Album of the moment

fledgehog

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Mar 22 2009, 10:23 PM)

I'd have to say right now, Miles Davis- Kind of Blue. I always used to think it was overrated, but I gave it another listen last night and realized its beauty yes.gif

It's a stunning piece of work. It gets better with every listen.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 23 2009, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Mar 22 2009, 10:23 PM)

I'd have to say right now, Miles Davis- Kind of Blue.  I always used to think it was overrated, but I gave it another listen last night and realized its beauty yes.gif

It's a stunning piece of work. It gets better with every listen.

they released a box set of it. cd. and vinyl plus a book . might have to get this

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 22 2009, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Mar 22 2009, 07:14 PM)
Thin Lizzy-Vegabonds of the Western world

haven't listened to it in a while. Near perfect album besides one song.

I love that album, the title track is so good it should have been played live throughout the 70s and been on Live and Dangerous. There's not really a bad song on there at all and the CD includes the singles from 1973 that didn't appear on the original vinyl album which enhances it's appeal even more.

cool10.gif 1022.gif

I bought the CD versions (I wasn't alive when they sold vinyl records sad.gif ) and the added singles are great!! The only song I don't care for form the album is 'A song for while im away' its a beautiful song, but I just never cared for it.

I have two albums of the moment - Smallcreep's Day, (Mike Rutherford) and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. smile.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Mar 25 2009, 12:28 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 24 2009, 03:21 PM)
I have two albums of the moment - Smallcreep's Day, (Mike Rutherford) and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. smile.gif

The Lamb is so amazing wub.gif

I've only recently heard it, believe it or not, so I'm still obsessed with it laugh.gif

Dream Theater - Awake

Great album...I'd rank it up with Scenes and I&W as my favorite DT album. Pretty much been listening to it at least once a week since Christmas and I still think its flawless. laugh.gif 1022.gif

Archived