• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#21 jrenee2112

jrenee2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:11 PM

I was just thinking about starting a thread for the Rotterdam shows!  I will be there!  I have not picked which show yet.... cool10.gif  common001.gif  cool10.gif

Sponsored Post

#22 jrenee2112

jrenee2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (BroonsBabe @ Aug 26 2007, 03:55 PM)
Hey Guys!

Can't wait!  this is going to be so much fun!

I say we get together for a few beers before the show..  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

Where can you find the best shrooms?  tongue.gif  common001.gif  

#23 ArrowSnake

ArrowSnake

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1820 posts
  • Interests:Music, literature, art, life.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (jrenee2112 @ Sep 4 2007, 11:16 PM)
Hey Guys!

Can't wait!  this is going to be so much fun!

I say we get together for a few beers before the show..  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

rofl3.gif  cool10.gif

#24 bringer of balance

bringer of balance

The Seeker

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:rush!!!, elvis, photografie, girls...girls...girls!!!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (jrenee2112 @ Sep 4 2007, 11:11 PM)
I was just thinking about starting a thread for the Rotterdam shows!  I will be there!  I have not picked which show yet.... cool10.gif  common001.gif  cool10.gif

get together for some bears would be nice...
there are allready comming rushfans from canada and even from russia!!!
if your only comming for one show, I would recommend the second show, because the acoustic in the ahoy arena is verry loud. i saw them in rotterdam with the R30-tour and the sound was great, but it shouldn't be been louder because otherwise we were deaf!
hope to see you there!!!   trink38.gif  trink39.gif

#25 bringer of balance

bringer of balance

The Seeker

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Communist Olga @ May 29 2007, 09:26 PM)
I'm going to this one too, if all goes well. Got my ticket, just need to sort out flights and staying information.
Never seen Rush live before, so I'm really excited. Also, good to know there'll be someone to camp out with at the front of the stage biggrin.gif

hey communist olga,

wauw, it's awesome that you will come all the way from russia to holland to see rush live!!!!
I'll be togheter with arrowsnake, we're comming from belgium...not to much rushfans over here also, butt lucky for us we only need to take a train to rotterdam.

here is a link to some hotels in the area of the ahoy arena.
www.bookings.nl (choose rotterdam, area ahoy and you will get a list of 30 hotels)

hope to see you there!!!! grtz     trink38.gif  2.gif

#26 bringer of balance

bringer of balance

The Seeker

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Sep 5 2007, 11:09 AM)
Hey Guys!

I say we get together for a few beers before the show..  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

rofl3.gif  cool10.gif

hey arrowsnake,  ik heb juist een link gevonden naar een downloadprogramma waar ik een bootlegvideo(met uitstekende kwaliteit) kan downloaden van de R30 tour live in new york!!!
ik ga wel nog twee weken moeten wachten want anders heb ik geen internet meer!!!
GeddyFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  

#27 Communist Olga

Communist Olga

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:36 PM

I'll be staying at the cheapest place I can find, so no candid Rush sightings for me, unfortunately. sad.gif
Anyone else coming to Rotterdam just for the night and then going? I really might just stay up all night and make the best of it after the concert.

#28 Boof

Boof

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:43 PM

Manchester gig.
Flight Glasgow-Brussels on Monday.
Train Charleroi, Sud - Centraal, Rotterdam on Monday (should I book tickets now or just buy when I get there?)
Hotel Emma, Rotterdam Monday, Tuesday nights.
Return from Charleroi Wednesday.....early train from Rotterdam :-(

#29 bringer of balance

bringer of balance

The Seeker

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Boof @ Sep 5 2007, 11:43 PM)
Manchester gig.
Train Charleroi, Sud - Centraal, Rotterdam on Monday (should I book tickets now or just buy when I get there?)

hey beef,

if I where you, I will get my ticket now, altought very strange but for both the show the best tickets are still availbe(free standing places).
3 years ago this was the very opposite of it...

here is a link where you can find tickets for rush... http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist.htmI?l=NL&artist=RUSH

in only 5 minutes you can have the tickets on your computer...
2.gif  

#30 bringer of balance

bringer of balance

The Seeker

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:56 AM

are there people ho are from rotterdam?
we are going for 2 days, and if anyone can tell me, there are some great clubs in rotterdam it would be nice...
3 years ago i was there only for one night, so have to spend the hole night in rotterdam waiting for the morning train to antwerp. and from what i remember it wasn't that nice over there...  sad.gif  

#31 bringer of balance

bringer of balance

The Seeker

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Sep 5 2007, 11:09 AM)
Hey Guys!

rofl3.gif  cool10.gif

hey arrowsnake are we going to take our guitar with us to rotterdam if so maybe we can study some rush songs to play in the streets of rotterdam... maybe I'll could find a cheap acoustic bass somewhere... or we can buy that banjo after all!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif  

#32 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

Th..th..THAT'S ITâ„¢ folks!!!

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Communist Olga @ Sep 5 2007, 04:36 PM)
I'll be staying at the cheapest place I can find, so no candid Rush sightings for me, unfortunately. sad.gif
Anyone else coming to Rotterdam just for the night and then going? I really might just stay up all night and make the best of it after the concert.

Wow - lots of activity in this thread now - we are getting closer and CLOSER!

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Olga - my crew will be in Rotterdam for just one night only but have pretty good hotel arrangements.  Chances are we'll stay awake all night and party - then choo-choo train back to Amsterdam the next morning.

If you plan on staying awake all night you might have lots of company.

#33 ArrowSnake

ArrowSnake

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1820 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:33 AM

Wow, amazing how many fans from all over the world are coming to these shows..... We're gonna have such a good time!  1022.gif  trink38.gif

I just can't wait anymore!!

#34 Communist Olga

Communist Olga

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 6 2007, 03:01 PM)

Olga - my crew will be in Rotterdam for just one night only but have pretty good hotel arrangements.  Chances are we'll stay awake all night and party - then choo-choo train back to Amsterdam the next morning.

Groovy. All-nighters are kickass.
I have a plane to catch at around 1 pm from Schiphol the next day, so I might just tag along with you guys if you're going away early.
Any idea if there are any trains running from Rotterdam straight to Schiphol? Because that'll probably save time and give the opportunity to see more of Rotterdam, I've heard it's terrific. No sense in rushing back (no pun intended) to Amsterdam if you only spend 1-2 hours there before having to go to the airport.

EDIT.
Also, all those Rotterdam-savvy: can you tell me if this hostel here is close to Ahoy or not?
http://www.roomrotterdam.nl/index.php?opti...d=143&Itemid=57
I really don't want to hoof it through half the town if I go back at late at night or something sad.gif

Edited by Communist Olga, 07 September 2007 - 06:35 AM.

#35 bringer of balance

bringer of balance

The Seeker

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Communist Olga @ Sep 7 2007, 11:44 AM)

I have a plane to catch at around 1 pm from Schiphol the next day, so I might just tag along with you guys if you're going away early.
Any idea if there are any trains running from Rotterdam straight to Schiphol? Because that'll probably save time and give the opportunity to see more of Rotterdam, I've heard it's terrific. No sense in rushing back (no pun intended) to Amsterdam if you only spend 1-2 hours there before having to go to the airport.

EDIT.
Also, all those Rotterdam-savvy: can you tell me if this hostel here is close to Ahoy or not?
I really don't want to hoof it through half the town if I go back at late at night or something sad.gif

hey communist olga,

you hostel is just 5 kilometers from the ahoy arena, so quite a walk I should think  sad.gif   wink.gif

here is a link that shows you a map and direction from your hostel to the arena: [URL=here is a link that shows you a map and direction from your hostel to the arena: directions

in the left you type the adress "zuiderparkplein"   in the right  you type the adress "Van Vollenhovenstraat"  now you will see a map and directions...
sorry enough it doesn't give you info about public transport... I hope it helps you...

2.gif

Edited by bringer of balance, 07 September 2007 - 05:09 PM.

#36 Communist Olga

Communist Olga

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (bringer of balance @ Sep 8 2007, 01:59 AM)
QUOTE (Communist Olga @ Sep 7 2007, 11:44 AM)

EDIT.

hey communist olga,

you hostel is just 5 kilometers from the ahoy arena, so quite a walk I should think  sad.gif   wink.gif

here is a link that shows you a map and direction from your hostel to the arena: [URL=http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/Itineraires?strStartLocid=34MTE1NDZyZnMwMDQxdjVqMTA1NGdpbWtjTlRFdU9UQTVPVFU9Y05DNDBOemd3TXc9PWNOVEV1T1RFd056az1jTkM0ME56WTFOZz09Y05URXVPVEE1T1RVPWNOQzQwTnpnd013PT0wbFZhbiBWb2xsZW5ob3ZlbnN0cmFhdA==&from=MAP#startLocid=34MTE1NDZyZnMwMDQxdjVqMTA1NGdpbWtjTlRFdU9UQTVPVFU9Y05DNDBOemd3TXc9PWNOVEV1T1RFd056az1jTkM0ME56WTFOZz09Y05URXVPVEE1T1RVPWNOQzQwTnpnd013PT0wbFZhbiBWb2xsZW5ob3ZlbnN0cmFhdA__&destLocid=34MTE1NGJncmgwMDQxdjVqMTA1NTJ1eHhjTlRFdU9EZ3lOalk9Y05DNDBPRGMwTnc9PWNOVEV1T0RneU5EUT1jTkM0ME9Ea3hOQT09Y05URXVPRGd5TmpZPWNOQzQwT0RjME53PT0wZlp1aWRlcnBhcmtwbGVpbg__&step1Locid=&step2Locid=&vh=CAR&distance=km&strVehicle=0&intItineraryType=1&devise=1.0|EUR&isAvoidFrontiers=false&isFavoriseAutoroute=false&isAvoidPeage=false&isAvoidVignette=false&isAvoidLNR=false&carTypeHidden=Citadine&caravaneHidden=false&typeCarbHidden=essence&autoConso=9.0&villeConso=8.0&ro

sorry enough it doesn't give you info about public transport... I hope it helps you...

2.gif

Thanks dude. I think I've got it nailed so far, apparently I can just use the tube. smile.gif

#37 jrenee2112

jrenee2112

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:06 PM

Man, this is a 15 hour flight for me.  There is no way I am flying coach for 15 hours!  I'll have to make sure I can get a first or business class ticket first before I confirm.  If I can't make it, can someone please bring me back some Amsterdam shrooms?

#38 bringer of balance

bringer of balance

The Seeker

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (jrenee2112 @ Sep 8 2007, 06:06 PM)
Man, this is a 15 hour flight for me.  There is no way I am flying coach for 15 hours!  I'll have to make sure I can get a first or business class ticket first before I confirm.  If I can't make it, can someone please bring me back some Amsterdam shrooms?

no problem....

wen I'm passing by there... I will drop them in!!!!!!!!!!  biggrin.gif  cool10.gif  cool10.gif  

#39 Boof

Boof

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (bringer of balance @ Sep 6 2007, 10:37 AM)
Manchester gig.

hey beef,

if I where you, I will get my ticket now, altought very strange but for both the show the best tickets are still availbe(free standing places).

here is a link where you can find tickets for rush... http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist.htmI?l=NL&artist=RUSH

2.gif

I've already got my  2.gif  tickets 653.gif

I was asking the Belgian-based dudes (can't remember if you're one of 'em) if I hould get my Charleroi-Rotterdam train tickets now or just wait till I get to Charleroi....??

#40 ArrowSnake

ArrowSnake

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1820 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (Boof @ Sep 8 2007, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (bringer of balance @ Sep 6 2007, 10:37 AM)
Manchester gig.

hey beef,

2.gif

I've already got my  2.gif  tickets 653.gif

I was asking the Belgian-based dudes (can't remember if you're one of 'em) if I hould get my Charleroi-Rotterdam train tickets now or just wait till I get to Charleroi....??

Hey Boof, I think you can get your Rotterdam ticket in Charleroi... I don't think that would be a problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users