TICKETMASTER YOU SUCK

abc

QUOTE (abc @ Mar 29 2007, 11:30 PM)
ANY ONE ELSE SICK OF IT. YOU CAN STICK IT UP YOUR BUTT, WE ARE SICK OF IT. COME GET YOU SOME.

rofl3.gif

Many share your sentiments (myself included), but viable alternatives are few and far between. What alternative would you suggest?

Look...Ticket Master sucks...3.50 here...4.75 here...pretty soon your paying Universal Ticket Master tax, but at the end of the day, they have the tickets to see Rush...so I get them, and enjoy the show and forget about the stupid fees and crappy website they have going most of the time...

Just enjoy the show man!!!! 2.gif

I agree with the OP, ticketmaster is bad news. They charge outrageous services fees. How did they get a monopoly anyway? Why aren't there any other companies competing with them?

If TM did a better job, there would be no need for brokers.

Bring back the old TicketTron...

QUOTE (rkarlberg @ Mar 30 2007, 03:59 PM)
I agree with the OP, ticketmaster is bad news. They charge outrageous services fees. How did they get a monopoly anyway? Why aren't there any other companies competing with them?

Ah, Ticketron. I remember those days. smile.gif

I recall never getting all that great seats for shows back in the Ticketron days, so maybe I prefer Ticketmaster. I hate the TM monopoly and fees, but I usually get decent or better seats for shows thru them.

QUOTE (workingman @ Mar 30 2007, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (rkarlberg @ Mar 30 2007, 03:59 PM)
I agree with the OP, ticketmaster is bad news.  They charge outrageous services fees.  How did they get a monopoly anyway?  Why aren't there any other companies competing with them?

Ah, Ticketron. I remember those days. smile.gif

I recall never getting all that great seats for shows back in the Ticketron days, so maybe I prefer Ticketmaster. I hate the TM monopoly and fees, but I usually get decent or better seats for shows thru them.

That's a very good point. No stupid coupon on the back of the stub that you will never use either.

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Mar 30 2007, 04:28 PM)
Look...Ticket Master sucks...3.50 here...4.75 here...pretty soon your paying Universal Ticket Master tax, but at the end of the day, they have the tickets to see Rush...so I get them, and enjoy the show and forget about the stupid fees and crappy website they have going most of the time...

Just enjoy the show man!!!! 2.gif

You're right. Even their website sucks.

I understand the frustration with TM. That said, I remember how difficult it was for me getting decent (not good or great, just decent) seats the "old fashioned" way. Now, with the internet and TM (assuming I don't use the presale) I don't have to camp out, wait in long lines, etc. It may cost a few more $$ but the convenience is worth it to me. Yes, the inflated service charges bug me, but when it comes to my favorite band, I'll pay.

edit: spelling

I'm glad I got a halfway decent pair of seats for the Scranton pre-sale because when I got on TM today to see if I could do better there was nothing available anywhere in the first level.

Not to mention the fact that I have a hard time reading their verification code so sometimes I enter it incorrectly. Then I have to waste more time entering it more than one time! I'm glad they do it, but can't they make it easier to read?

angry.gif TicketScalper is probably more corrupt than Enron! I haven't been able to get good seats from them for years now! Despite getting in mere minutes after tickets offically went on sale!

I was truely disappointed in the Rush Pre-Sale, which only yeilded 300 level seats at the PNC Bank Arts Center. I thought for sure something was wrong with that picture. Isn't a Pre-Sale supposed to reward Rush fans with access to better seats than the general public?

So I waited until TicketScalper went on sale at 10am saturday moring. At 10:03am, only 400 level seats available!!!! And this is going throught their Amex Gold Events field, where supposedly better seats are available.

I'm truly disgusted with the whole experience. I threw them back, and I will not be seeing Rush this year. Why should I pay $100 to sit back in the next state and pay the same price as someone sitting in the front row? I'm too old and payed my dues way too many times to deal with this crap!! wtf.gif

QUOTE (mikesic @ Apr 1 2007, 10:08 AM)
angry.gif TicketScalper is probably more corrupt than Enron! I haven't been able to get good seats from them for years now! Despite getting in mere minutes after tickets offically went on sale!

I was truely disappointed in the Rush Pre-Sale, which only yeilded 300 level seats at the PNC Bank Arts Center. I thought for sure something was wrong with that picture. Isn't a Pre-Sale supposed to reward Rush fans with access to better seats than the general public?

So I waited until TicketScalper went on sale at 10am saturday moring. At 10:03am, only 400 level seats available!!!! And this is going throught their Amex Gold Events field, where supposedly better seats are available.

I'm truly disgusted with the whole experience. I threw them back, and I will not be seeing Rush this year. Why should I pay $100 to sit back in the next state and pay the same price as someone sitting in the front row? I'm too old and payed my dues way too many times to deal with this crap!! wtf.gif

> Isn't a Pre-Sale supposed to reward Rush fans with access to better seats than the general public?

Um, NO!!!

Why in the world do so many people think like this?

Ticket Master aint that bad. I got my tickets through their auction, and love the idea. Yeah, I hate the fees, but I used to go through a broker and pay 250$per seat for rows 1-10. Now I paid $240 and I'm gauranteed seats in the first four rows. 1022.gif 2.gif trink39.gif See ya at the shows p-po.

Archived