Your favourite love and anti-love songs

barney_rebel

Corny but I thought The Babys had some good ones -Everytime I Think of You,Isn't it time, Head first. Anti Luv? J GEILS- LOVE STINKS!!! cool.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jun 19 2005, 01:13 AM)
Corny but I thought  The Babys had some good ones -Everytime I Think of You,Isn't it time, Head first.                                                                                                      Anti Luv?  J GEILS- LOVE STINKS!!!  cool.gif

O...M...G... I loved The Babies. Whatshisname had the most incredible voice. And, "Everytime I Think of You" still gives me chills.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And, I'm not sure if they're love songs as much as a stalker love songs, but I really like "Haning on the Telephone" and "One Way or Another" by Blondie.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 19 2005, 01:43 AM)
Corny but I thought  The Babys had some good ones -Everytime I Think of You,Isn't it time, Head first.                                                                                                      Anti Luv?  J GEILS- LOVE STINKS!!!  cool.gif

O...M...G... I loved The Babies. Whatshisname had the most incredible voice. And, "Everytime I Think of You" still gives me chills.

And, I'm not sure if they're love songs as much as a stalker love songs, but I really like "Haning on the Telephone" and "One Way or Another" by Blondie.

John Waite-Lead vocals of the Babys,solo fame "Missing You"

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jun 19 2005, 12:36 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 19 2005, 01:43 AM)

John Waite-Lead vocals of the Babys,solo fame "Missing You"

John Waite is going to be in concert in Garland (a nearby suburb) in July!!! I'm going....

I don't know the tracks you're mentioning - except Knights in White Satin which is a great song to have at your wedding.

My favourite love songs are:-

1 Dance Me to the end of Love by Leonard Cohen

The words are so romantic 'Let me see your beauty when the witnesses have gone', 'dance me to the children who are asking to be born' etc

Lyrics here: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leonardcohe...eendoflove.html

2 'You Make it Easy to Watch the World with Love' by Air

'You make it easy to watch the world with love,

You make it easy to let the past be done'

A beautiful knowing sentiment hinting at past pain sung with absolute innocence

Honourable mention to 'God Only Knows' by the Beach Boys, obviously.

Anti-Love - or more Non-Love

1 'Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space' by Spiritualized

It has a very simple melody signing 'All I want in life is just a little bit of love to take the pain away' again and again. Gosh, it's sad!

Bargain Store by Dolly Parton (yeah, Dolly deal with it people!)

Check out the lyricss http://www.dollyon-line.com/archives/lyrics/bargain.shtml

Disco

QUOTE (physics23 @ Jun 23 2005, 03:11 AM)
Favorite love song: "All Over Me" by The Benjamin Gate.

And for anti-love I'll say Alice in Chains' "Down in a Hole."

Archived