Chicago show

toddf74

That was my first show! I thought it was amazing! The string section sounded so good! The people around me knew the newer material well! And the Stanley Cup was there!!!

I thought it was cool how the crowd was more into the new material compared the first leg of the tour.

It was my daughter's first Rush show, so this one will always be special for me. :)

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 2

I thought it was cool how the crowd was more into the new material compared the first leg of the tour.

It was my daughter's first Rush show, so this one will always be special for me. :)

Her first Rush show came complete with a Cup appearance? Wow, dude. That's almost too much awesome for one night!!! :cheers:

• Like 2

Loved it. Thought the crowd was more involved in the new material and the strings sounded much higher in the mix than last time, which was nice.

I went to the parade/rally for the Hawks that morning and the Rush show that night. Having the Cup there was a perfect conclusion to the day.

Only thing that wasn't better than September's show was the sound. It was probably where I was sitting (dead center in September, stage-right last night), but to me the sound wasn't nearly as clear or pristine. Glad we got "Setlist B" (or close to it) so I could see "Dreamline" with the strings, and "Wish Them Well." Way cool!

I also agree that the sound there was not great. However, I was very close to the stage and was just going berserk the entire time, so I did not seem to mind as much. I really enjoyed the strings a lot more this time.

I agree that the sound was less-than-perfect the first set. Also it seemed like people were more into the CA songs than ever before, which is great. Geddy seemed to be having trouble with his bass tone or something. He kept making faces at the guy running the sound.

I loved the face Alex made during the show....someone was smoking so Al pretended (?) to be annoyed with it, made funny face, waved his hand to get the "smoke" away....hilarious. Not sure if it was cigarettes or something else.