2008 - 04/26 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up Rush fans... There will be some sort of convention going on the weekend of the concert at the Cox Convention Center (which is across the street form the Ford Center). That's why all Bricktown hotels are booked. Anyhow, keep this in mind and allow for extra time to park and get to the Ford Center. God knows parking in Bricktown is atrocious with only one event happening.

Also, in terms of a meet up-- I suggest the Bricktown Brewery (http://www.bricktownbrewery.com/). Walking distance to the Ford Center and plenty of room upstairs for us Rush fans to hang out.

Bricktown Brewery blows! Crappy beers in fact, Coaches is better.

Yes B-Town is within walking distance from the Ford Center which is nice. Don't know what's happening at the Cox Center but there is also a baseball game at the ballpark that night as well. Lots of stuff happening that night.

I agree with you-- Coaches is better. But for the purpose of a Rush meetup, the Brewery would probably be better (more spacious, closer to the Ford Centr). Plus, as you mentioned, a ball game will be going on and Coaches would be a little "busy" with that.

OK, it sounds like Bricktown is a bad place to park at least. But, where should we all meet? It doesn't have to be right there by the Ford Center as long as it's within walking distance. What else is around there?

We can meet up at Bass Pro, purchase weapons, then walk to the Canadian River across the freeway, float cans (empties of course), then shoot them with our newly purchased automatic weapons until we expend our ammo, the sun sets and the show begins??

QUOTE (rat @ Apr 12 2008, 01:44 AM)
We can meet up at Bass Pro, purchase weapons, then walk to the Canadian River across the freeway, float cans (empties of course), then shoot them with our newly purchased automatic weapons until we expend our ammo, the sun sets and the show begins??

You are a scary person, rat.

QUOTE (rat @ Apr 12 2008, 01:44 AM)

Incredibly helpful info!

wacko.gif

QUOTE (GfourRush @ Apr 11 2008, 10:11 PM)
I agree with you-- Coaches is better. But for the purpose of a Rush meetup, the Brewery would probably be better (more spacious, closer to the Ford Centr). Plus, as you mentioned, a ball game will be going on and Coaches would be a little "busy" with that.

Depends on when you are going to get there. Baseball game starts around 7:30, fans don't usually roll in until 6ish for BP, etc.

We'll be in b-town around 3, grab some dinner around 6 then head to the show. If you like Mexican, Chileno's or Abuelos are decent. Tons of choices down there. I will do some checking on some places this week.

http://www.peoriadefense.com/photo_host/HowtoChangeGuitarStrings_F78D/SpinalTapvolume11.jpg

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 16 2008, 07:58 AM)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/ssullysue/ten.jpg

Atta girl. I knew you'd pick up on the idea. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 17 2008, 02:19 AM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):
1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Hi. How's it goin'? bekloppt.gif

Oklahoma isn't THAT far! biggrin.gif

Close, and yet so far... sad.gif

You gals will have a blast...looks like you'll have good company there, too.

QUOTE (rat @ Apr 18 2008, 05:35 AM)
http://www.nottheaverage.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/empty_plate.jpg

wtf.gif

Archived