Oh great, here comes Jeanne!

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 23 2004, 09:18 AM)
And IVAN also is BACK!!! It actulla went through the midwest/Ohio Valley, came back down to Florida, across into the Gulf AGAIN and has now REFORMED into a Tropical Storm!!! Unreal!!!

So Mother nature is pissed at Ohio AND Florida, hmmmm strange.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 23 2004, 10:30 AM)
And IVAN also is BACK!!! It actulla went through the midwest/Ohio Valley, came back down to Florida, across into the Gulf AGAIN and has now REFORMED into a Tropical Storm!!!  Unreal!!!

The Ivan one just floors me - I was watching the weather channel before I went ot bed last night adn couldn't believe it was back in the Gulf and had reformed into a Tropical Storm - has that EVER happened???/

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 23 2004, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 23 2004, 10:30 AM)
And IVAN also is BACK!!! It actulla went through the midwest/Ohio Valley, came back down to Florida, across into the Gulf AGAIN and has now REFORMED into a Tropical Storm!!!  Unreal!!!

The Ivan one just floors me - I was watching the weather channel before I went ot bed last night adn couldn't believe it was back in the Gulf and had reformed into a Tropical Storm - has that EVER happened???/

I am a weather nut and I don't ever remember seeing this happen (Ivan). I havent seen hurricanes do the loopty loop very often if ever either(Jeanne). Something is up with our recent weather patterns, it could have something to do with el nino or the greenhouse effect, you never know. Keep an eye on that fig tree man.

"The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars/meteorites in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind."

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 23 2004, 11:06 AM)
...Keep an eye on that fig tree man.

"The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars/meteorites in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind."

"Don't pay the ferryman!" rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 23 2004, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 23 2004, 11:06 AM)
...Keep an eye on that fig tree man.

"Don't pay the ferryman!" rofl3.gif

I wont pay him until he gets me to the other side.

QUOTE (Tide Pools @ Sep 25 2004, 07:26 AM)
well..........

i guess i need to head out and put that damn plywood back up!!!!!!!
waffen093.gif bring it on jeanne

When is this gonna end? I've been in Florida 18 years and never seen anything like this. It is unbelievable. wacko.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 23 2004, 07:18 AM)
And IVAN also is BACK!!! It actulla went through the midwest/Ohio Valley, came back down to Florida, across into the Gulf AGAIN and has now REFORMED into a Tropical Storm!!! Unreal!!!

!!! what! thats insane! I have never ever seen this happen.... ohmy.gif unsure.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Sep 25 2004, 09:57 PM)
If it were me, after all is said and done, I would pack up everything that didn't blow away and find another sunny state to live in! yes.gif

The only good thing about hurricanes is usually you have warning so you can head out of town. But then again I guess that doesn't matter if you come home and your house is torn apart. sad.gif

2 more hurricanes and it's an all time record for the most hurricanes since they have been recorded. I have been studying latley on why this may be, some say it's just the normal patterns and others say theres more to it. Warmer water could have some effect.

I talked to BSG this morning around 9. He and the family are all right, no power, and only a couple of trees down in a neighbor's yard which crushed a toolshed (no one was in it). He told me to tell everyone hello and that he looks forward to getting back on the board.

Thanks guys. And I sure hope our other Florida buds will check in soon, as well. Snowdog, Tide Pools, Scream, sound off, eh?

I'm at my office now, which obviously has power. My home however, remains un-electrified. My local utility stated they had about 250,000 homes w/o power. Outages with other utility companies put those numbers much higher, of course. If we don't get some juice soon, it's hotel-time for me and mine. Another night of trying to sleep in such stifling conditions ("mott and huggy") is not high on my list of fun-things-to-do. no.gif I DID get a warm shower this am (for which my co-workers are grateful, no doubt). It's amazing how long hot water lasts in an electric water heater, if you conserve it.

My son sits next to me here. For some reason, coming into an air-conditioned office w/ internet appealed to him this am, and I relented. I'm hard at work. (Yes, I am! It's called multi-tasking.) He's got Rush CD's, Gameboy, and snacks. So, life is guud, all things considered.

Well, we made it, thank goodness. And we didn't get the direct hit, just the "tropical storm" rains and wind. Had to do some fence repair again this morning, but I'd sure rather repair my fence than my house. The family is fine as is the house and the dogs. Still no electricity. I'm at "work" now laugh.gif so I thought I'd check in on everyone else. Power went out at 4:30 Sunday afternoon and still waiting to get it back. But if that is the biggest of my problems, then I'm doing pretty good.

Scream, Tide Pools you guys ok?

I heard that Jeanne is spawning some tornados in S. Carolina tonight. I hope Jack and his familiy are all OK tonight. Tornados scare me more than anything.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 27 2004, 06:33 PM)
I heard that Jeanne is spawning some tornados in S. Carolina tonight. I hope Jack and his familiy are all OK tonight. Tornados scare me more than anything.

yes.gif No doubt!

Very little advance warning of THOSE suckers! Be safe, Jack. Take care, bud. trink38.gif Watch those weather reports.

Thank you Indy and BSG for the kind thoughts!

Things are a little tense here tonight, and I had a glass of wine to steady my nerves a bit. She Who Must Be Obeyed is in Connecticut on a business trip and I therefore have no adult supervision.

I have battened down all hatches, ports, and scuttles, set the storm canvas, and rigged lifelines along the weatherdecks. (Well, not really, but that sure is fun to say!) Seriously, I am flipping to the weather channel every time that its time for the 'Local on the 8's' and am ready to head for the bathroom with a stout quilt, radio, and flashlight should a twister be sighted (God forbid).

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 27 2004, 05:23 PM)
Thank you Indy and BSG for the kind thoughts!

Things are a little tense here tonight, and I had a glass of wine to steady my nerves a bit. She Who Must Be Obeyed is in Connecticut on a business trip and I therefore have no adult supervision.

I have battened down all hatches, ports, and scuttles, set the storm canvas, and rigged lifelines along the weatherdecks. (Well, not really, but that sure is fun to say!) Seriously, I am flipping to the weather channel every time that its time for the 'Local on the 8's' and am ready to head for the bathroom with a stout quilt, radio, and flashlight should a twister be sighted (God forbid).

Don't forget the whiskey.

Archived