until later.

I'm done with football. I'm ready to camp and do other fun things.

Cowtothesky: Good luck to the Aggies the rest of the way!

Edited by Aikenrooster

Well, A & M's offense looked damned impressive, for sure, while SC's defense was absent for most of the game.

Most yards ever allowed by a SC defense in a game in school history.

lol

Got to laugh at it, really. So much hype, expectations through the roof for the season in Gamecock country, and . . . .this . . . is the result of the first game, a 52-28 spanking.

As for A&M . . . in that game, they didn't seem to miss Johnny Manziel at all. On the contrary, Hill goes out and promptly breaks Manziel's school record for most passing yards in a game, with over 500 yards passing Nicely done for him.

Good luck to A&M the rest of the way. It will be interesting to see if their offense really is that good, or if it was just that SC's defense really is that bad.

I'm glad I was able to (finally) laugh during and after a loss. Maybe I'm growing up, finally. LOL. I know my ass won't be planted in front of the TV, wasting away, hoping that they'll improve.

There is more to life.

I hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend!

I'm glad I was able to (finally) laugh during and after a loss. Maybe I'm growing up, finally. LOL. I know my ass won't be planted in front of the TV, wasting away, hoping that they'll improve.

There is more to life.

At the end of the day they're still in the SEC Least, so they have all year to get well. I wouldn't give up just yet.

There is more to life.

At the end of the day they're still in the SEC Least, so they have all year to get well. I wouldn't give up just yet.

But, we play Auburn, too.

You know the East was the better division when we first joined the league.

I haven't watched the game, yet, but apparently our guys weren't even in position and couldn't tackle.

East Carolina Had A Top 25 Offense Last year, So It's Likely That We'll Lose To Them, too.

Just watched a condensed YouTube video of the game. WOW! I don't even know where to start. Our guys were out of position and they count tackle. Out O-line is overrated. Dylan Thompson wasn't as bad as Internet posters claimed.

I feel bad for the players:

The coaches didn't have them conditioned, they didn't know where to be on the field, and they couldn't tackle. They simply weren't ready.

I'm not mad at the players, but pass on our coaches. Maybe Spurrier needs to spend less time golfing and assuming the assistants have it under control.

North Dakota State is pushing Iowa State around. 27 unanswered now, by the Bizzzzzon. Also, Navy was hanging in there with Ohio State, but the Buckeyes dropped a bomb on them.

Georgia Southern all over North Carolina State. Georgia Tick, Illinois and Iowa also struggling with FCS teams.

Go FCS!!!

Well, that was a waste of three hours. Indiana 28 ISU (1-11 in the FCS last year) 10. IU hung 73 on them last year.

Another bad year for IU football. What else is new.

I go to Iowa State so it's hard to give a shit about football in the slightest. I can only hope we beat Iowa this year.

Waiting for basketball to start...

Oh well, you almost came close vs Northern Iowa at home... ;)