'Terminator 4' news

Jack Aubrey

From Coming Soon

Terminator 4 is ready to start production in 2005, but will Arnold Schwarzenegger be back? Variety reports that Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines writers John Brancato and Michael Ferris have completed a draft of a script that was developed under the supervision of "T3" director Jonathan Mostow.

The trade adds that C2 partners Mario Kassar and Andy Vajna are returning as producers, and "T3" financier Intermedia, which has underwritten development so far, will begin the process of setting up the budget for the picture.

Mostow is expected to next direct an untitled thriller he wrote for Paramount. Intermedia will open formal negotiations shortly for a deal that would make "T4" Mostow's next directing job. Intermedia will also meet soon with Warner Bros. Pictures and Sony Pictures, who distributed "T3" domestically and internationally, respectively. Both of the studios have an option to serve the same roles in the fourth film.

Schwarzenegger's availability is the big question mark, since he is the governor of California. There's already been talks for Arnold to return, but it would likely be in a limited role. Variety adds that the expectation is that "T4" will break in a new terminator model.

There's no word yet whether or not Nick Stahl or Claire Danes will return.

I would have thought that the franchise is strong enough now to continue independently of Arnie. Also, it depends what the time line of the film will be. For example, is it time to futher explore the war between men and machines in the future?

All we've had really are bits and pieces - Maybe it's time to go more "futuristic" and see more of John Connor in action as the rebel leader.

Anyone ever seen a cheesy little movie from the 60's called, "Cyborg 2087"? I haven't seen it since I was a kid but I recall the basic premise: Bad guys from the future send an assassin back in time to kill a scientist who will have a profound impact on the future. The good guys send a cyborg (Michael Rennie) back to stop the assassin. Sound familiar? Edited by yankeeyankeezulu

QUOTE (yankeeyankeezulu @ Oct 11 2004, 06:54 PM)
Anyone ever seen a cheesy little movie for the 60's called, "Cyborg 2087"? I haven't seen it since I was a kid but I recall the basic premise: Bad guys from the future send an assassin back in time to kill a scientist who will have a profound impact on the future. The good guys send a cyborg (Michael Rennie) back to stop the assassin. Sound familiar?

Yeah, slightly familiar! Never heard of that film, and I'm sure most others haven't either. Very interesting...

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Sep 24 2004, 05:57 PM)
I gotta be honest. I'm a BIG James Cameron fan. It's his baby and without his involvement the difference is incredible........to me.

I'm with you. JC is the best director there is. Liked T3, but there was something missing... JC.

QUOTE (yankeeyankeezulu @ Oct 11 2004, 10:54 PM)
Anyone ever seen a cheesy little movie from the 60's called, "Cyborg 2087"? I haven't seen it since I was a kid but I recall the basic premise: Bad guys from the future send an assassin back in time to kill a scientist who will have a profound impact on the future. The good guys send a cyborg (Michael Rennie) back to stop the assassin. Sound familiar?

If its got Micheal Rennie it can't be all bad

All together now

Micheal Rennie was ill

The Day the Earth Stood Still

But he told us where we stand