Lime's Question/ Help Thread

*Limelight*

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*ahem*

well, Lime isn't exactly the right person to ask, considering that he is merely an amateur spammer. Sure he boosts his post count in game threads, but that doesn't allow him to qualify as a truthful, bona fide spammer.

Which is why I'm going to answer for him smile.gif

In my case? Boredom. Lack of a real life. And the post count thing.

So, Lime, you wanna try to give a better answer?

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Aug 16 2006, 10:19 AM)
*ahem*

well, Lime isn't exactly the right person to ask, considering that he is merely an amateur spammer.  Sure he boosts his post count in game threads, but that doesn't allow him to qualify as a truthful, bona fide spammer.

In my case? Boredom.  Lack of a real life.  And the post count thing.

Actually, I would've asked you (since you're a pro wink.gif ) but I didn't want to override Lime since this is his thread. Thanks for answering. And again don't take that question the wrong way.

Lime, anything to add?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 15 2006, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Aug 16 2006, 10:19 AM)
*ahem*

well, Lime isn't exactly the right person to ask, considering that he is merely an amateur spammer.  Sure he boosts his post count in game threads, but that doesn't allow him to qualify as a truthful, bona fide spammer.

In my case? Boredom.  Lack of a real life.  And the post count thing.

Actually, I would've asked you (since you're a pro wink.gif ) but I didn't want to override Lime since this is his thread. Thanks for answering. And again don't take that question the wrong way.

Lime, anything to add?

No.

Nothing, just fledge please don't answer question's in my thread

only ask them.

Thank you

I've been seriously cutting down on spamming big time. I'm definitely an amateur spammer at best. I guess it's just because the icons are so cool here that I can't wait to get to the next one. I haven't spammed in a couple of weeks and I really am trying to stop completely. It's just kind of like a fun thing to do. I think the thing is, JohnnyBlaze, that the purpose is mainly just to raise post count. If you think KublaKhan & Fledgehog are good spammers, you have not seen The Great Zo at work.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Aug 16 2006, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 16 2006, 01:36 PM)
If you think KublaKhan & Fledgehog are good spammers, you have not seen The Great Zo at work.

laugh.gif

He has 38,XXX posts at CP laugh.gif ; like 1000-some-odd per day! tongue.gif

I sent him a PM one time asking him how he does it. He told me something like "Oh, it's easy, I do it at all the forums I'm at, unless there is a strict "No Spamming" rule". He only reached a mere 14,XXX here.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 16 2006, 11:02 AM)
Ok, i gotta write 8 more bars of my solo. and i'm trying to incorperate cymbals and toms. Any sugestions on the actual writing of it?

And, is there any way to not get blisters without gloves?

thanks in advance smile.gif

I'll handle the second question first.

You cold possbily tape your finger's like some drummer's do.

It may work, i'm not sure.

But overalll i'm not really sure, because i'm not a drummer.

And for the first question:

Concentrate on the speed of the how fast you are going.

When the final 8 bars come, look at what's closest when you are entering these final 8 bars and hit that.

From there on, just go with what feels the most comfortable doing.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then restart and think it over and over and over until it feels the most comfortable while kicking ass.

Note: fledge and Rush!

If your not here to ask questions, don't post at all.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 17 2006, 02:36 AM)
. I think the thing is, JohnnyBlaze, that the purpose is mainly just to raise post count. If you think KublaKhan & Fledgehog are good spammers, you have not seen The Great Zo at work.

I'll never use the word 'good' in reference to spammers. 'Pro' yes, but I'll never say that they're 'good'. And I have seen Zo at work. 10,000+ posts of uselessness within a day or so, right? Not 'good' but 'pro'. yes.gif

Anyways, my next question for Lime: What do you think the next trend on tv after reality shows is?

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 16 2006, 03:58 PM)
Ok, i gotta write 8 more bars of my solo. and i'm trying to incorperate cymbals and toms. Any sugestions on the actual writing of it?

When the final 8 bars come, look at what's closest when you are entering these final 8 bars and hit that.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then restart and think it over and over and over until it feels the most comfortable while kicking ass.

thanks Lime smile.gif wrote it, and got to do some cool tom fills!

gonna write the final 8 bars tomorrow night, where it will be ready for the last day.

Your a big help smile.gif

tried tape, but it didnt work too well, but i do notice that band-aids work.

should be fine in a day or 2.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 16 2006, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 17 2006, 02:36 AM)
. I think the thing is, JohnnyBlaze, that the purpose is mainly just to raise post count. If you think KublaKhan & Fledgehog are good spammers, you have not seen The Great Zo at work.

I'll never use the word 'good' in reference to spammers. 'Pro' yes, but I'll never say that they're 'good'. And I have seen Zo at work. 10,000+ posts of uselessness within a day or so, right? Not 'good' but 'pro'. yes.gif

Anyways, my next question for Lime: What do you think the next trend on tv after reality shows is?

Well, i'm not really sure.

Reality TV is growing boring IMO i say it has a couple more months on top.

But a new wave ruling tv?

Maybe sitcom's may come back and rule tv again.

Til Death seems like a great new sitcom.

If not, i think game show's are long overdue to make a huge comeback.

So i say either sitcom's or game show's johny.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 16 2006, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 16 2006, 03:58 PM)

thanks Lime smile.gif wrote it, and got to do some cool tom fills!

gonna write the final 8 bars tomorrow night, where it will be ready for the last day.

Your a big help smile.gif

tried tape, but it didnt work too well, but i do notice that band-aids work.

should be fine in a day or 2.

Glad to hear i could help Kubla trink39.gif

Keep up your good work.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 16 2006, 02:58 PM)

Sorry about that Lime. But now I do have a question:

I don't know if you know but I play the drums. Lately I've been very influenced by Frank Zappa's mallet percussion pieces & players and I have been strongly considering taking up mallet percussion (i.e. xylophone/marimba). My birthday is coming up and I've been looking at different websites to try & find good quality professional xylophones & marimbas. I tried Amazon which I rely on almost all the time for the CDs and sometimes DVDs that I buy. I found no luck on Amazon with either instrument. I then found a website called Musician's Friend which I had heard of this site before and heard that they were very good & cheap with their selling of instruments. I did find luck with xylophones & marimbas there but the price range was off the charts. Mainly in the $1,000-$3,000 range they were and I figured no-one can buy me this for my birthday. So now after reading all of this, my question to you Lime, is would there be any way for me to buy a professional, decent-to-good quality xylophone or marimba (I am NOT getting both at the same time) from a cheap, reliable website? I tried EBay but it's all used items there and the prices were STILL in the thousand-dollar price range. If you could help me out Lime, I'd really appreciate it because I've even asked my drum teacher and he suggested EBay, even he doesn't really know what to do, so I've had no luck as you can see. Get back to me when you can Lime. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 16 2006, 06:51 PM)

I don't know if you know but I play the drums. Lately I've been very influenced by Frank Zappa's mallet percussion pieces & players and I have been strongly considering taking up mallet percussion (i.e. xylophone/marimba). My birthday is coming up and I've been looking at different websites to try & find good quality professional xylophones & marimbas. I tried Amazon which I rely on almost all the time for the CDs and sometimes DVDs that I buy. I found no luck on Amazon with either instrument. I then found a website called Musician's Friend which I had heard of this site before and heard that they were very good & cheap with their selling of instruments. I did find luck with xylophones & marimbas there but the price range was off the charts. Mainly in the $1,000-$3,000 range they were and I figured no-one can buy me this for my birthday. So now after reading all of this, my question to you Lime, is would there be any way for me to buy a professional, decent-to-good quality xylophone or marimba (I am NOT getting both at the same time) from a cheap, reliable website? I tried EBay but it's all used items there and the prices were STILL in the thousand-dollar price range. If you could help me out Lime, I'd really appreciate it because I've even asked my drum teacher and he suggested EBay, even he doesn't really know what to do, so I've had no luck as you can see. Get back to me when you can Lime. smile.gif

Well, after a long search i found some:

http://www.drumsonsale.com/ludwig-page/index-musser.html

http://www.interstatemusic.com/webapp/wcs/...ategoryId=13453

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bo/navigati...=1&src=3SOSWXXA

http://www.custommarimba.com/

There a couple in each of them which, may be near the price range, below $1,000, sorry that i don't know EXACTLY what you are looking for, but i tried my best.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 16 2006, 10:13 PM)

There a couple in each of them which, may be near the price range, below $1,000, sorry that i don't know EXACTLY what you are looking for, but i tried my best.

Questions concerning Amazon:

Do they ship to Canada?

Are the display prices in Canadian dollars or American dollars?

Ok this is a real question

I took a picture from one of the threads i like and used it for my desktop theme & now i can't get rid of it Help! I have tried everything i tried to put a new one up & it just stays the same ????

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 17 2006, 04:56 AM)

Do they ship to Canada?

There is an amazon.com

and amazon.ca

even a uk one amazon.uk

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 17 2006, 07:43 AM)
Ok this is a real question

I took a picture from one of the threads i like and used it for my desktop theme & now i can't get rid of it Help! I have tried everything i tried to put a new one up & it just stays the same ????

Well, i just tried this out.

And i didn't have a problem.

I just went to desktop and put my own different one in.

If that doesn't work, then find the one you have on there right now, and try to delete it so, it will go away.

Other then that, i don't know confused13.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 16 2006, 09:13 PM)

Thanks a lot Lime. I really appreciate it. smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 17 2006, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 17 2006, 04:56 AM)

Do they ship to Canada?

There is an amazon.com

and amazon.ca

even a uk one amazon.uk

Dude, thanks.

Cant find any instruments on here, do they have them on the canadian version?

Archived