Dirxst

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Has anybody heard of it? Read any? What are your thoughts? :o

Sponsored Post

#2 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Gangster, my computer speed is that of a turtle.

I found some stuff in a search.  

My emoticons aren't working.

Else I would add two more shockies to your one.

#3 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts
  • Interests:Glitter, yoga, Hello Kitty, epsom salt baths, Tic-Tacs, sparkling mineral water, finding the cure for eczema, pajama pants, cupcakes, colored paper-clips, post-it notes, liquid Advil, etc...

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostLorraine, on 07 September 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Gangster, my computer speed is that of a turtle.

I found some stuff in a search.  

My emoticons aren't working.

Else I would add two more shockies to your one.

LOL I know right?

#4 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

What is it?

#5 gangsterfurious

gangsterfurious

Dita Von Sneeze

• Members *
  • 5880 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Dirxst is for lack of a better word, fan-fiction stories written about Alex and Geddy set in alternate universes where they are lovers, married, having an affair, etc..

#6 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42085 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

:o :o :o :o :o

#7 Bluefunk

Bluefunk

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1171 posts
  • Interests:Narpzilla

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 07 September 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Dirxst is for lack of a better word, fan-fiction stories written about Alex and Geddy set in alternate universes where they are lovers, married, having an affair, etc..
:scared:

:blink:

:facepalm:

Cannot unsee! Need brain bleach..........

#8 geddysgal13

geddysgal13

The Seeker

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Rush, gardening, sleeping

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

There are a lot of sites out there. You can Google dirxst. I'd list them but I don't know if it would offend some people.

#9 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

View Postgangsterfurious, on 07 September 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Uh...hmmm....wow?
Posted Image

#10 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

:(

I like imagination and all, and I like Alex and Geddy, and I like that they're such good friends... but this crosses a line for me. I'd heard of this before, but am not interested in finding out more.

In my imagination, I don't need Alex and Geddy to be in that kind of relationship with each other. (I'm doing this on my phone, else I would insert one of those 'no' emotions) I think it's kind of creepy, and kind of sullies a good old fashioned friendship. I hope this doesn't make me sound prudish or whatever, but when I'm that much invested in the boys being awesome for how they are... I don't need this kind of stuff to debase it.

I like them being best friends, and don't want ickiness to mar what is good and pure.

I'm going to leave now before you all start telling me to loosen up or something! :P

#11 geddysgal13

geddysgal13

The Seeker

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

This is why i didn't post where to find those stories. I too just like Geddy and alex being best friends. Anything beyond that is kind of icky to me.

#12 temporary madness

temporary madness

The Seeker

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar, art, hiking and the outdoors, Alan Rickman, Rush, digital graphics and photography, SNL, food.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

i thought dirxt was just a slang term for pictures of them together on stage and stuff.... :huh:

#13 geddysgal13

geddysgal13

The Seeker

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

No. Dirxst is slang for what was posted above about their "relationship." Sometimes stories are made up from a picture of them. It can get really intense and if u don't like that sort of thing it is best not to go there.

#14 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

The Dane of the Culinary Arts

• Members *
  • 6123 posts
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostMika, on 08 September 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

:(

I like imagination and all, and I like Alex and Geddy, and I like that they're such good friends... but this crosses a line for me. I'd heard of this before, but am not interested in finding out more.

In my imagination, I don't need Alex and Geddy to be in that kind of relationship with each other. (I'm doing this on my phone, else I would insert one of those 'no' emotions) I think it's kind of creepy, and kind of sullies a good old fashioned friendship. I hope this doesn't make me sound prudish or whatever, but when I'm that much invested in the boys being awesome for how they are... I don't need this kind of stuff to debase it.

I like them being best friends, and don't want ickiness to mar what is good and pure.

I'm going to leave now before you all start telling me to loosen up or something! :P

No, you're absolutely right Mika :)

I find it refreshing to see two men have a deep friendship, where they're not afraid of giving each other a hug, or lean against each other on stage (I'm thinking of that picture where Alex rests his head on Geddy's shoulder), and it's sad that someone will put any sleazy thoughts and intentions into their friendship. Sadly, I think it's getting harder for men to hug each other without someone thinking they're gay in some negative way.

#15 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

View Posttemporary madness, on 08 September 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

i thought dirxt was just a slang term for pictures of them together on stage and stuff.... :huh:

At first, I thought it was, too! I thought it was cute - combine their nicknames (Dirk and Lerxst) in a cute way in photos showing their friendship or whatever. Then it gradually became clear that `Dirxst` meant something a lot less innocent. :|

#16 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

• Members *
  • 6123 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Another word to never Google :)

#17 Bluefunk

Bluefunk

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1171 posts
  • Interests:Narpzilla

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 08 September 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Sadly, I think it's getting harder for men to hug each other without someone thinking they're gay in some negative way.
Nothin' negative about being gay, but there's definitely something voyeuristic and weird about fan fiction. :scared:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 08 September 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Of course, that's what I did when I read the first post of this thread. Never again! :eh:

Edited by Bluefunk, 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#18 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

The `good` kind of `Dirxst`:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just two very long-time buddies, as close as brothers, comfortable enough with each other that they don`t have `personal bubbles of space`. Yes, some of these photos could be seen to corroborate the `bad` kind of Dirxst, but at face-value, it`s just two guys being buddies. And it warms my heart so see such obvious friendship before the camera lens. :wub:

#19 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

• Members *
  • 6123 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostBluefunk, on 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Sadly, I think it's getting harder for men to hug each other without someone thinking they're gay in some negative way.
Nothin' negative about being gay, but there's definitely something voyeuristic and weird about fan fiction. :scared:

Of course, that's what I did when I read the first post of this thread. Never again! :eh:

Oh, I hope I didn't come off as being negative about homosexuals? I very much support their fight for having the same civil rights, and I'm pro gay marriage. Even participates in Gay Pride parades to show my support. Just wanted to clarify :)

#20 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 08 September 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

View PostBluefunk, on 08 September 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Oh, I hope I didn't come off as being negative about homosexuals? I very much support their fight for having the same civil rights, and I'm pro gay marriage. Even participates in Gay Pride parades to show my support. Just wanted to clarify :)

No, you didn`t come off as negative towards homosexuals! You said ``gay in a negative way``, which I understand. Not meaning just gay, which is fine, but using gayness in a negative kind of way, which is not fine. I hope my messy clarification makes sense!

ETA: Kind of like if someone sees two men hugging, and snipes, ``Gawd, that`s so GAY.`` This is a totally negative thing to say, and personally, I`m sick of hearing people throw around the `G` word in situations that really don`t warrant it, like using it as an adjective to describe something negative. There are many words in the English language to convey negativity about something, and `gay` is not the right choice.

Edited by Mika, 08 September 2013 - 02:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users