I am excited

Alsgalpal

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 7 2005, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 7 2005, 04:25 PM)
So, what should I name my salon.  I am going to offer all hair services, and nails, and waxing... 

Creative name suggestions.  biggrin.gif

"Off the Top"

Also, can I be a shampoo girl? new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jan 7 2005, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 7 2005, 04:25 PM)
So, what should I name my salon.  I am going to offer all hair services, and nails, and waxing... 

Creative name suggestions.  biggrin.gif

"Off the Top"

Also, can I be a shampoo girl? new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Jan 8 2005, 11:09 AM)
I just had a sorta-inspiration:

Signals Hair, Nails & More

Permanent Waves
Grand Designs
Or Just a Bit Off The Top

"Signals" I like because it's sort of vague, but evocative.

Then again you could just call it "Curl Up and Dye Salon".

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

rofl3.gif Nice ideas BSG! laugh.gif

Congratulations, AGP!!! trink39.gif

That is vereh kewl. You are going to do sooo well.

There are tons of people who will loan you money, but tie up any loose ends before you embark on this journey. Ahem *whispers* "There are ten community property states, including California, Arizona, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. In community property states, this is the property that is considered separate, i.e. belonging to only one spouse. This usually includes anything owned prior to marriage, inheritances, and anything a spouse earned after the date of separation. Educational loans can also count as "separate" debts, owned by only one spouse." Oregon is Common Law....sayin?

DO NOT open a "partnership" , that goes for anyone, ever. I recommend LLC (limited liability corporation.) Also, incurring debt is better than selling stock for a venture this size.

Draw up a Business Plan to identify opening costs, define your marketing strategy and project cash flow for at least the first 5 years. Sounds daunting, I know, but just start typing up your ideas as they come...you can organize them later. PM me if you have questions.

I did a feasibility study in school about opening my own business. The research calls that I made resulted in a flood of positive feedback that lasted for months. Jeez, all I really wanted was a grade. I think it was the Chamber of Commerce that sent the most info.

Good luck, Girl cheer.gif

BTW - Signals would be an awesome name. Good idea, BSG!!!

Wow, Rolinda, such great advice, thanks so much!!!!

BSG, great names... laugh.gif Curl up and Dye... may drive some clients away... laugh.gif Cute tho... I really like Grand Designs tho! *woohoo*

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 8 2005, 06:22 PM)
Wow, Rolinda, such great advice, thanks so much!!!!

BSG, great names... laugh.gif Curl up and Dye... may drive some clients away... laugh.gif Cute tho... I really like Grand Designs tho! *woohoo*

Curl Up and Dye is the name of a murder mystery novel, I think...

Well folks, the shop got rented out, but I still want to strike out on my own, and lease a station. I think it would make so much more sense. I only get a quarter of what I do as far as money goes. So, I think I can't really go wrong for starting on my own. So, thats the bad news, and I am not really disappointed, if it was meant to be, it would happen.

Now, for my good news!!!!! 653.gif On Monday, I arrive at Pearson Int'l Airport in Toronto!!!!!! 1022.gif Tuesday, I get to meet my sweet best friend Barney, and I will be with my other best friend, Not Barn!!! laugh.gif I hope we get some kewl piccys to post! wub.gif

Archived