2007 - 10/16 - Rotterdam, Netherlands - Ahoy

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Sep 5 2007, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (jrenee2112 @ Sep 4 2007, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (BroonsBabe @ Aug 26 2007, 03:55 PM)
Hey Guys!

Can't wait!  this is going to be so much fun!

I say we get together for a few beers before the show..  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

Where can you find the best shrooms? tongue.gif common001.gif

rofl3.gif cool10.gif

hey arrowsnake, ik heb juist een link gevonden naar een downloadprogramma waar ik een bootlegvideo(met uitstekende kwaliteit) kan downloaden van de R30 tour live in new york!!!

ik ga wel nog twee weken moeten wachten want anders heb ik geen internet meer!!!

GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester gig.

Flight Glasgow-Brussels on Monday.

Train Charleroi, Sud - Centraal, Rotterdam on Monday (should I book tickets now or just buy when I get there?)

Hotel Emma, Rotterdam Monday, Tuesday nights.

Return from Charleroi Wednesday.....early train from Rotterdam :-(

QUOTE (Boof @ Sep 5 2007, 11:43 PM)
Manchester gig.
Train Charleroi, Sud - Centraal, Rotterdam on Monday (should I book tickets now or just buy when I get there?)

hey beef,

if I where you, I will get my ticket now, altought very strange but for both the show the best tickets are still availbe(free standing places).

3 years ago this was the very opposite of it...

here is a link where you can find tickets for rush... http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist.htmI?l=NL&artist=RUSH

in only 5 minutes you can have the tickets on your computer...

2.gif

are there people ho are from rotterdam?

we are going for 2 days, and if anyone can tell me, there are some great clubs in rotterdam it would be nice...

3 years ago i was there only for one night, so have to spend the hole night in rotterdam waiting for the morning train to antwerp. and from what i remember it wasn't that nice over there... sad.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Sep 5 2007, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (jrenee2112 @ Sep 4 2007, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (BroonsBabe @ Aug 26 2007, 03:55 PM)
Hey Guys!

Can't wait!  this is going to be so much fun!

I say we get together for a few beers before the show..  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

Where can you find the best shrooms? tongue.gif common001.gif

rofl3.gif cool10.gif

hey arrowsnake are we going to take our guitar with us to rotterdam if so maybe we can study some rush songs to play in the streets of rotterdam... maybe I'll could find a cheap acoustic bass somewhere... or we can buy that banjo after all!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Communist Olga @ Sep 5 2007, 04:36 PM)
I'll be staying at the cheapest place I can find, so no candid Rush sightings for me, unfortunately. sad.gif
Anyone else coming to Rotterdam just for the night and then going? I really might just stay up all night and make the best of it after the concert.

Wow - lots of activity in this thread now - we are getting closer and CLOSER!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Olga - my crew will be in Rotterdam for just one night only but have pretty good hotel arrangements. Chances are we'll stay awake all night and party - then choo-choo train back to Amsterdam the next morning.

If you plan on staying awake all night you might have lots of company.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 6 2007, 03:01 PM)
I'll be staying at the cheapest place I can find, so no candid Rush sightings for me, unfortunately. sad.gif
Anyone else coming to Rotterdam just for the night and then going? I really might just stay up all night and make the best of it after the concert.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Olga - my crew will be in Rotterdam for just one night only but have pretty good hotel arrangements. Chances are we'll stay awake all night and party - then choo-choo train back to Amsterdam the next morning.

Groovy. All-nighters are kickass.

I have a plane to catch at around 1 pm from Schiphol the next day, so I might just tag along with you guys if you're going away early.

Any idea if there are any trains running from Rotterdam straight to Schiphol? Because that'll probably save time and give the opportunity to see more of Rotterdam, I've heard it's terrific. No sense in rushing back (no pun intended) to Amsterdam if you only spend 1-2 hours there before having to go to the airport.

EDIT.

Also, all those Rotterdam-savvy: can you tell me if this hostel here is close to Ahoy or not?

http://www.roomrotterdam.nl/index.php?opti...d=143&Itemid=57

I really don't want to hoof it through half the town if I go back at late at night or something sad.gif

QUOTE (Communist Olga @ Sep 7 2007, 11:44 AM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I have a plane to catch at around 1 pm from Schiphol the next day, so I might just tag along with you guys if you're going away early.

Any idea if there are any trains running from Rotterdam straight to Schiphol? Because that'll probably save time and give the opportunity to see more of Rotterdam, I've heard it's terrific. No sense in rushing back (no pun intended) to Amsterdam if you only spend 1-2 hours there before having to go to the airport.

EDIT.

Also, all those Rotterdam-savvy: can you tell me if this hostel here is close to Ahoy or not?

I really don't want to hoof it through half the town if I go back at late at night or something sad.gif

hey communist olga,

you hostel is just 5 kilometers from the ahoy arena, so quite a walk I should think sad.gif wink.gif

here is a link that shows you a map and direction from your hostel to the arena: [url=here is a link that shows you a map and direction from your hostel to the arena: directions

in the left you type the adress "zuiderparkplein" in the right you type the adress "Van Vollenhovenstraat" now you will see a map and directions...

sorry enough it doesn't give you info about public transport... I hope it helps you...

2.gif

QUOTE (bringer of balance @ Sep 8 2007, 01:59 AM)
QUOTE (Communist Olga @ Sep 7 2007, 11:44 AM)

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

EDIT.

hey communist olga,

you hostel is just 5 kilometers from the ahoy arena, so quite a walk I should think sad.gif wink.gif

here is a link that shows you a map and direction from your hostel to the arena: [url=http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/Itineraires?strStartLocid=34MTE1NDZyZnMwMDQxdjVqMTA1NGdpbWtjTlRFdU9UQTVPVFU9Y05DNDBOemd3TXc9PWNOVEV1T1RFd056az1jTkM0ME56WTFOZz09Y05URXVPVEE1T1RVPWNOQzQwTnpnd013PT0wbFZhbiBWb2xsZW5ob3ZlbnN0cmFhdA==&from=MAP#startLocid=34MTE1NDZyZnMwMDQxdjVqMTA1NGdpbWtjTlRFdU9UQTVPVFU9Y05DNDBOemd3TXc9PWNOVEV1T1RFd056az1jTkM0ME56WTFOZz09Y05URXVPVEE1T1RVPWNOQzQwTnpnd013PT0wbFZhbiBWb2xsZW5ob3ZlbnN0cmFhdA__&destLocid=34MTE1NGJncmgwMDQxdjVqMTA1NTJ1eHhjTlRFdU9EZ3lOalk9Y05DNDBPRGMwTnc9PWNOVEV1T0RneU5EUT1jTkM0ME9Ea3hOQT09Y05URXVPRGd5TmpZPWNOQzQwT0RjME53PT0wZlp1aWRlcnBhcmtwbGVpbg__&step1Locid=&step2Locid=&vh=CAR&distance=km&strVehicle=0&intItineraryType=1&devise=1.0|EUR&isAvoidFrontiers=false&isFavoriseAutoroute=false&isAvoidPeage=false&isAvoidVignette=false&isAvoidLNR=false&carTypeHidden=Citadine&caravaneHidden=false&typeCarbHidden=essence&autoConso=9.0&villeConso=8.0&ro

sorry enough it doesn't give you info about public transport... I hope it helps you...

2.gif

Thanks dude. I think I've got it nailed so far, apparently I can just use the tube. smile.gif

Man, this is a 15 hour flight for me. There is no way I am flying coach for 15 hours! I'll have to make sure I can get a first or business class ticket first before I confirm. If I can't make it, can someone please bring me back some Amsterdam shrooms?

QUOTE (jrenee2112 @ Sep 8 2007, 06:06 PM)
Man, this is a 15 hour flight for me. There is no way I am flying coach for 15 hours! I'll have to make sure I can get a first or business class ticket first before I confirm. If I can't make it, can someone please bring me back some Amsterdam shrooms?

no problem....

wen I'm passing by there... I will drop them in!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (bringer of balance @ Sep 6 2007, 10:37 AM)
Manchester gig.

hey beef,

if I where you, I will get my ticket now, altought very strange but for both the show the best tickets are still availbe(free standing places).

here is a link where you can find tickets for rush... http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist.htmI?l=NL&artist=RUSH

2.gif

I've already got my 2.gif tickets 653.gif

I was asking the Belgian-based dudes (can't remember if you're one of 'em) if I hould get my Charleroi-Rotterdam train tickets now or just wait till I get to Charleroi....??

QUOTE (Boof @ Sep 8 2007, 09:44 PM)
Manchester gig.

hey beef,

2.gif

I was asking the Belgian-based dudes (can't remember if you're one of 'em) if I hould get my Charleroi-Rotterdam train tickets now or just wait till I get to Charleroi....??

Hey Boof, I think you can get your Rotterdam ticket in Charleroi... I don't think that would be a problem

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Sep 9 2007, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (Boof @ Sep 8 2007, 09:44 PM)
Manchester gig.

hey beef,

2.gif

Hey Boof, I think you can get your Rotterdam ticket in Charleroi... I don't think that would be a problem

yep, I'm one of theme...

no beef, that wouldn't be a problem to buy you ticket in charleroi...

there are trains running to rotterdam every 30min. or something like that...

it will cost you 25 or 30 euro...

see you there right??? trink38.gif 2.gif

Heya folks -

Anyone from the Netherlands can assist me in trying to get tickets to the Netherlands / Slovenia football match on October 17th?

The match is at PSV Eindhoven but I don't read enough Dutch to figure out where to order tickets - or if there are any available.

Any help would be appreciated!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 13 2007, 09:22 PM)
Heya folks -

Anyone from the Netherlands can assist me in trying to get tickets to the Netherlands / Slovenia football match on October 17th?

The match is at PSV Eindhoven but I don't read enough Dutch to figure out where to order tickets - or if there are any available.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hey Godeater,

If you go here: www.ticketunlimited.nl/productdetails.aspx?event=1655 - 33k -

I think you can buy tickets there....IF YOU CLICK ON THE ENGLISH FLAG, THE WEBSITE WILL BE IN ENGLISH!

I don't know anything about football, but I hope this will be helpfull for you....?

trink39.gif

Archived