The wishing thread

Dweezil

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (sundog @ Jan 30 2005, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Jan 30 2005, 06:54 PM)
I wish that wishes were fulfilled...

I wish I had some friends right now.

Poof.......

your wish has come true- there are no better friends than those that share your passion for great conversation, companionship and of course music!!!

You have us Rat!!!!

I'm concerned when people use the word "poof".

It brings to mind that saying:

Whee! I'm a fairy.......

Poof! You're a pile of shit.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 30 2005, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 30 2005, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 30 2005, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 30 2005, 11:29 AM)
I wish there were no corrupt judges....(snowboard judges)

I'd like to agree with you in the beleif that all competition judges are corrupt. I used to think so as well.

However, I am going for my judging cards this year and have junior judged for two years. I hope that I never become corrupt.

Really?!? Judging for what? yea I don't know..it's probably all in my head...lol laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, D-13. There are corrupt judges for certain.

In the horse industry (where I am judging) it is almost a requisite if you want to get a gig at the huge shows. After all, it is the associations that organize these things and if they don't like the results, you won't judge. There is a trick around it, but it is only advisable if judging is your main interest.

I don't like playing games, so I stay with the smaller shows. It is much more rewarding to help young peeps that don't have a chip on their shoulder when they truly take what you tell them and become better horseman.

I have friends who judge at the big shows and go and ringmaster for them so that I can see some of the better quality horses of that particular breed. Do I wish I judged at them? You bet! There are some sweet gigs out there. Maybe I will one day, but I am not going to agonize over it.

I am sure that judging your competitions entail much of the same politics. There will always be corrupt judges.

Cool! Horse judging sounds cool! Yea no doubt there are corrupt judges....like today I just found out (rumor) that a girl who got hurt won the contest the other day and 2 other people that were 2nd and 3rd didn't have good runs. This one girl that we were watching was just rocking! and we all thought she was going to be the winner for sure because she did more spins than anyone and she was kinda getting out of the pipe other than the other girls...if this is true this is a scandal. My coach is sick of it b/c she has seen this sh!t over and over again and it sucks because it's just not fair....but whats fair in this world anymore? sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Jan 30 2005, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 30 2005, 11:02 PM)
Wishes dont come true, so I work on trying to make more possible things a reality.

But if anything, I wish it was May 3rd.

Holy rice..... me too!!! biggrin.gif

I know why, for both of you.

I wish I could hear from my best friend more often, and that he felt the same for me as I do for him, I know, I sound like a broken record. sad.gif

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Jan 31 2005, 11:27 PM)
I wish my Girlfreind went to bed tonight and woke up a Rush fan trink39.gif yes.gif

goodpost.gif

Wish my hubby would do the same!!

biggrin.gif

Archived